2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176316 - 28/04/04 09:12 PM Pin Stripes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, Harrisonburg Nissan of Harrisonburg, Virginia has stated that even if I don't want pin stripes on my Xterra, I will still be charged $180.00 for them in the final bill.

So, the question is, do you think the super black 2004 Xterra would look better with silver or dark purple pin stripes? They have quite a selection to choose from, any other tasteful ideas are appreciated.

#176317 - 28/04/04 09:27 PM Re: Pin Stripes
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Wait a minute! It doesn't have any pinstriping on it and they are forcing you to get it or pay for it? It's one thing if it's already on there, but they can't make you get it! I say fuck'em and go somewhere else! There's no such thing as tasteful pinstriping; it's all [Rainbow] .

BTW, tell them the 80's want their pinstriping back!

#176318 - 28/04/04 09:34 PM Re: Pin Stripes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:
Wait a minute! It doesn't have any pinstriping on it and they are forcing you to get it or pay for it? It's one thing if it's already on there, but they can't make you get it! I say fuck'em and go somewhere else! There's no such thing as tasteful pinstriping; it's all [Rainbow] .

BTW, tell them the 80's want their pinstriping back!
Yes, I told them I didn't want the pinstriping, but they basically said "Too bad".

They've already gotten the best of me, so I'm taking them for all they're worth. I don't mind pinstriping, so I'm going to get it if I have to pay for it.

I need a color that goes well with both black and gray(The bumper color).

#176319 - 29/04/04 03:09 AM Re: Pin Stripes
DaveDatsun Offline

Loc: Sahuarita, AZ
Sounds like silver or grey would be your best choice. The color purple has meanings/symbolism for some religious/social groups.

dave and xtoy - but that's not everyone

#176320 - 29/04/04 05:01 AM Re: Pin Stripes
Anonymous
Unregistered

The dealer had put stripes on my White 03 already, blue... I hated them, first day it was warm, of they came, really cheap pin striping too , I did not even need a heat gun or anything.

Anyway, if you have to get silver... But I would say after taking it off, my X looks 1000 times better!!!

#176321 - 29/04/04 05:15 AM Re: Pin Stripes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dude, there is no way they can charge you for pinstriping that isn't already on the car. They're trying to rob you. Have some balls and tell them to go fuck themselves. Seriously, tell them if they're going to charge you for that then you're walking, they're not the only Nissan dealership in the world.

#176322 - 29/04/04 05:30 AM Re: Pin Stripes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ShowtimeX:
Dude, there is no way they can charge you for pinstriping that isn't already on the car. They're trying to rob you. Have some balls and tell them to go fuck themselves. Seriously, tell them if they're going to charge you for that then you're walking, they're not the only Nissan dealership in the world.
It's too late to tell them I'm walking, I've already bought the vehicle. They are saying that I can't get the money deducted after the deal is already made, which is bullshit.

#176323 - 29/04/04 05:32 AM Re: Pin Stripes
Anonymous
Unregistered

DON'T let them charge you for something you don't want. I agree with the other posters, the X looks better w/o pinstriping. But it is your X and your choice. Do what you want.

If they still insist on charging you $180, tell them you want to charge them $180 for the dealer badges.

#176324 - 29/04/04 05:43 AM Re: Pin Stripes
DaveDatsun Offline

Loc: Sahuarita, AZ
Or get $180 worth of something else. Even a credit for service.

dave and xtoy - or a tank of gas, well half a tank if the prices keep going up smile

#176325 - 29/04/04 06:12 AM Re: Pin Stripes
surfingteacher Offline

Loc: Richardson
See if you can get something else. Seat covers, floor mats. Anything but pin striping.
TNT #14
SWXC #95
I wish I could think of something clever to put here.
Cardomain

#176326 - 29/04/04 06:16 AM Re: Pin Stripes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Xterra Owner:
Quote:
[b]Dude, there is no way they can charge you for pinstriping that isn't already on the car. They're trying to rob you. Have some balls and tell them to go fuck themselves. Seriously, tell them if they're going to charge you for that then you're walking, they're not the only Nissan dealership in the world.
It's too late to tell them I'm walking, I've already bought the vehicle. They are saying that I can't get the money deducted after the deal is already made, which is bullshit.[/b]
What do you mean by "bought"? Have you taken delivery of it yet, have you given them any earnest money? Go to the top..tell them you want to speak with the GM or owner. "Fight the Power, brotherman."

#176327 - 29/04/04 06:20 AM Re: Pin Stripes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did you sign a contract? Now they are telling you that you MUST buy something in order to take delivery?!?

BBB

Bait and Switch

#176328 - 29/04/04 07:16 AM Re: Pin Stripes
Lightning Offline

Loc: High Point, NC
Unless they have your money (which they might) deal is not already made. If they don't yet, insist or tell them your walking. Other places will match their price. If they do have your money, I'd say that a set of seat covers would look nice.

Though IMO pin striping doesn't look half bad on some. It's the principle that they threw that in so they could make another $160 off of you ($20 for time and materials)

#176329 - 29/04/04 10:45 AM Re: Pin Stripes
FinallyAnXer Offline

Loc: Bradford, PA
I second the comments regarding contacting the General Manager, Nissan Corporate (they helped me when the X had to go in for a recall) and the Better Business Bureau.

I would try the GM first, but either way I would be filing a report with the BBB.

-Jeremy

#176330 - 29/04/04 10:57 AM Re: Pin Stripes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Xterra Owner:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Dude, there is no way they can charge you for pinstriping that isn't already on the car. They're trying to rob you. Have some balls and tell them to go fuck themselves. Seriously, tell them if they're going to charge you for that then you're walking, they're not the only Nissan dealership in the world.
It's too late to tell them I'm walking, I've already bought the vehicle. They are saying that I can't get the money deducted after the deal is already made, which is bullshit.[/b]
What do you mean by "bought"? Have you taken delivery of it yet, have you given them any earnest money? Go to the top..tell them you want to speak with the GM or owner. "Fight the Power, brotherman."[/b]
Well, I physically gave him a check for the X, then asked him about the pinstriping, thinking he would say something like "Oh yeah, that's not problem, we'll write that off!" But, he said "Well, the deal is already made and we can't write any of that off!" He basically said "Too damn bad! You just paid me you little bitch!"

Either way, it's like someone has already mentioned, it's not the $180 I'm worried about, it's the point behind it.

#176331 - 29/04/04 11:02 AM Re: Pin Stripes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Exactly, its the point behind it. That prick isn't a man of his words. You gotta CANCEL that check bro!!
Then when his boss chews him out for not making the sale on you, you tell him boss he wasnt a man of his words and he will continue to lose customers with that tactic....

I never knew what was so "sporty" or "cool" about pinstriping. To me it makes the vehicle look old and outdated.

You seriously need to cancel that check.

Indy

#176332 - 29/04/04 11:46 AM Re: Pin Stripes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by indy:
Exactly, its the point behind it. That prick isn't a man of his words. You gotta CANCEL that check bro!!
Then when his boss chews him out for not making the sale on you, you tell him boss he wasnt a man of his words and he will continue to lose customers with that tactic....

I never knew what was so "sporty" or "cool" about pinstriping. To me it makes the vehicle look old and outdated.

You seriously need to cancel that check.

Indy
He's exactly right. Cancel that check without waiting another second, hopefully it's not too late. Don't be, as you said, a "little bitch." Go right to the GM and tell him what's up. $180 isn't pocket change, and the principle of it is even more. Be assertive and demanding to your point.

Trust me, I'm a Purchasing Agent, I deal with salesman and contracts and whatnot for a living. If you tell him your terms or you walk, he'll agree. That $180 prob goes right to his commish.

#176333 - 29/04/04 01:01 PM Re: Pin Stripes
Close1 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Mmmm pinstripes [Laughing] how [Rainbow]

Well unless you are just using it to pick lil timmy up from soccer practice. :rolleyes:

#176334 - 29/04/04 01:38 PM Re: Pin Stripes
Lightning Offline

Loc: High Point, NC
Hmm, cancelling the check....
You know as pissed as I usually get at salesmen and dealerships... yeah, I think I would probably stand in front of him while you call the bank and tell them to cancel the check. I'd take the $25 hit for the check fee. F#@% the dealerships!

Yep, then see it they can see the point behind it. AHHHH I hate them!

#176335 - 29/04/04 02:11 PM Re: Pin Stripes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ahh but that is what's great about cancelling a check! There shouldn't be a $25 fee if you cancel it. So its a win win situation for him.

I really hope he decides to cancel it because you should never ever be forced to pay for petty things like pinstriping!!!

INdy

#176336 - 29/04/04 02:13 PM Re: Pin Stripes
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
If you can stop payment on the check then I would say to do so...you havent mentioned signing a contract as of yet so that would be my second thought...no contract signed no deal...and thirdly I would say to refuse to take delivery of the vehicle...there is tiny little wording on the back of the contract about the customer having to take delivery of the vehicle for the deal to be complete....If you refuse to take delivery of the unit there is no deal---unless of course the dealership tows the truck over to your house and dumps it in your driveway, takes a picture, and leaves(which I have known to happen on occasion), in which case that counts as having taken delivery....Take my advice--NO DEAL IS REALLY FINAL....look at the tag on my ID here...I know what I'm talking about...just ask Ian smile

#176337 - 29/04/04 02:28 PM Re: Pin Stripes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who was your salesman? Gary Hensley was mine. That is strage for Harrisonburg Nissan...they pride themselves on being "1st in Customer Service in VA" for 2001 and 2002. Basically, tell them you'll give them bad results on the survey. I'm sure John Booker will credit for you then.

#176338 - 29/04/04 04:51 PM Re: Pin Stripes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go eat a huge meal at your favorite fast food place, wait 4-5 hours, try anyway, then take a huge dumparo in the bathroom, and don't flush...

And when the bring the truck out for you to take, make sure to have some other license plate covers, say your favorite sports team, as the sale person to have them put on and trash the dealrones, they love that!!!

Oh and call your sttorney general office, and report the SOB, that ain't legal.

#176339 - 29/04/04 05:18 PM Re: Pin Stripes
Xterrian Offline

Loc: Fort Lewis, WA
Be a man. Cancel the sale out of principle. I would do it even if it meant that it would cost me more than $180. The reason scumbags do shit like that is because people stand for it. Break the cycle and tell them to kiss your ass. I like the suggestion to cancel the check over your cell phone right in front of them. I have a direct TV dish in my garage, new in the box, never used. Just because they changed their story at installation. They never got another cent from me and never will. I will be canceling my AT&T cellphone contract when it expires because they won't stop calling me about changing my long distance carrier. We should start dealer/salesman boycott/buy from lists here and point them out to salesmen when buying. That shit pisses me off.

#176340 - 29/04/04 05:33 PM Re: Pin Stripes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Xterrian,

That's right! I agree. I am going to cancel my Chase Mastercard tomorrow because not only do they send me those stupid advance checks(just trying to get me into more debt) to pay off other credit cards almost every other day, their sales/marketing dept. keeps calling my house telling me about more offers.
So I called them up and told them to stop, they said they had a "do not call" on my profile so it should never happen again. Well, it hasn't stopped!

It's really unfortunate that they already have me as a customer(the hard part) but they don't know how to keep them!
All they had to do was shutup and stop calling me!
Is that really that hard??

Indy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal