2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 8 of 26 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#139151 - 07/02/08 11:09 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Well...

[b]Romney's out.
He is "suspending" his campaign.[/b]
I had a feeling this would happen sometime this week. frown

Hopefully Huckabee will go ahead and follow suit asap! There's no reason for him to continue either.. How I wish there was a silver lining in this situation...

#139152 - 07/02/08 11:18 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
Ron Paul is the silver lining!!!!! :p

#139153 - 07/02/08 11:22 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by BluMerle:

Hopefully Huckabee will go ahead and follow suit asap! There's no reason for him to continue either.. How I wish there was a silver lining in this situation...
The Huckster might stick it out for a few more primary elections, but he will also bow out in the very near future. McCain doesn't need him anymore, so Huck is now irrelevant.

The sad thing is McCain can't win in November. He won't win.

The silver lining is do what you can to make sure conservative Republicans are elected to Congress.

#139154 - 07/02/08 11:36 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:
Ron Paul is the silver lining!!!!! :p
I honestly admire your convictions there Liz. [ThumbsUp]

You know Madman you make a great point.. there's always Congressional elections! Thanks! laugh

#139155 - 07/02/08 11:59 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

So does anyone else find it amusing that Hillary seems to be getting most of the hispanic voted because "Hispanics don't like blacks"

#139156 - 07/02/08 12:15 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
The sad thing is McCain can't win in November. He won't win.
I wouldn't take that bet. As long as he doesn't do something stupid like pick Huckabee as a running mate, I think he'd beat Hillary in a landslide. Obama, maybe not so easily, but I still think he'd win.

This is assuming he doesn't do some sort of massive sticking his foot in his mouth between now and then.

#139157 - 07/02/08 12:44 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Has there ever been an election with such uninspiring candidates?

I mean seriously...we've had laughable (Dukakis, anyone?)...but usually it's only been on one side or the other.

This time...BOTH are lacking.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#139158 - 07/02/08 12:51 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:

Quote:
[b] The sad thing is McCain can't win in November. He won't win.
I wouldn't take that bet. As long as he doesn't do something stupid like pick Huckabee as a running mate, I think he'd beat Hillary in a landslide. Obama, maybe not so easily, but I still think he'd win.

This is assuming he doesn't do some sort of massive sticking his foot in his mouth between now and then.[/b]
We are talking about Juan McCain here. He will always do or say something stupid. His constant quest to feed his overwhelming narcissistic impulses guarantees that with certainty.

He is also an extremely thin skinned man who can't take criticism well at all. Wait until the Democrats, and the Clintons start up on him.

Let's also not forget that his friends in the media who protect him when he is fucking over his own party and his own country will not run cover for him in a presidential race against a Democrat. They will revert to their default position of running cover for the Democrat and kick McCain to the curb.

He's such an extremely flawed candidate on so many levels, I am absolutely confident that he cannot win in November.

Even if he picks a very good VP candidate, it would take something bad or nasty to come out about the Democrat candidate for McCain to win. I doubt that is going to happen because the Democrats have so many years of McCain's past to use against him in their campaign.

Forget your illusions about a landslide. He's not even getting the Republican nomination with support from the conservative Republican base. Most of these primaries, anyone can vote.

"Let me give you some 'Straight Talk' my friend..."

In November the conservatives that McCain has actively worked to fuck over for many years on end will not vote for him under any circumstances. No Republican candidate for president can win the election without these people. Even if the Democrat opponent is Hillary.

#139159 - 07/02/08 01:41 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
great pyr-hauler Offline

Loc: Illinois
No way can McCain win. It'll be a bigger blowout then when Dole ran.

#139160 - 07/02/08 01:48 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

To some other Republican voters out there who think that McCain is even remotely capable of telling the truth on any issue.... check out the roll call vote regarding this so-called "Stimulus Package".

The Democrats (and a few Republicans) in the Senate wanted to load up the bill with another $45 billion dollars worth of pork and handouts on top of the about $160 billion in pork and handouts that made it through the House.

Only one Senator failed to vote. Guess who?

He didn't want to have to explain or defend his vote either way. Not while he is lying to conservatives and a vote the wrong way would make him look bad to his liberal friends.

A real principled guy.

#139161 - 07/02/08 03:23 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Has there ever been an election with such uninspiring candidates?
I'm more inspired by Obama than I EVER was for Kerry.

#139162 - 07/02/08 05:06 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
I'm more inspired by Obama than I EVER was for Kerry.
I guess after a steady diet of dried up old white feces, a nice fresh, brown turd is something to be savored.

#139163 - 07/02/08 05:12 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
[b]Has there ever been an election with such uninspiring candidates?
I'm more inspired by Obama than I EVER was for Kerry.[/b]
Honest question here, WilMac...what does Obaama stand for? And if you say "Change" and leave it at that, you're not even close to as smart as I give you credit for. All I hear from him is "Change" but change how? Change what? Change for the good? Change for the sake of change? Or are we talking $0.58 here?

#139164 - 07/02/08 05:36 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
Or are we talking $0.58 here?
TREE FITTY!
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#139165 - 07/02/08 05:56 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Yeah Wilmac....

What exactly is so inspiring about Obama? All he does is give speeches where he talks about change, yet NEVER gives any specifics about what types of changes he will make or how he will go about said change. He talks in platitudes. He talks dreams and rainbows and fairy tales.

The few times he has even been forced to give specific details on policy matters (specifically foreign policy) he proved himself utterly naive almost to the point of being unfit for command.

He's been described by at least one Democrat as clean and articulate. Is that all it takes to inspire Democrats? Be clean and articulate and talk dreams, fairy tales, and rainbows?

Is that black dude from the LA Times who called him the "Magic Negro" correct? He said a candidate like Obama can absolve guilty white liberals of their liberal white guilt.

Hispanics and Asians aren't voting for him, so there probably has to be some of the white guilt factor with liberals that black author Shelby Steele has also written about.

In reality Obama would be a bigger disaster for this country than Hillary Clinton.

The presidency is not a starter job.

Obama knows the mentality of his audience though. That's why he borrows slogans from children's shows.

#139166 - 07/02/08 07:04 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
You know, you all bitch at me for supporting Paul, but at least he has a plan and has ideas and is consistent! Give the man some credit!

#139167 - 07/02/08 07:12 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:
Yeah Wilmac....

What exactly is so inspiring about Obama?
He's not George Bush.

#139168 - 07/02/08 07:13 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
You know, you all bitch at me for supporting Paul, but at least he has a plan and has ideas and is consistent! Give the man some credit!
Darlin' we've given Paul credit for voicing his plan and ideas and for them remaining constant. It's the plans and ideas themselves that we won't give him credit for.

#139169 - 07/02/08 08:02 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

I've given Ron Paul some credit. He has some ideas that are correct.

On the other hand he has many ideas that are completely incorrect. He has some ideas that are completely crazed. He has some ideas that would literally destroy the country. That's destroy, literally, not rhetorically.

Ron Paul is also an enormous kook. He is a crackpot.

If you took some of his good ideas and threw away all his completely kooky and crazy ideas, removed his other ideas that were just thrown in to mask veiled racism and crazy conspiracy theories, and maybe put them into another man, you might have a candidate who could generate more than 4% of the votes in one single political party.

Ron Paul was a fringe candidate who appealed to a small fringe element of society with his combined mish mash of some far left wing rhetoric, some far right wing rhetoric and a selective nit picked dose of libertarianism thrown into the mix. It was a new brand of fringe populism.

The Ron Paul revolution was dead before it got started. Ron Paul himself made it virtually impossible for him to be taken seriously.

Maybe he should have adopted a slogan from a children's show too. I don't know what the slogan from "Thomas the Tank Engine" is, but he should have checked to see if it was available. wink

#139170 - 07/02/08 08:31 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
He has some ideas that would literally destroy the country. That's destroy, literally, not rhetorically.
Are Ron Paul's ideas made of giant asteroids or something?

Or have you literally, not rhetorically, become Chicken Little?

"Destroy the country"? Not a fear-monger, huh?

#139171 - 07/02/08 09:16 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:

Are Ron Paul's ideas made of giant asteroids or something?

Or have you literally, not rhetorically, become Chicken Little?

"Destroy the country"? Not a fear-monger, huh?
I guess you could say his ideas are made of asteroid size piles of shit.

Yeah, if a lot of them were implemented, it would destroy the country. It would without a doubt rapidly increase the ability of another country to destroy us both economically and with outright attacks.

I have a feeling you are a closet Ron Paul supporter, but I don't think even you are so stupid as to advocate things like abolishing the CIA, the NSA, and God knows what other of our national intelligence apparatus.

He advocates destroying the economy by eliminating the Federal Reserve system and his kooky crackpot idea of going to a gold standard. Has Ron Paul ever read a friggin book or talked to any economists? Do all his ideas come from wacky Texas militia groups who think the Federal Reserve was a Jewish banker conspiracy.

Ron Paul's road would be a path to destruction. The country can't crawl into an a little isolationist ball and pretend the rest of the world doesn't exist. Maybe in Ron Paul's world he can pretend that it isn't a dangerous world and no other countries or organizations have their agendas and ulterior motives.

For a politician who thinks he can play on the world stage as a leader of a superpower, he is completely oblivious to the realpolitik or any reality related to geopolitics.

Ron Paul was a fringe candidate who posed absolutely no threat because other than a tiny fringe of people, no one took him seriously.

#139172 - 07/02/08 09:34 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's multiple reasons I'm for Obama, moreso than Kerry.

1)Kerry was a flip flopper. Let's just be honest here.

2) Kerry was a career politician, and had been entrenched in DC politics for years.

3) Kerry was still better than Bush.

4) Obama can actually speak, and his delivery in his speeches inspires, even if he's not saying anything solid. Let's compare him to Mumble Mouth Jones that we've been stuck with for the last eight years.

5) He's actually been against the Iraq war from the beginning.

6) Hillary keeps saying that she's going to push through socialized medicine, yet she's taken more money from the insurance and pharmaceutical companies than any other senator.

7) I WOULD support McCain, except for two things: a) he sold his soul when he campaigned for the man who stabbed him in the back. I can't forgive him for that and b) he's a warhawk.

8) Like was said in the Democrat debate the other night. In every election I've been able to vote in, I've either had to choose a Bush or a Clinton. I'm tired of it.

9) Bill signed NAFTA, which destroyed our economy and sent our jobs south. He also signed the Telecom Act of 1996, which has allowed Rupert Murdoch to own more than his fair share of media outlets, but beyond that it has allowed the rise of Clear Channel and other radio conglomerates, basically killing radio. With Hillary, we get him again. Don't kid yourself. It'll be a dual Presidency.

10) Republicans would love nothing more than to have a Clinton in the White House again so they have someone to blame for all the wrong in the world. When Anne Coulter and Rush Limbaugh both say they'd support Hillary over McCain, that's not a dis against McCain, it's them hoping to get another shot at the Clinton's.

11) With a Hillary nomination, the Republicans stand a chance. With an Obama nomination, they should just pack it in now.

Truth be told, Kerry was never that all inspiring. When I say that I'm more impressed by Obama, that's not saying much. But anyone is better than what we've dealt with the last eight years.

#139173 - 08/02/08 06:30 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
Quote:
[b]You know, you all bitch at me for supporting Paul, but at least he has a plan and has ideas and is consistent! Give the man some credit!
Darlin' we've given Paul credit for voicing his plan and ideas and for them remaining constant. It's the plans and ideas themselves that we won't give him credit for.[/b]
My thoughts exactly... and for the record I commended your loyalty. [ThumbsUp]

Here's what I understand about Obama at this point (could be totally wrong)...

1. Supports closing our borders
2. Supports hypodermic needle exchange
3. Does not support socialized health care
4. Is not considered a candidate with "experience"
5. Does not support the war and never has

As most of y'all know, I've been following the GOP side of the coin so I'm not very aware of the DEMS platforms. If my above understandings are incorrect, now you know why. laugh

#139174 - 08/02/08 09:21 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
There's multiple reasons I'm for Obama, moreso than Kerry.

1)Kerry was a flip flopper. Let's just be honest here.

2) Kerry was a career politician, and had been entrenched in DC politics for years.

3) Kerry was still better than Bush.

4) Obama can actually speak, and his delivery in his speeches inspires, even if he's not saying anything solid. Let's compare him to Mumble Mouth Jones that we've been stuck with for the last eight years.

5) He's actually been against the Iraq war from the beginning.

6) Hillary keeps saying that she's going to push through socialized medicine, yet she's taken more money from the insurance and pharmaceutical companies than any other senator.

7) I WOULD support McCain, except for two things: a) he sold his soul when he campaigned for the man who stabbed him in the back. I can't forgive him for that and b) he's a warhawk.

8) Like was said in the Democrat debate the other night. In every election I've been able to vote in, I've either had to choose a Bush or a Clinton. I'm tired of it.

9) Bill signed NAFTA, which destroyed our economy and sent our jobs south. He also signed the Telecom Act of 1996, which has allowed Rupert Murdoch to own more than his fair share of media outlets, but beyond that it has allowed the rise of Clear Channel and other radio conglomerates, basically killing radio. With Hillary, we get him again. Don't kid yourself. It'll be a dual Presidency.

10) Republicans would love nothing more than to have a Clinton in the White House again so they have someone to blame for all the wrong in the world. When Anne Coulter and Rush Limbaugh both say they'd support Hillary over McCain, that's not a dis against McCain, it's them hoping to get another shot at the Clinton's.

11) With a Hillary nomination, the Republicans stand a chance. With an Obama nomination, they should just pack it in now.

Truth be told, Kerry was never that all inspiring. When I say that I'm more impressed by Obama, that's not saying much. But anyone is better than what we've dealt with the last eight years.
You've gone into detail in what's wrong with the other democratic candidates past and present. I agree with most of what you're saying, but you still haven't given anything concrete on what Obama is about. It's because you can't. It's because Obama hasn't.

He has the support of young people because most young people still think in terms of ideals rather than reality. It sounds good to bring hope and change, but in reality, what is he going to DO that brings this hope and change?

He's the most empty candidate I've seen.

#139175 - 08/02/08 11:39 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BluMerle:

Here's what I understand about Obama at this point (could be totally wrong)...

1. Supports closing our borders
2. Supports hypodermic needle exchange
3. Does not support socialized health care
4. Is not considered a candidate with "experience"
5. Does not support the war and never has

As most of y'all know, I've been following the GOP side of the coin so I'm not very aware of the DEMS platforms. If my above understandings are incorrect, now you know why. laugh
There is no reason to believe Obama supports closing the border. He just spent a lot of time in California prior to the primary pandering to Hispanics promising amnesty and drivers licenses for illegals.

Does that sound like a guy who will seal the border? Of course not. No Democrat will seal the border. Democrats want amnesty. The same with McCain regardless of any bullshit that may be coming out of his constantly lying piehole.

Obama will also go along with any Democrat socialized healthcare plan that Congressional Democrats come up with if is ever elected. Don't kid yourself.

Obama is further left than Hillary Clinton. He is just being allowed to hide it.

The National Journal ranked Obama as the No. 1 most liberal senator in 2007 according to his record. Hillary wasn't even within a few digits. Obama is even more liberal than the avowed socialist senator, Bernie Sanders.

Think about that.

Page 8 of 26 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25 26 >

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal