Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#138887 - 18/09/07 08:12 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
My girlfriend had debit card fraud perpetrated on her at a Starbucks about a month ago.

She used her debit card for the purchase and didn't tip (do you tip the guy at 7-11 or White Hen?). She does tip sometimes but not every time. Anyway, when she was looking at her statement online it showed that she was charged an extra dollar.

The cunt working the counter overcharged her a tip. I'm no nickle dimer or cheap ass, but this was theft, plain and simple. My G/F went back to complain and they offered to give her a buck, but never a word about disciplining/firing the employee.

I told her to find the manager of that store's manager and let him/her in on the scam, but maybe that's because I can't fucking stand how the cashiers at Starbucks insist on being called "barristas". They're fucking cashiers. The only difference between them and the people busting their balls at McDonalds is the logo on the visor......and apparently their parent company's tolerance for theft.

My second suggestion was to find out what car was hers so I could gouge a key scratch in her ride that would negate not only my girlfriend's stolen dollar, but hopefully every other dollar she's stolen.

Fortunately, she didn't want me turning into a 13 year old and talked me off the ledge. It just burns me up to think that some cunt is making all kinds of money off of stealing a buck at a time.

#138888 - 18/09/07 08:29 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm just amazed Madman was able to post without using the word "leftist". That's gotta be some kind of first.

#138889 - 18/09/07 08:33 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Auditor_Kevin:
My girlfriend had debit card fraud perpetrated on her at a Starbucks about a month ago.

She used her debit card for the purchase and didn't tip (do you tip the guy at 7-11 or White Hen?). She does tip sometimes but not every time. Anyway, when she was looking at her statement online it showed that she was charged an extra dollar.

The cunt working the counter overcharged her a tip. I'm no nickle dimer or cheap ass, but this was theft, plain and simple. My G/F went back to complain and they offered to give her a buck, but never a word about disciplining/firing the employee.

I told her to find the manager of that store's manager and let him/her in on the scam, but maybe that's because I can't fucking stand how the cashiers at Starbucks insist on being called "barristas". They're fucking cashiers. The only difference between them and the people busting their balls at McDonalds is the logo on the visor......and apparently their parent company's tolerance for theft.

My second suggestion was to find out what car was hers so I could gouge a key scratch in her ride that would negate not only my girlfriend's stolen dollar, but hopefully every other dollar she's stolen.

Fortunately, she didn't want me turning into a 13 year old and talked me off the ledge. It just burns me up to think that some cunt is making all kinds of money off of stealing a buck at a time.
I don't mean to pop your bubble or anything, but how would the cunt tip herself out of the register using a multiple overage of credit charges?

#138890 - 18/09/07 08:36 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:

I'm just amazed Madman was able to post without using the word "leftist". That's gotta be some kind of first.
I'm amazed at your low class and childishness.

Maybe you should be amazed that in our future encounters I don't wind up singling out your mother as some hajib or burka wearing Fai'sha.

#138891 - 18/09/07 08:41 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
OMG!!!

All posts contained within this thread may or may not contain certain content, opinions, harsh language and/or sexual humor that MAY be interpreted by those without a sense of humor, to be objectionable. This is recommended for mature readers.... meaning folks that can take a joke.

[Finger] [Finger]
I hope you're not referring to me, pendejo. I thought "Vietnamese-run Fuk Yu G.I. Donut House" was a nice addition to your otherwise bland cut-and-paste bullshit thread. I'm laughing, anyway. Madman's not laughing, but then no one's blown their own brains out on video, so why would he.

#138892 - 18/09/07 08:48 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:

[b]I'm just amazed Madman was able to post without using the word "leftist". That's gotta be some kind of first.
I'm amazed at your low class and childishness.

Maybe you should be amazed that in our future encounters I don't wind up singling out your mother as some hajib or burka wearing Fai'sha.[/b]
Well, he did mention Islam, make fun of my race and use his little limited Arabic vocabulary thingy he does to make himself seem educated. That train's never late.

#138893 - 18/09/07 08:50 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
The truth about Starbucks.....
meh... This guy puts it a little better.

the kid from brooklyn telling us how it is

#138894 - 18/09/07 08:51 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:

Madman's not laughing, but then no one's blown their own brains out on video, so why would he.
Why should I be laughing asshole.

Just because you don't like me, you think that gives you license to make unprovoked attacks on my mother.

You're a very childish low-life Shahram.

Also, grow the fuck up. You're still whining and complaining about that video with the Mexican killing himself. You're an asshole.

The Mexican in that video shot a cop and you feel sorry for him.

#138895 - 18/09/07 09:07 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Look out, imaginary foes of freedom! Madman's on the war path tonight!

Question now, is...is he gonna kick some ass in World of Warcraft, or bash some Muslims on Free Republic?

#138896 - 19/09/07 06:35 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Quote:
[QB]I don't mean to pop your bubble or anything, but how would the lady tip herself out of the register using a multiple overage of credit charges?[QB]
The "barrista" put the extra dollar into the initial charge for the coffee, under the tip line. Starbucks being the busy place that it is, I guess she just counted on the people she overcharged not noticing it.

#138897 - 19/09/07 07:54 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

If it wasnt so early I would say you all need a beer.... and some Pamprin! [Smoking]

#138898 - 19/09/07 08:35 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

No, really....what are these 6 kinds of pussy cancer?

#138899 - 19/09/07 08:38 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
The "barrista" put the extra dollar into the initial charge for the coffee, under the tip line. Starbucks being the busy place that it is, I guess she just counted on the people she overcharged not noticing it.
Ummmm.....no. She didn't. Unless there's some regional thing I'm not aware of, there's no "tip line" on the transaction records out of the register at a Starbucks. Starbucks is a "QSR" (Quick Service Retailer), and as such aren't given gratuity addendums for their transactions by Visa or Mastercard.

#138900 - 19/09/07 08:50 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

They may be using a different merchant bank in different parts of the country. Starbucks is a franchise with independent owners, right? That banking relationship would likely be at the owner level and may be configured differently.

#138901 - 19/09/07 09:00 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
They may be using a different merchant bank in different parts of the country. Starbucks is a franchise with independent owners, right? That banking relationship would likely be at the owner level and may be configured differently.
I'm not an expert, but I think SIC/MCC Codes are industry-wide, national for Visa and international for Mastercard. Regardless of independent ownership, franchises are models of consistency, and I'm positive that the type of transaction codes used would be strictly stipulated by Starbucks, considering the variations in fees paid out for interchange transactions.

#138902 - 19/09/07 09:05 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]They may be using a different merchant bank in different parts of the country. Starbucks is a franchise with independent owners, right? That banking relationship would likely be at the owner level and may be configured differently.
I'm not an expert, but I think SIC/MCC Codes are industry-wide, national for Visa and international for Mastercard. Regardless of independent ownership, franchises are models of consistency, and I'm positive that the type of transaction codes used would be strictly stipulated by Starbucks, considering the variations in fees paid out for interchange transactions.[/b]
What the fuck does that have to do with Desert_Rat getting pussy cancer from coffee?

#138903 - 19/09/07 09:07 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Auditor_Kevin Offline

I didn't realize this would get caught up in the minutia. I'll ask my girlfriend the next time I talk to her and will report back to everyone on how exactly she got the dollar stolen from her.

I hope you aren't questioning the fact that it even happened, cuz you're barking up the wrong tree if that's the case.

#138904 - 19/09/07 09:25 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I didn't realize this would get caught up in the minutia. I'll ask my girlfriend the next time I talk to her and will report back to everyone on how exactly she got the dollar stolen from her.
Good idea. While you're at it, ask her to learn how to fucking count.

Quote:
I hope you aren't questioning the fact that it even happened, cuz you're barking up the wrong tree if that's the case.
C'mon now. Why would I question the fact that it happened?

Oh yeah, because the premise upon which it's based is BULLSHIT. And your girlfriend can't count.

#138905 - 19/09/07 09:36 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:
[QBWhat the fuck does that have to do with Desert_Rat getting pussy cancer from coffee?[/QB]
Dude, stay with us. It will all tie in together at the end, Mastercard will issue a public apology to Kevin's arithmodisabled special lady, Madmom's pussy cancer will miraculously go into remission, and Kevin Spacey's true identity will be revealed.

...And like that, he was gone.

#138906 - 19/09/07 09:37 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]They may be using a different merchant bank in different parts of the country. Starbucks is a franchise with independent owners, right? That banking relationship would likely be at the owner level and may be configured differently.
I'm not an expert, but I think SIC/MCC Codes are industry-wide, national for Visa and international for Mastercard. Regardless of independent ownership, franchises are models of consistency, and I'm positive that the type of transaction codes used would be strictly stipulated by Starbucks, considering the variations in fees paid out for interchange transactions.[/b]
What the fuck does that have to do with Desert_Rat getting pussy cancer from coffee?[/b]
Didn't you read before? I don't drink coffee, and my pussy remains cancer free, thanks very much.

Now excuse me while I go diddle myself.

#138907 - 19/09/07 11:49 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]The "barrista" put the extra dollar into the initial charge for the coffee, under the tip line. Starbucks being the busy place that it is, I guess she just counted on the people she overcharged not noticing it.
Ummmm.....no. She didn't. Unless there's some regional thing I'm not aware of, there's no "tip line" on the transaction records out of the register at a Starbucks. Starbucks is a "QSR" (Quick Service Retailer), and as such aren't given gratuity addendums for their transactions by Visa or Mastercard.[/b]
I asked my girlfriend and she said pretty much what I already said:

The receipt that printed out that she kept was for $2.83. She didn't write anything in the tip line and just signed it. Then, when she was looking at her account online she saw that the debit went through for $3.83, exactly a dollar more.

This was in Florida at one of those Starbucks thats inside a hotel. She orders this coffee all the time and knows exactly what it costs.

And regardless of what technical mumbo jumbo you throw out there, her reciept was for a dollar less than what she was actually charged.

The "barrista" tipped herself a dollar. It's as simple as that.

#138908 - 19/09/07 12:07 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
No. It's not.

#138909 - 19/09/07 12:16 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Auditor_Kevin Offline

You're saying that there's no way to tip a "barrista" with a debit card? That certainly flies in the face of every other tip-based debit transaction I've ever encountered.

Even if there wasn't, there's no work around that a dilligent employee could figure out??

You can argue the minutia of how it happened, but you can't argue the fact that it did. Her statement showed a line item for a buck more than the actual transaction.

#138910 - 19/09/07 12:22 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
great pyr-hauler Offline

Loc: Illinois
Will someone post a video of a mexican blowing his brains out so that Shahram will go away again? :p

#138911 - 19/09/07 12:35 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I asked my girlfriend and she said pretty much what I already said:

The receipt that printed out that she kept was for $2.83. She didn't write anything in the tip line and just signed it. Then, when she was looking at her account online she saw that the debit went through for $3.83, exactly a dollar more.
Even a hotel or restaurant, which Starbucks is classified as neither, the maximum charge allowed by Visa or Mastercard for a gratuity addendum is 25%. At $2.83, a $1.00 gratuity is more than 35% of the initial charge.

Quote:
This was in Florida at one of those Starbucks thats inside a hotel. She orders this coffee all the time and knows exactly what it costs.
So, lemme get this straight. The heist occurred not in a retail store, but in a hotel, which merely serves Starbucks coffee? And the scamming cunt who robbed your special lady in broad daylight worked for the hotel, and not Starbucks?

Quote:
And regardless of what technical mumbo jumbo you throw out there, her reciept was for a dollar less than what she was actually charged.

It's not technical mumbo-jumbo, they're called "facts". In conjunction with questions, they can be a mighty powerful tool.

What your special lady friend probably experienced was an additional debit charge, and that is imposed by her bank, not the retailer. But that would require her to use a PIN instead of a signature, but you're right, why let technical mumbo-jumbo get in the way of perfectly good outrage?

Does your girlfriend get mad at the weather guy when it rains?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal