2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130888 - 04/01/07 10:30 AM Re: Hello From San Diego
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Syndicate:
Save your penny bro. I'm sure there's going to be quite a few great options hitting the market soon.
Does that mean that you are not all that happy with your AC coils and shackles? I was thinking of something like that for mine.

#130889 - 04/01/07 03:09 PM Re: Hello From San Diego
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Does that mean that you are not all that happy with your AC coils and shackles? I was thinking of something like that for mine.
Well put Frank, I was wondering the same thing.

#130890 - 04/01/07 07:21 PM Re: Hello From San Diego
Anonymous
Unregistered

Where in San Marcos do you live? I am in Carlsbad.
I haven't really been posting here just lurking. I have been thinking about going on an excursion this winter. I could probably make it to the Meet and Greet too.
BTW Does anyone have input on what is better the Shrockrock Sliders or the Calmini Slider? I'll probably be ordering one of these pretty soon.

#130891 - 04/01/07 07:57 PM Re: Hello From San Diego
Anonymous
Unregistered

I haven't seen the Calmini sliders for the next Gen. On the first Gen trucks they were difficult to use with a HiLift. That may be something to consider. Shrock's are [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

#130892 - 04/01/07 08:20 PM Re: Hello From San Diego
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank B:
Well, you get what you pay for I guess. I am installing the rear shackles this weekend, but I haven't heard a single complaint about them. The front coils are extremely stout and tend to make the front top-out (opposite of bottoming-out), but it's far better than a stock setup. I've got rancho 9000 adjustable shocks too. For what you get, it's hard to beat the price, based on what's currently on the market. Plus, it's enough of a lift to clear my tires even with full suspension compression and, I didn't need to extend any lines.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziggster:
Where in San Marcos do you live? I am in Carlsbad.....
Does anyone have input on what is better the Shrockrock Sliders or the Calmini Slider?
I live right off of San Marcos Blvd. I'm headed out to Borrego Badlands Friday night and I'd ask you guys to join me but I'm taking the girlfriend on a desert tour, slash, dinner date. Pics to follow.

I've only seen Shrock sliders. They offer more protection and double as a side step.

#130893 - 04/01/07 09:14 PM Re: Hello From San Diego
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziggster:
Where in San Marcos do you live? I am in Carlsbad.
I haven't really been posting here just lurking. I have been thinking about going on an excursion this winter. I could probably make it to the Meet and Greet too.
BTW Does anyone have input on what is better the Shrockrock Sliders or the Calmini Slider? I'll probably be ordering one of these pretty soon.
Welcome.

As for the sliders, I've been very happy with the Shrocks, but those I know with the Calminis have been happy as well. The Calmini is tucked in tighter, which some people like because you don't drag your leg against them like you do the Shrock. Keeps your pant legs cleaner if you drive the truck while wearing nice clothes. Personally, I like the way the Shrocks stick out a bit, they make a nice step rail.

Has Calmini actually come out with sliders for the 05+ years? I've only seen them on the older trucks.

#130894 - 05/01/07 08:10 AM Re: Hello From San Diego
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am pretty sure Calmini has come out with them for the new X. I looked at them for mine, but I like the added feature of a step rail (fiance is pretty short) and I also don't mind having the rail there when I park the car and some idiot parks too close to me. Left me ordering the Shrockworks sliders, plus I had also ordered the front bumper from them as well.

#130895 - 05/01/07 10:47 AM Re: Hello From San Diego
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll play devils advocate here, the ONLY problems I've seen with having another step like the shrocks is that the tip of a rock could get in between the upper and lower portion of the slider. Granted the same can happen to between the lower bar and the frame but it's another spot to get hung up on, even if your changes are slim. But the upper bar sticks out far enough that it stick out beyond the body, so if your parking in a reeaally tight spot and turn too hard, the slider will hit the concret pillar and not your door smile errr let me rephrase that, when your ona really tight trail a vertical tree will hit the slider and not the door smile

#130896 - 07/01/07 01:34 AM Re: Hello From San Diego
Anonymous
Unregistered

I used a Hi-Lift on my Shrock sliders today and noticed that the clearance between the slider and the door jam pinch seam closed in. In other words, something was bending. It was a little disconcerning. Has anyone experienced this?

#130897 - 10/01/07 12:21 AM Re: Hello From San Diego
Anonymous
Unregistered

newbie here. just got a black 06 OR 4x2. in the body shop now b/c the glass shop messed up the paint when replacing the windshield. anyway, interested in any trips for rookies and meeting some new people. live in p.b., so hello everyone!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal