Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#167854 - 11/04/07 02:51 PM Re: People shouldnt be forced to serve on a jury
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
[b]But alas - I'm not a citizen, so I can't be on a jury. Even tho I pay my taxes and can certainly go infront of a Jury if I do anything wrong - Pretty senseless really.
You think it's senseless that only citizens are allowed to serve on a jury? That makes a lot of sense to me.

Out of curiosity, are you working on becoming a citizen or are you ultimately planning on heading back to the rainy homeland?[/b]
I'm planning to become a Citizen, probably sooner rather than later as the Government is talking about putting the price up by like 50% to apply (Like that will help the illegal immigration problem). Just have better things to spend the $400 on right now.

Having lived here now for more than 5 years I can apply at any time. Could have applied 2 years ago as I'm married to a US Citizen.

#167855 - 11/04/07 03:05 PM Re: People shouldnt be forced to serve on a jury
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
I'm planning to become a Citizen, probably sooner rather than later as the Government is talking about putting the price up by like 50% to apply (Like that will help the illegal immigration problem). Just have better things to spend the $400 on right now.

Having lived here now for more than 5 years I can apply at any time. Could have applied 2 years ago as I'm married to a US Citizen.
Did you check into dual-citizenship allowances?

Just curious if that's even an option for you.

#167856 - 11/04/07 03:53 PM Re: People shouldnt be forced to serve on a jury
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:
Quote:
[b]I'm planning to become a Citizen, probably sooner rather than later as the Government is talking about putting the price up by like 50% to apply (Like that will help the illegal immigration problem). Just have better things to spend the $400 on right now.

Did you check into dual-citizenship allowances?

Just curious if that's even an option for you.[/b]
I guess to become a US citizen you are supposed to denounce your Citizenship to another country. Not sure how that is supposed to work, there's nothing to stop me from renewing my UK passport when it comes time to renew it. Not quite sure what you mean by Dual Citizenship allowances tho.

#167857 - 11/04/07 06:06 PM Re: People shouldnt be forced to serve on a jury
InfX708 Offline

Loc: Ft. Bragg, NC
I've never been called for jury duty. Of course, my DL is from IN and I haven't lived there for 6 years. I'd probably be excused anyway - most defense lawyers wouldn't want a former corrections officer turned Army officer on their jury. My dad's a retired cop and has been summoned. The judge will excuse active cops, but not retired one - like they change when the pension checks start coming in.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal