2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#173882 - 17/02/04 06:35 PM What Wax do You use?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just got my X and I'm going to do its first wax. What do you guys use or think the best is. I've heard using a step by step, waxing program, like Meguires, works best. I live in Florida if that makes any difference? smile

#173883 - 17/02/04 06:43 PM Re: What Wax do You use?
oleblue Offline

Loc: Winter Park, CO
The debate goes on and on. use what you like and works for the amount of work you want to put into it.

For Brent - I'm first - Many subjects on this. some say serach:

XOC prior post

#173884 - 17/02/04 06:49 PM Re: What Wax do You use?
John Doe Offline

Loc: Chattanooga
I use Armor All wax, due to it's high rating for durability in Consumer Reports (I wax my car once a year weather it needs it or not).

#173885 - 17/02/04 07:00 PM Re: What Wax do You use?
DaveDatsun Offline

Loc: Sahuarita, AZ
You don't need to use a multi-step procedure on new paint. Just use a straight wax without cleaners or abrasives. Unless you want swirls on a new swirl free finish.

dave and xtoy - sometimes less is more

#173886 - 17/02/04 07:06 PM Re: What Wax do You use?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Zymol once every 1-2 months, plus wax as u dry after every weekly wash. Meguiar's high endurance on tires and trim. Stoner's invisible glass on, well, glass. Armor all high gloss on interior plastics. hope this helps

#173887 - 17/02/04 07:25 PM Re: What Wax do You use?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, my paint isn't 100% new, I bought a pre-owned, The paint feels like it has never been waxed, should I use a cleaner wax

#173888 - 18/02/04 09:25 AM Re: What Wax do You use?
IceChickenX Offline

Loc: Huntsville, AL
Quote:
Originally posted by Nissmo:
Yeah, my paint isn't 100% new, I bought a pre-owned, The paint feels like it has never been waxed, should I use a cleaner wax
Yes, use a cleaner wax. I used to paint cars back in HS/college to put myself through. Although...this isn't an absolute, but we always used Meguire products. The cleaner wax is a good product to use b/c it cuts down on the time involved to clean and wax (duh) :rolleyes: . Now, if your paint still looks like it needs more TLC, then go with the three (or four) step process to condition the paint. All of this is of course color dependant....meaning you can get away with appearance issues easier with lighter colors (I have white for instance, it's the easiest color to maintain and abuse). If you have black...then more time is involved to make it look just as good as the white b/c of swirling.

IceChickenX

#173889 - 18/02/04 06:08 PM Re: What Wax do You use?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks man that really helps, I bought some Meguires cleaner wax hopefully i'll get to it this weekend! Also what do you usae for the plastic trim on the outside of the car? laugh

#173890 - 19/02/04 03:34 AM Re: What Wax do You use?
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
Use a clay bar to get all the "old gunk" of your car! Then decide if you need to wax or strip it further.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=11145

-Rick

#173891 - 19/02/04 04:18 AM Re: What Wax do You use?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Meguires works the best for me and I too am near the beaches with the salt air here in Hawaii. Meguires works the best and keeps those damn water spots off.

#173892 - 19/02/04 09:39 AM Re: What Wax do You use?
IceChickenX Offline

Loc: Huntsville, AL
Quote:
Thanks man that really helps, I bought some Meguires cleaner wax hopefully i'll get to it this weekend! Also what do you usae for the plastic trim on the outside of the car? laugh
To be quite honest...nothing. I do my best not to get wax on the trim (accelerates fading)...and that's about all I do.

XterraVA in this thread used Black Magic on some of his plastic pieces...I don't have experience with it, so I can't advise on this subject...sorry.

#173893 - 19/02/04 08:00 PM Re: What Wax do You use?
DaveDatsun Offline

For fans of Meguiar's products, check out their latest wax - NXT.
http://www.meguiars.com/whatsnew/techwax.cfm

The product has been getting some good reviews on other forums. I think I'll try it when the weather warms up.
If you can't find it in the stores, just order direct.

dave and xtoy - it *will* get warmer, someday?

#173894 - 20/02/04 10:44 PM Re: What Wax do You use?
Jdawg Offline

Loc: Marion, SC
Quote:
I use Black Magic Pro-Shine Protectant and it works really well. However no matter what you use, it will eventually begin to fade but the black magic stuff keeps it looking pretty good with its plasticizers.

#173895 - 22/02/04 08:19 AM Re: What Wax do You use?
seamonkey Offline

Loc: Boerne, TX
Right now I use Collinite doublecoat. Last a very long time (about $20 can)
http://collinite.com/

I've been looking at the NXT but can find it in the stores yet. Here are some pics on a mustang board I'm on.

See the red one

Offroad Pics

#173896 - 23/02/04 08:12 AM Re: What Wax do You use?
Anonymous
Unregistered

hello everyone, i use meguiars cleaner/polish/carnuba, well when i get a chance to use it, and it works better than any other ive ever used. i live on the oregon coast, and we get some pretty interesting weather situations here, but the truck still loks pretty good.

#173897 - 23/02/04 02:02 PM Re: What Wax do You use?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Seems like everone likes the Meguires NXt Wax, I saw it at wal-mart yesterday I'll give it a try in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know if you have to wait for the wax to come off your truck before you wax it again? Or can I wax my truck before the wax has come off? confused

#173898 - 23/02/04 04:39 PM Re: What Wax do You use?
oleblue Offline

Loc: Winter Park, CO
To get prior wax off, just wash it using Dawn Dish detergent for the soap. The acid in dawn will remove just about any kind of wax.

#173899 - 23/02/04 05:39 PM Re: What Wax do You use?
DaveDatsun Offline

Nissmo -
Your best bet is to contact Meguiars:

http://www.meguiars.com/customer_care/index.cfm

You can call, e-mail or snail mail them with your question.

dave and xtoy - they make it, they should know

#173900 - 27/02/04 04:33 PM Re: What Wax do You use?
njs1stlt Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Tried out the new Meguiar's Nxt Generation wax today, AWESOME easy on easy off and no spider webbing, does as advertised.

The truck came out so good I had to do the car.

#173901 - 28/02/04 02:56 AM Re: What Wax do You use?
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
another suggestion for the plastic exterior trim is Mother's Back to Black. it almost makes the xterra a little TOO pretty smile .

#173902 - 28/02/04 06:17 AM Re: What Wax do You use?
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Meguiars gold class or www.zainobros.com

#173903 - 29/02/04 05:18 PM Re: What Wax do You use?
c.chang Offline

Loc: Northern, VA
Zainos does magical wonders for black. This one gets my vote.

#173904 - 04/03/04 08:48 PM Re: What Wax do You use?
seamonkey Offline

Loc: Boerne, TX
Another vote for NXT from a former Collinite user. It truly looks wet. Easy on and off. $14 at autozone.

Offroad Pics

#173905 - 30/03/04 04:56 PM Re: What Wax do You use?
xterramike Offline

Loc: Glen Oaks
I just purchased and used Eagle One's "NaonoWax". Purchased it from Auto Zone. It was $9.99, with a rebate coupon right inside the package. Applied it this past weekend. It applied easy and was even easier to get off. Brought a nice smooth shine out. It also concealed the swirl marks. We will see how it will hold up after it rains. This is there newest product and for free I gave it a try. Checked their website, and this is the product they are promoting now.

Just my input.

Xterra Mike

Had a '00 Denim Blue
4x4 XE 3PKGS

#173906 - 30/03/04 07:15 PM Re: What Wax do You use?
Anonymous
Unregistered

We only use Meguiars. Have used it on show cars as well as everyday drivers. NXT Goes on and comes off nice and easy. It leaves a very smooth finish. I was using High Tech #26 previously and still like the #26 about the same. The big difference between the two that I found, is the ease of the NXT. It turns out GREAT when you polish the vehicle first and than put NXT on it.

I put a coat of #26 wax on a few days after putting the NXT on and it looked AWESOME!!!

Find a wax that you like and stick with it. That is what it is about. I am weird in that I enjoy detailing cars whether it is for show or go.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal