Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#175986 - 11/09/05 11:43 PM Droppings melt Hood
Anonymous
Unregistered

I parked my car under a tree and needless to say there were many birds in the tree and it was a hot day. Anyway I cleared the droppings off and it looks like the droppings somehow have melted the paint or wax or something. Anyone else have this problem or know what it could be or what can be done. Will wax typically cover that up?

#175987 - 11/09/05 11:55 PM Re: Droppings melt Hood
Anonymous
Unregistered

Happened to me. Bird drops (NYC pigeons) and berries.
Solution: compound. I have used 3M with good results. Any compound with do as long it doesnt have heavy/large particles in it to prevent damaging the clearcoat.

#175988 - 12/09/05 02:38 AM Re: Droppings melt Hood
Anonymous
Unregistered

PS: dont 4 get to wax after youre done with the compound. [ThumbsUp]

#175989 - 12/09/05 04:54 AM Re: Droppings melt Hood
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wouldn't use anything too harsh. I recommend Meguiars ScratchX. It may take 3-4 tries, but it will eventually take out the bird etchings. You will need to put a good coat of wax afterwards.

Here is a thread on the Meguiars site, http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1516

#175990 - 23/09/05 01:01 PM Re: Droppings melt Hood
Anonymous
Unregistered

depends on how deep they are. Is there still clear coat or did it go all the way to the base coat or lower. I bought a 2003 sentra specv new from a dealer and after washing the HORRIBLE wax job off that they had done realized that there were holes all the way through the base coat all over the entire car. Long story but yeah tree sap and bird droppings can do a lot more damage than people think.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal