2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#151004 - 27/06/03 05:51 PM You won't believe this!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here's something you don't see too often.

Last night (6/26/03) this guy was in such a hurry to return his movie to the video rental that he decided he could save some time by going over the curb and getting into the parking lot from the back-side. Apparently in his zeal to save time, he failed to negotiate the boulder. He hit the boulder, shoving it four feet forward, the force of which brought the front of his Xpy up....and back down onto the top of the boulder. He tore a hole in his oil pan, illustrated by the oil leaking down the backside of the rock and puddling underneath. The kicker is that while his oil pan was losing oil quickly, he left the engine running. Some other people were coming up to the truck and getting their pictures taken right next to it, like it was some sort of amusement park. In a retributive sort of way...it is.

#151005 - 27/06/03 06:02 PM Re: You won't believe this!
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
Some obstacles are best avoided. :rolleyes:

I'm impressed he got it up and over the boulder that far. Must've been flat moving.

Obviously, nobody told this guy not to go wheelin' alone. [Too much XOC]

#151006 - 27/06/03 06:15 PM Re: You won't believe this!
Anonymous
Unregistered

One of my workmates took the pic. He was driving with his wife and did a double take. He said, "What did you just see?" His wife replied, "That Ford was up on that rock!" They went home and grabbed the digital camera. He doesn't have a front pic, but I understand that the bumper was well dented. It's amazing how much kinetic energy a vehicle has when it's moving even at moderate speeds. A good hi-lift and a towing vehicle to extract the rock might have been helpful to him. I wish I would have been around to help him out of the trouble, as long as any help was predicated by a liability waiver. I wonder how they got him down.

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal