Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 190 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#143884 - 19/05/03 12:21 PM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by electrobuzz:

The "Immaculate Conception" refers the conception of Mary, not Jesus'. True dat, on the rest.

But what's with the weak whining over the Catholic jokes and commentary? You almost sound like a crying deviant liberal. Very unMadman like of you.
You are wrong. The Immaculate Conception is the conception of Christ. It is a holy day of obligation celebrated on December, 8. Check it out.

I'm not whining. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy. The idiots who are fast as lightning to insult Catholicism are too cowardly or too PC brainwashed to insult Islam. Most actually jump to defend it. Probably out of fear of being perceived as a bigot. After all... must be tolerant. Even of those who want to kill you. If you are white you can only hate your own kind. Only white western Christian males and their religion are evil. Everything else is relative....

#143885 - 19/05/03 01:00 PM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
electrobuzz Offline

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:

The "Immaculate Conception" refers the conception of Mary, not Jesus'. True dat, on the rest.

But what's with the weak whining over the Catholic jokes and commentary? You almost sound like a crying deviant liberal. Very unMadman like of you.
You are wrong. The Immaculate Conception is the conception of Christ. It is a holy day of obligation celebrated on December, 8. Check it out.

I'm not whining. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy. The idiots who are fast as lightning to insult Catholicism are too cowardly or too PC brainwashed to insult Islam. Most actually jump to defend it. Probably out of fear of being perceived as a bigot. After all... must be tolerant. Even of those who want to kill you. If you are white you can only hate your own kind. Only white western Christian males and their religion are evil. Everything else is relative....
I'll take Catholic Doctrine for $1600, Alex.

December 8: There\'s something about Mary.

They are joking about Catholicism. With info rooted in some truth. That's what makes it funny. And fuck the rest of them if they can't take a joke about a three-toothed Romanian lesbian Muslim with herpes. Or something like that.

#143886 - 19/05/03 01:00 PM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Um, no. Immaculate Conception is the conception of Mary.

Catholic Answers
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#143887 - 19/05/03 01:25 PM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Interesting. It's been a long time since Catholic School. You guys are right. I had forgotten and all these years had thought that December,8 was the Immaculate Conception of Christ.

I'll add that to my long list the next time in confession.

#143888 - 19/05/03 01:29 PM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Quote:

Interesting. It's been a long time since Catholic School. You guys are right. I had forgotten and all these years had thought that December,8 was the Immaculate Conception of Christ.
December 8th--conception.

December 25th--birth.

That's either one long-ass gestation period (what was Mary doing . . . clenching?), or Christ, He was in a hurry!

#143889 - 19/05/03 01:33 PM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
Mobycat Offline

Quote:

Damnit! I'm slow today.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#143890 - 19/05/03 01:33 PM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:

December 8th--conception.

December 25th--birth.

That's either one long-ass gestation period (what was Mary doing . . . clenching?), or Christ, He was in a hurry![/b]
Yeah, even if he was born in March, which I believe is when he really was born.

#143891 - 19/05/03 02:29 PM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:

What's the death toll this year alone from Catholics strapping on bomb belts? What's the death toll this year from Catholics driving truckloads of explosives and blowing them up? What's the death toll this past week alone? Or how about today?
The death toll in Africa from AIDS alone is one every 14 seconds. What's the Catholic church done for Africa besides telling them to abstain? At least the U.S. is putting up $15 Billion to help. What's the Catholic church done in response to the Palestinian & Israeli conflict? By the way, not everyone wants to be assimulated into the Catholic religion, there are many other cultures/religions in this world which don't tell their followers that they were born with sin.

Quote:
Stop being cowards and criticizing the Pope because he's an easy target and it's accepted by your cowardly rules of political correctness to insult a white Christian leader. Direct your bullshit against those who actually preach and practice hatred and death in the name of religion. There are those who would kill you and your family in the name of religion if they could. The Pope would never advocate harming anyone.
The Pope (at the time) would rather just look the other way when millions of Jews were being killed during WWII by the Nazis. And lets not forget the crusades, how many innocents died during the many battles for Jerusalem in the name of Christianity? Perhapes if you attended a University, you would have learned a little about history.

Quote:
If you are anti-religion then insult them all with equal enthusiasm. At least start with the worst and most dangerous and deadly.[/QB]
You talk as if all these recent attacks carried out in the name of Islam were for no reason. In the case of the Palestinians, they want their land back, plain and simple. The underling principle behind any organized religion is the assimulation of the masses, which results in the acquisition of land, money, and power. Christianity is just more subtle and covert about it, compared to the other organized religions.

Now before that vein in the middle of your forehead starts to pop out, I just want to go on record that I personally am against ALL forms of violence to innocents carried out in the name of God. Any attack be it from Arabs, Jews, Catholics carried out upon innocents, which often include women and children, is a cowardly act of the lowest form, and should be punishable by death.

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#143892 - 19/05/03 04:56 PM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Mary was born without sin. From ewtn.com (the Catholic cable channel): "Mary, 'full of grace,' has been recognized by the Church as "all holy and free from every stain of sin,' 'enriched from the first instant of her conception with the splendour of an entirely unique holiness' (Lumen gentium, n. 56).
Note that Lumen Gentium, N. 56 isn't from the Bible.

The Scriptures never indicate that Mary is divine, rather, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you." (Lk. 1:35) We should note the Bible accurately prophesying that "all generations to come will call" Mary "blessed!" (Lk. 1:48).

She was made pregnant by the Holy Spirit, by God... not by man... she was sinless in how she became the mother of Jesus.
Immaculate Conception - Mary's Sinless Conception and life: Luke 1:28

Luke 1:28 "Full of grace,” in the Greek, "kecharitome" is a perfect passive participle indicating "one (she) who has been perfected in grace,” a past action that is ongoing. See 1 Peter 1, where he speaks of a past action of justification that is ongoing. Our justification in Christ is a past action that is ongoing although it did not start at conception as did Mary's justification by God's special grace, due to her unique role in God's plan of salvation.

This means that her conception was sinless, granted by the Father. Mary wasn't sinless, "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God". She was chosen, not perfect... there's a big difference.

"And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it." [Luke 11:27-28]

Did you see in the above verse how Jesus made of point of not showing any favoritism towards Mary, but rather he pointed people away from her and towards obedience to God.

"And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour." [Luke 1:46-47].

#143893 - 19/05/03 05:00 PM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
Mobycat Offline

Um, Nismo, I was talking about the official view of the Catholic church.

#143894 - 19/05/03 06:11 PM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
The death toll in Africa from AIDS alone is one every 14 seconds. What's the Catholic church done for Africa besides telling them to abstain? At least the U.S. is putting up $15 Billion to help.
While I'm NOT supportive of the church's view that abstinence is the only answer, they ARE doing something. Probably more than most.
CLICK ME

Quote:

What's the Catholic church done in response to the Palestinian & Israeli conflict?
Advocated for a Palestinian state.

Quote:
By the way, not everyone wants to be assimulated into the Catholic religion, there are many other cultures/religions in this world which don't tell their followers that they were born with sin.
Generally speaking, the Catholic church doesn't go door to door trying to convert people.

Quote:
The Pope (at the time) would rather just look the other way when millions of Jews were being killed during WWII by the Nazis. And lets not forget the crusades, how many innocents died during the many battles for Jerusalem in the name of Christianity? Perhapes if you attended a University, you would have learned a little about history.

Indeed, a sad chapter of the church (not including the current problem).

#143895 - 19/05/03 07:34 PM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Um, Nismo, I was talking about the official view of the Catholic church.
Oh, Ok... When I asked, I meant where does it say that in the Bible. smile

#143896 - 19/05/03 07:50 PM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Quote:
[b]Um, Nismo, I was talking about the official view of the Catholic church.
Oh, Ok... When I asked, I meant where does it say that in the Bible. smile [/b]
It does seem to be a bone of contention between the Catholic church and the Orthodox church (and several others, too).

#143897 - 20/05/03 12:38 AM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
Quote:
[QB]
Generally speaking, the Catholic church doesn't go door to door trying to convert people.

QB]
What do you get when you cross a Jehovah's Witness with an Agnostic?

Someone who knocks on your door for no reason at all! [Laughing]

#143898 - 20/05/03 05:02 AM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
Sean Offline

Quote:

While I'm NOT supportive of the church's view that abstinence is the only answer, they ARE doing something. Probably more than most.
Mobycat,

I'm in no means trying to start an argument with you, but that link you posted is from the Catholic Relief Service. I can't find anything stating the Vatican itself is putting up some big coin for the cause.

The Catholic church advocating for a Palestinian state, and actually DOING something about it is two different things. Again, the Catholic church is all talk, and no action.

Quote:
No, the Catholic church doesn't go door to door, it (the church) prefers to get it's tentacles into goverment first.

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#143899 - 20/05/03 05:44 AM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
No, the Catholic church doesn't go door to door, it (the church) prefers to get it's tentacles into goverment first.
Oh come on now, show me an example where the *Catholic* church does that. I'm not talking *christians*, but the actual church itself.

#143900 - 20/05/03 06:33 AM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

I'm in no means trying to start an argument with you, but that link you posted is from the Catholic Relief Service. I can't find anything stating the Vatican itself is putting up some big coin for the cause.

The Catholic church advocating for a Palestinian state, and actually DOING something about it is two different things. Again, the Catholic church is all talk, and no action.
Hey asshole... The Catholic Church cares for 25% of all people on earth who have AIDS.

Name any other religion that does more for its fellow man than the Catholic Church. You will NEVER..EVER see Muslims build a hospital in a non-Muslim country to care for non-Muslims. The only thing they export is death.

Go to hell with your Palestinian bullshit. When this band of terrorists grows up and joins civilization and discards their terrorist culture of death, people with common sense may start to take them seriously.

Why the hell is a Palestinian state the problem of the Catholic Church? Your leftist bullshit knows no bounds. Other Muslims and Arabs don't even want them. Kuwait threw out 300,000 in 1991 after the first Gulf War. Jordon has killed thousands over the years. Lebanon (Syria) keeps about 350,000 in camps with brutal conditions. Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Libya want nothing to do with these people. Arabs only use the Palestinian issue in their quest to destroy Israel. Leftist idiots like you (who are also anti-semites) buy into the whole issue for your own reasons.

But I guess according to you the Catholics are at fault. Maybe the Pope should sell the Vatican and give the money to Yassar Arafat. Would that satisfy you? That way we can have more Jews looking like these from this past weekend.

#143901 - 20/05/03 06:49 AM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
Andre the Giant Offline

Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
People like to bash the Catholic Church because it's a no risk, sitting duck target. Nevermind all the good the church has done, there's always little things like the "Spanish Inquisition" (for you Monty Python fans) and the crusades to give critics ammunition. But unlike radical muslims, the Catholics aren't going to suicide bomb a shopping mall or highjack an airplane full of innocent people and fly it into a building filled with innocent people. No, instead, the Catholic church lobbies for causes it believes in, takes care of the sick, the needy and the poor.

What a horrible group of people!!!

#143902 - 20/05/03 07:34 AM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
Sean Offline

Quote:

Hey asshole... The Catholic Church cares for 25% of all people on earth who have AIDS.
And good morning to you too fuck head. What about the the other 75%, who helps them? I'm sorry, but ANY source you get your info from is biased propaganda, not even worth wiping ones ass with. I love the part:

"Faith-based groups are key to providing treatment and prevention, but they should not be forced to provide condoms if they have a religious objection supposed to."

[LOL]

Quote:
Name any other religion that does more for its fellow man than the Catholic Church. You will NEVER..EVER see Muslims build a hospital in a non-Muslim country to care for non-Muslims. The only thing they export is death.
Are you saying that Jews or Protestants don't help as well?

Quote:
Go to hell with your Palestinian bullshit. When this band of terrorists grows up and joins civilization and discards their terrorist culture of death, people with common sense may start to take them seriously.
And you can go to hell with your propaganda bullshit as well. Until land is returned to the Palestinians, there will be bombings, Sharon will not go along with the peace plan, and he doesn't have to give back land. This in turn gives renewed vigor to the Islamic radicals, and results in more bombings. The circle of death just keeps on going.

Quote:
But I guess according to you the Catholics are at fault. Maybe the Pope should sell the Vatican and give the money to Yassar Arafat. Would that satisfy you?
We're back to "Mad Man's" world, eh? There's your favorite phrase "I guess". Get a fucking clue you nit-wit, who ever said (or even implied) the Palestinian revolt was the fault of the Catholic's?

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#143903 - 20/05/03 07:41 AM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
All religions are about helping others. True Jewish, Islamic, Catholic, and Buddists try to do everything they can to help their fellow man, so do their respective churches.

The problem are the extremists. The nut jobs that go around killing in the name of their "religion". I bet there are alot of murderers, rapists, and PEDOPHILES who claim to be Catholic, just like there are alot of murderers, rapists, and pedophiles who cliam to be Islamic.

The most close minded thing anybody could do is to believe that these sickos represent the faith that they belong to.

KKK members believe that god has chosen them to do his bidding by "cleansing" America. But do you think that the church thinks that these people are a part of their organization? Hell NO. Same with the extremists that crashed planes into our buildings. Any true Muslim believer will tell you that they're going to hell with all of the rest of the murders on the earth.

Xterra101.com

#143904 - 20/05/03 07:53 AM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
Quote:
Originally posted by Andre the Giant:
People like to bash the Catholic Church because it's a no risk, sitting duck target. Nevermind all the good the church has done, there's always little things like the "Spanish Inquisition" (for you Monty Python fans) and the crusades to give critics ammunition. But unlike radical muslims, the Catholics aren't going to suicide bomb a shopping mall or highjack an airplane full of innocent people and fly it into a building filled with innocent people. No, instead, the Catholic church lobbies for causes it believes in, takes care of the sick, the needy and the poor.
Your comparing radicals to a legitimate religion.

Just flip it around. "But unlike radical Catholics, the Muslims are't going to be persecuting people solely by the color of their skin".

Xterra101.com

#143905 - 20/05/03 07:57 AM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

What about the the other 75%, who helps them?
Who cares who helps them? You're the one who brought up AIDS in this thread. The Catholic Church does enough. More than anyone else or any government for that matter. Also they are certainly not the responsiblity of the American taxpayers either. How about them helping themselves? How about their own people helping them?

Regarding the Palestinian issue... you are totally clueless. You have no concept of these people or the history of the whole issue. The only thing that influences your opinions and ideas is your hatred for the Jews and Israel.

#143906 - 20/05/03 08:06 AM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
Sean Offline

Quote:

Who cares who helps them? You're the one who brought up AIDS in this thread. The Catholic Church does enough. More than anyone else or any government for that matter. Also they are certainly not the responsiblity of the American taxpayers either. How about them helping themselves? How about their own people helping them?
You're just another self-centered selfish American prick. It's people like you the Arab world hates.

Quote:
Regarding the Palestinian issue... you are totally clueless. You have no concept of these people or the history of the whole issue. The only thing that influences your opinions and ideas is your hatred for the Jews and Israel.[/QB]
No, it is you who is clueless here. Land was taken from Palestinians starting in 1945, and continues today with the establishment of new Jewish settlements. I have no hatered to Jews, or to Israel, just the radicals in power over there.

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#143907 - 20/05/03 08:32 AM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
Kirby Offline

Loc: Central FLorida
Quote:
Originally posted by Kerensky97:
[QB]
Quote:
Originally posted by Andre the Giant:
Your comparing radicals to a legitimate religion.

Just flip it around. "But unlike radical Catholics, the Muslims are't going to be persecuting people solely by the color of their skin".

[QB]
Hello...? are you saying the KKK are radical Catholics?

#143908 - 20/05/03 08:52 AM Re: I miss the religion talk guys
electrobuzz Offline

Loc: Denver, Colorado
posted by Kerensky97

Umm K,
A Catholic is as ill-thought (I use the term "thought" loosely) of as any other non-Protestant white by the Klan. mad

Maybe you're thinking of the Knights of Columbus [Freak]

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal