Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#138962 - 21/09/07 01:30 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
and by the way i only ever use a debit card and have never had to enter a pin....actually the card doesnt even work if the cashier runs it as a debit they always have to do it as credit
Thus making it a credit transaction....

Quote:
It's a debit card with some credit card features - that's all. It's tied directly to your checking account because you aren't buying things on CREDIT, you're buying things with the equivalent of an electronic check...a.k.a. a debit card.

If the card came with your checking account, it's a debit card, not a credit card...case closed.

ETA: And, to further prove my point - have you ever paid an interest charge on this "credit card?" I'd say "no."
precisely what i have been trying to say...at what point did I say it IS...a credit card?? never not nada...I believe I said it is a debit card

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by RiverPig:
In what way am I confused I have a debit card it even says debit on it for all the non-believers.....it only works when run as a credit card and the money comes out of my checking account...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I'm going to type this very slowly for you.

A debit transaction (which you state you do when you swipe your card and it runs as a credit transaction, so no PIN needed) R E Q U I R E S that the cardholder/purchaser enter a PIN for the transaction.

A credit transaction functions similar to a debit transaction, except in place of the PIN a signature is required (and can be waived for smaller amounts it depends on how the merchant has set up their transactions).

A debit card (which you actually have) can usually process both debit transactions and credit transactions.

Do you see how you're confusing things yet?

Just to keep with the trend:
Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit!
Quote:
no because that is what i have been trying to say i never said it is a credit card i said it is a debit card that runs through only as a credit card transaction see above. Furher meaning you are at the register you scan your card two buttons light up one says debit one says credit....i hit the credit button and sign my receipt because i dont like entering my god damn pin number......If i choose to hit the debit button it rejects my card ....i use this thing 10 times a day never carry cash i think i know how the fucking thing works.

#138963 - 21/09/07 01:34 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

In addition....yes some places do print your number on your receipt...some print it only on the store copy but some do it on both the store and customer

#138964 - 21/09/07 01:38 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like turtles too.

#138965 - 21/09/07 02:08 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
In addition....yes some places do print your number on your receipt...some print it only on the store copy but some do it on both the store and customer
Which is VERY illegal. Someone should let them know of the law, because obviously they haven't been clued in (even though both Visa and Mastercard have for quite a while been telling their merchants this).
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#138966 - 21/09/07 02:13 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
I like turtles too.
I feel this is a very important decision in your life.... maybe a turning point even.

But since I like Rabbits we could be at odds. cool

#138967 - 21/09/07 04:01 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
and by the way i only ever use a debit card and have never had to enter a pin....actually the card doesnt even work if the cashier runs it as a debit they always have to do it as credit
Thus making it a credit transaction....

Quote:
It's a debit card with some credit card features - that's all. It's tied directly to your checking account because you aren't buying things on CREDIT, you're buying things with the equivalent of an electronic check...a.k.a. a debit card.

If the card came with your checking account, it's a debit card, not a credit card...case closed.

ETA: And, to further prove my point - have you ever paid an interest charge on this "credit card?" I'd say "no."
precisely what i have been trying to say...at what point did I say it IS...a credit card?? never not nada...I believe I said it is a debit card

Quote:
In what way am I confused I have a debit card it even says debit on it for all the non-believers.....it only works when run as a credit card and the money comes out of my checking account...

Ok, I'm going to type this very slowly for you.

A debit transaction (which you state you do when you swipe your card and it runs as a credit transaction, so no PIN needed) R E Q U I R E S that the cardholder/purchaser enter a PIN for the transaction.

A credit transaction functions similar to a debit transaction, except in place of the PIN a signature is required (and can be waived for smaller amounts it depends on how the merchant has set up their transactions).

A debit card (which you actually have) can usually process both debit transactions and credit transactions.

Just to keep with the trend:
Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit!
Quote:
no because that is what i have been trying to say i never said it is a credit card i said it is a debit card that runs through only as a credit card transaction see above. Furher meaning you are at the register you scan your card two buttons light up one says debit one says credit....i hit the credit button and sign my receipt because i dont like entering my god damn pin number......If i choose to hit the debit button it rejects my card ....i use this thing 10 times a day never carry cash i think i know how the fucking thing works.
No, you've been saying it's a debit transaction when it's being run as a credit transaction...key word in all this mess....wait for it....wait for it....

TRANSACTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#138968 - 21/09/07 07:30 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
[b]In addition....yes some places do print your number on your receipt...some print it only on the store copy but some do it on both the store and customer
Which is VERY illegal. Someone should let them know of the law, because obviously they haven't been clued in (even though both Visa and Mastercard have for quite a while been telling their merchants this).[/b]
Yep. totally illegal to print out the whole number on a receipt; neither the store copy nor the customer copy is legally allowed to have it on there. You can have a the last 4 digits, but that's it.

What store location was that again that's printing out the whole thing? I'm in need of a quick buck... That'd be an easy-win lawsuit...

wink

#138969 - 22/09/07 07:03 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
[b]
Quote:
[b]In addition....yes some places do print your number on your receipt...some print it only on the store copy but some do it on both the store and customer
Which is VERY illegal. Someone should let them know of the law, because obviously they haven't been clued in (even though both Visa and Mastercard have for quite a while been telling their merchants this).[/b]
Yep. totally illegal to print out the whole number on a receipt; neither the store copy nor the customer copy is legally allowed to have it on there. You can have a the last 4 digits, but that's it.

What store location was that again that's printing out the whole thing? I'm in need of a quick buck... That'd be an easy-win lawsuit...

wink [/b]
While TDY in Germany, I found that the whole number is printed on the receipt everywhere I went; fortunately, a cashier made me aware of it.

#138970 - 22/09/07 08:09 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Jesus you guys are still [Argue] over a freakin debit card.

Wow an xoc low if I may say so myself.

#138971 - 22/09/07 08:13 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like Chicken. laugh

#138972 - 22/09/07 08:16 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's raining in AZ, I'm going to the mountains, and droppin' into 4Lo. Buh-bye [Wave] .

#138973 - 22/09/07 08:23 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
It's raining in AZ, I'm going to the mountains, and droppin' into 4Lo. Buh-bye [Wave] .
Take pictures.

#138974 - 22/09/07 09:45 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Wait for me WooHoo! laugh wink laugh

#138975 - 22/09/07 06:27 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
I like Chicken. laugh
I like liver, meow mix meow mix Please deliver, Meow, meow, meow!

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal