2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#136010 - 25/07/06 12:43 PM Re: Transformers the Movie
airbutchie Offline

Loc: Where the freakin' Rose Parade...
That's pretty cool Nismo... Nice gif... Hehhehehhe..

- Air B [ThumbsUp]

#136011 - 27/07/06 11:12 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think Dane Cook has a small part in the movie too and he starts filming it next month.

Citroen put out a commerical which is kinda cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izJp036-1JI

#136012 - 29/07/06 08:27 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
Quote:
Originally posted by pino:
Alright, the 3rd time is the charm!

If this don't work then I give up!
I picked up 2 each of those posters at teh comic con last weekend. laugh [ThumbsUp]

#136013 - 29/07/06 09:53 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by silverkat:
I think Dane Cook has a small part in the movie too and he starts filming it next month.

Citroen put out a commerical which is kinda cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izJp036-1JI
and another: Citroen Skater laugh

#136014 - 29/07/06 11:32 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
and another: Citroen Skater laugh
You mean the one KJ posted on the first page? [Wave]

#136015 - 29/07/06 03:34 PM Re: Transformers the Movie
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
[b]and another: Citroen Skater laugh
You mean the one KJ posted on the first page? [Wave] [/b]
Got Brent?
[LOL]

#136016 - 29/07/06 06:48 PM Re: Transformers the Movie
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
Got Brent?
[LOL]
[Spit] Actually, I think Brent might actually kill if he saw something posted 2 different times in the same thread.

#136017 - 29/07/06 07:00 PM Re: Transformers the Movie
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Lets not talk about him too much, he's been behaving.....lately. Gotta love those days when you come to XOC and every recent post says at the end of it "(OffroadX)" [LOL]

#136018 - 30/08/06 01:19 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
wikipedia has updated some of its stuff to reflect the recent announcements about the robot roster in the film...

Autobots

Optimus Prime (Peterbilt semi-truck) - A long-nosed cab fashioned with red/black-flames artwork has been seen on set; discussion with Bay representatives seems to affirm this is indeed Optimus Prime's alternate form. On G4 channel's Attack of the Show, an interview with Lorenzo DiBonaventura confirmed that Optimus was scaled to be 32 feet in robot form, and definitely a semi in auto form, However, Michael Bay has said Optimus is 28 feet tall.[14] Orci described Optimus as a noble king, similar to King Arthur. A photo of what is alleged to be Optimus Prime in his vehicle mode was leaked onto the internet. His alternate form is a dark blue Peterbilt semi truck with red flames painted on the sides. This has also caused some controversy with both fans and critics from Ain't It Cool News and other sites expressing disapproval of the changes to the character's appearance from his Generation 1 incarnation[15]. It should be noted, however, that this color scheme closely matches one of the G2 Optimus Prime toys[16]. Indeed, a source has said Prime in alternate mode is similar to his G2 look but in robot mode is similar to G1. [17]

Bumblebee (Chevrolet Camaro, later reformated as a Saleen-modified 2009 Chevrolet Camaro) - Bumblebee is the underdog character and a scout for the Autobots, as well as the Transformer most connected to humans. He ends up being purchased by Spike Witwicky, who was looking to buy his first car. In addition to the CGI model that is generally assumed to exist[18], Autobot Bumblebee's robot mode has been constructed as a physical prop as well[19]. A leaked picture briefly appeared on the net before being removed at the request of the studio, although mirrors of these image can be readily located. Some controversy has arisen as a result of the decision to change Bumblebee's alternate mode from a compact car to a muscle car. Bumblebee is 17 feet tall according to Bay.

Ironhide (GMC Topkick pickup truck) - Ironhide has apparently replaced the controversial choice of Arcee in the February 2006 draft of the script. He is believed to be a modified GMC Top Kick C4500 4WD Crew Cab. [15] A picture of Ironhide in this alternate form has surfaced on the internet.[16] Ironhide is described as being a classic cowboy type of character who is always the first to rush into battle. The writers also note that he will be portrayed as being one of Optimus' oldest friends. Ironhide will be 26 feet tall.

Jazz (Pontiac Solstice[20]) - His robot form will have the following features: "Grey body. Visor over eyes. Claw[-}like fingers. Design is similar to Optimus Prime and Bumblebee in that it has exposed gears, similar feet. Front end of the car becomes his chest."[17] Kurtzman describes Jazz as a "rock-and-roll" type character who lives by his credo of "If you can’t do something with style, it’s not worth doing at all." He will be 15 feet tall.

Ratchet (Emergency vehicle based on the Humvee design) - An emergency response vehicle, Ratchet was mentioned during pre-production several times by producer Don Murphy. Recent leaked photos of the actual vehicle appear to be an emergency vehicle built from the Humvee. (AM General, who produced the original military Humvees, had many variants; it may be one of those variants or a custom-made truck for the movie). Ratchet's role in the movie is that of Autobot medic, and is 24 feet tall.
[edit]

Decepticons

Megatron (Cybertronian alternate mode confirmed in leaked photos to be an "Alien Jet") - Megatron will be presented personality-wise as an exact opposite to Optimus. An explanation as to why he started the war will also be at hand. He dwarfs the Autobots at 34 feet tall. Images of Megatron's original Cybertronian form were leaked on the 24th August 2006 [18]. It is unknown at this stage whether Megatron will assume an Earth alt-mode in the film. A post on Don Murphy's message board from Hasbro's CEO Brian Goldner suggests he might.
"Megatron is an early style board. Without revealing too much of the story, there is a very important reason for his look to have evolved from pure G1; although the final look is a work-in-progress--ILM has just recently begun all their CGI development. Megatron has a iconic personality, and approach that dates back to G1. Throughout time he has had a very big gun...."[19]

Starscream (F-22 Raptor) - Starscream is described as always looking to best Megatron; Orci and Kurtzman have confirmed that Megatron's traditional disdain for Starscream, and vice-versa, will remain intact.
Barricade (Saleen-modified Ford Mustang Police car) - Barricade is the Decepticon scout/hunter, hiding among the humans disguised as a symbol of authority. He does not appear to be based on any specific Generation 1 character, though there have been several Transformers characters bearing this name in the past.

Bonecrusher (Buffalo) - Bonecrusher's name was confirmed early on when a photo of a military mine-clearing vehicle with the name tampographed onto it was leaked early on. Subservient to Megatron, he is described as being the closest to a Constructicon as they could get in the movie.

Brawl (Tank) Although original reports suggested that this character would be named "Devastator," it was specifically cited that this was an example of a character whose name was not finalised. He is now confirmed to be named "Brawl," a fitting choice, as his triple-barreled turret and what Orci describes as a "pissed off" personality evoke the Combaticon of the same name.

Scorponok (Mechanical Scorpion) - A mechanical scorpion appropriately named Scorponok (first mentioned in an interview with director Michael Bay on Ain’t It Cool News; a newspaper article in the Northwest Florida Daily News confirms a scene between the military and a large mechanical scorpion). Scorponok will be the closest to his Beast Wars incarnation, as well as an example of animal Transformers.

Frenzy (Alt. mode currently unknown; rumored to be a boombox) - Originally scripted to be Soundwave, he was supposed to be a boombox that transformed into a human-sized robot; the character was later renamed and Soundwave was held over until a sequel, where Murphy said "...we can get him right." The character was renamed Frenzy as a homage to the G1 character who was a minion of Soundwave. His role in the film is that of a spy among humans for the Decepticons, using his alternate mode as a disguise.

Blackout (MH-53 Pave Low) - A Special Ops helicopter. Originally to be Soundwave after early CG cinematics were shown at San Diego Comic Con in 2005, but this was changed to become another character after Hasbro allegedly made it known that they wanted Soundwave to have a musical device mode. In early drafts of the script this character was named Grimlock, then according to Murphy was named Vortex (after the helicopter-mode Combaticon)). His name has now been confirmed as Blackout (a name used by a helicopter Decepticon in the recent Transformers: Energon toyline), and he can disable enemies with EMP-like blasts.

#136019 - 30/08/06 01:26 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
mineralblue Offline

#136020 - 30/08/06 02:37 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Dude, this is Megatron.

And can't forget the attachments too.

Fuck that "Alien Jet" horseshit. [ThumbsDown]

I might just rent this shit on DVD instead of going to the theater. It's gonna suck. mad

Oh yeah, I forgot to add in that Jazz was a fucking Porsche 911, not some gay ass Solistice. At least make it somewhat realistic and go with a Boxster S or something. Tools. mad

#136021 - 04/09/06 09:10 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
mineralblue Offline

Optimus Prime

#136022 - 06/09/06 07:21 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fried Rice Mofo:

Oh yeah, I forgot to add in that Jazz was a fucking Porsche 911, not some gay ass Solistice. At least make it somewhat realistic and go with a Boxster S or something. Tools. mad
It's all about product placement and Hasbro... I figured GM and Ford would probably pay more to put their vehicles in the movie.

#136023 - 06/09/06 07:40 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
NismoXse02 Offline

Megatron was the worst "Transformer". He's like the only one they didn't think through very well when doing the original design, yet he was the leader of the Decepticons. [Freak] I have no problem with them changing Megatron, but I would have considered a tank. I agree that they should keep the others close to being the same if possible.

#136024 - 06/09/06 11:42 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
I'll say it again! Bumblebee was a fucking VW Beetle! How much more fucking "underdog" can you get as a car turned hero for fucks sake!

Not gonna go see it at the movies. I'll wait the very short wait for DVD....

#136025 - 06/09/06 12:19 PM Re: Transformers the Movie
Origami Gangsta Offline

Quote:
Megatron was the worst "Transformer". He's like the only one they didn't think through very well when doing the original design, yet he was the leader of the Decepticons. [Freak] I have no problem with them changing Megatron, but I would have considered a tank. I agree that they should keep the others close to being the same if possible.
I see where you're coming from with that. The reason he rarely transformed was because he needed someone to carry him around (kinda lame when you think about it). He was much more hardcore (and self-sustaining) when he was turned into Galvatron.

#136026 - 06/09/06 12:21 PM Re: Transformers the Movie
Origami Gangsta Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
I'll say it again! Bumblebee was a fucking VW Beetle! How much more fucking "underdog" can you get as a car turned hero for fucks sake!

Not gonna go see it at the movies. I'll wait the very short wait for DVD....
Amen! [ThumbsUp]

#136027 - 06/09/06 12:33 PM Re: Transformers the Movie
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
I see where you're coming from with that. The reason he rarely transformed was because he needed someone to carry him around (kinda lame when you think about it). He was much more hardcore (and self-sustaining) when he was turned into Galvatron.
Exactly. That and he was completely out of porportion. He was the same size as a semi truck and all the other vehicles. [LOL] In the shows, he'd be a big robot and transform into a gun, but would be smaller and more accurate in size. Easy to do on a cartoon, but you couldn't do that with the toy.

I think I'd put Soundwave next on that list. 1) For the same reasons as Megatron 2) There are no boomboxes anymore.

#136028 - 06/09/06 12:37 PM Re: Transformers the Movie
Origami Gangsta Offline

Quote:
I think I'd put Soundwave next on that list. 1) For the same reasons as Megatron 2) There are no boomboxes anymore.
Hmmm, that'll be tough to get past the fans. There was just something fucking cool about Raven turning into a cassette and jumping into Soundwave's tape player for recon. That was the fucking shit.

#136029 - 06/09/06 01:05 PM Re: Transformers the Movie
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Exactly. That and he was completely out of porportion. He was the same size as a semi truck and all the other vehicles. [LOL] In the shows, he'd be a big robot and transform into a gun, but would be smaller and more accurate in size. Easy to do on a cartoon, but you couldn't do that with the toy.

following the movie's "updating pattern", perhaps Soundwave should be an iPod... wink

Quote:
Hmmm, that'll be tough to get past the fans. There was just something fucking cool about Raven turning into a cassette and jumping into Soundwave's tape player for recon. That was the fucking shit.
and Raven could be a MPEG file... laugh

#136030 - 06/09/06 02:27 PM Re: Transformers the Movie
airbutchie Offline

Loc: Where the freakin' Rose Parade...
Soundwave also had that tiger/cougar/cheetah lookin' thing that came outta his tape recorder... Can't visualize Soundwave as an iPod... How the fuck are is the bird (Raven) and the tiger/cougar/cheetah gonna come out? Just something to think about...

- Air B :rolleyes:

#136031 - 06/09/06 05:14 PM Re: Transformers the Movie
mineralblue Offline

Who the freak is Raven?

The bird was Laserbeak.

The jaguar was Ravage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soundwave

The other Decepticon tapes were Ratbat, Rumble, and Frenzy.

#136032 - 07/09/06 01:57 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
Origami Gangsta Offline

Shit on me, that's right. Laserbeak. He looked like a robot raven though.

Hey, it's been 20 years, eh?

#136033 - 07/09/06 06:43 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
GrayHam Offline

Perhaps Laserbeak, Ravage, etc, could be "virtual" Decepticons? Aggressive attack-files, like viruses, only more dangerous.

Soundwave, as an iPod, could upload the virtual-Decepticons as part of an attack . . .

And Bumblebee was a fucking VW Bug. mad

#136034 - 07/09/06 07:13 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
They could just be CDs with real sharp edges. That way they could jump out of the CD player, transform for travel, then do a flying transform into CD Chinese Star of Death for an attack!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal