Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#174082 - 04/08/06 09:51 AM Pinestriping your new X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay, so I have two sets of pinestripes on my six-month-old X. One set, above the front passenger-side wheel well, is about 14 inches long. Since my X is silver, the scratches don't look that bad, and it looks like they only went into the clear coat.

Since I'm usually off the beaten path almost every weekend, I am wondering how long I should keep fixing the inevitable scratches and dings. Because it's a new truck, I feel somewhat obligated to get the scratches buffed out. This is the first new truck that I've used off road. With my past rigs, I really didn't care and just shrugged stuff off as "battle scars." After all, it's not a mall crawler.

How long do you keep fighting the wear and tear of the trail??

#174083 - 06/08/06 07:37 PM Re: Pinestriping your new X
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've stopped fighting scratches and dents a long time ago. You should see the sides of my X. It's white so they don't stand out like they would on black, but when you get close they are ALL over.

#174084 - 06/08/06 10:19 PM Re: Pinestriping your new X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thats what i love about silver, it hides them pretty well. I carry around a set of shears when i go out with my buds because they love the backwoods stuff. If its a branch i know will do damage i usually get out and cut it back. Since i'm always in the back anyhow i get there the same time because i catch up at "stuck stops".

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal