Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 234 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#175147 - 18/05/04 07:51 AM Re: too good to be true??
Anonymous
Unregistered

when you have black, there is no such thing as spot free in my eyes. i use an absorber, which i love, then go around the entire X with a 100% cotton towel so it wont scratch the paint. works great to get off all the spots.

#175148 - 18/05/04 05:01 PM Re: too good to be true??
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a black xterra and at least on the first rinse I didn't have any spots at all. It took probably as long to rinse it properly as a good dry but its somewhat more fun.

Using the gun to sray soap on the car is not a great idea especially for one person trying to wash alone... to much stopping and putting down the hose etc. Also you can't really get the sponge or mitt rinsed out properly.

Ender

#175149 - 20/05/04 04:30 PM Re: too good to be true??
Anonymous
Unregistered

You guys ever try the California water blade? I use one and it works great. It's quick and provides you a spot free finish in no time. Available at WalMart and Advance Auto that I know of.

#175150 - 16/06/04 07:28 PM Re: too good to be true??
Anonymous
Unregistered

i recently bought a Mr. Clean Car Wash unit a target for sixteen bucks. i went out and clean my Xterra which was getting dirty from rain water. I washed like it directed,but it didnt dry real fast. it didnt clean the dirt off to well. i am not sure if that is cause of the wax or the product. i also notice that the car wash solution went really fast. Be sure you have a good wash rag. confused

"Cant ever offroad to hard!"

#175151 - 02/07/04 08:22 AM Re: too good to be true??
Anonymous
Unregistered

I usually take my Super Black X to a local touch-free wash, but I give it a real thorough cleaning by hand every now and then. I bought the Mr. Clean Auto Dry at a local Pep Boys and I love it. It's basically a four-step process:

1. Wet your X.
2. Soap and clean your X (I used car wash sponges to remove dirt and build-up, like bird crap).
3. Rinse the soap off.
4. Spray your X with the auto-dry.

It worked better than I expected and was well worth the price.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal