Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#164663 - 13/02/08 02:50 PM Re: Yeah NO WORK TODAY......
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kev - Good to hear. I'm sure a bunch of us would show up if need be. Hell I could borrow a CAT IT38G, snowmobile and snowcat if we had to. Don't know how I'd get the snowcat or IT there, but I'd figure it out. Maybe in the back of the haul truck, that would be a sight!!!

Edited for spelling.

#164664 - 13/02/08 03:30 PM Re: Yeah NO WORK TODAY......
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
Quote:
Originally posted by TravelingFool:
[b]None of you guys would last a week in Minneapolis. -26F last week, blowing and drifting snow, 4 feet of ice on Prior Lake, and yes; I was fishing!
I would. I grew up in northwestern Wyoming, though the Arizona residency for the last 15 years has thinned my blood....

My 92 YO grandad still gets out on the ice a ways east of you on the Fox River in Wisconsin. I bet he's caught half the bluegills in the state in his lifetime![/b]
I spent enough winters in Mpls and Ideal Corners to know I can handle it but I don't miss it. 12 years in AZ and I haven't had to shovel any sunshine yet. We tried to explain ice fishing by example for a native Arizonan once, we drew a circle on the garage floor, laid some string down and proceeded to drink blackberry brandy all afternoon. We didn't catch anything but a buzz, which is about how ice fishing worked on Ossawanamakee.

#164665 - 13/02/08 03:41 PM Re: Yeah NO WORK TODAY......
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by DocNo:
I'll take snow over ice any day!

They closed major freeway\'s here for the evening commute - a bad bunch of freezing rain covered everything in about a quarter inch of ice frown
People here can't drive for shit. It took me 2.5 hours to get from Alexandria to Reston.

Thank God I'm moving in a couple weeks. Arlington, here I come!!
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#164666 - 13/02/08 05:18 PM Re: Yeah NO WORK TODAY......
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mine_man:
Kev - Good to hear. I'm sure a bunch of us would show up if need be. Hell I could borrow a CAT IT38G, snowmobile and snowcat if we had to. Don't know how I'd get the snowcat or IT there, but I'd figure it out. Maybe in the back of the haul truck, that would be a sight!!!

Edited for spelling.
I wanna play on the snowmobile!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal