Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176362 - 11/09/06 07:51 PM tinting
Anonymous
Unregistered

anyone know off hand the estimated cost of some high quality tint. the kind that wont fade purple or bubble. i know this is vague, but im just looking for a *rough* price.

#176363 - 11/09/06 08:47 PM Re: tinting
BOOM Offline

Loc: WISCONSIN
if you want the fronts & the sunscreen done. ... maybe only 80 if that ... if you want the whole truck maybe 200 or so ...

i got the fronts and sunscreen done in FLORIDA like 6yrs ago for 50 in TAMPA.. looks good to this day.

well good day and AHPPY SHOOPING ... call or go to shops and ask them they will proble do it for you as you wait... they need $$$ also...

later
BOOM

if you wanna get it DIRTY, Then go in and get some MUD !! ON IT

#176364 - 12/09/06 12:24 PM Re: tinting
Anonymous
Unregistered

Find a tint shop or dealer that sells Huper Optik. It's a very expensive, but very high quality grade of tint. But it's well worth the money if you plan on keeping your vehicle for the long term and if it spends a lot of park time outdoors.

#176365 - 12/09/06 06:18 PM Re: tinting
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stay away from R & S STRAUSS tint. Pure crap. They use to carry "secret zone" which was a great tint. But discontinued. The replacements that they have none is cheap and flimsey.

#176366 - 12/09/06 09:50 PM Re: tinting
Anonymous
Unregistered

i got mine at %20 dark for $40, front 2 windows and the top of the windshield.

#176367 - 13/09/06 12:04 PM Re: tinting
Anonymous
Unregistered

question, how is tint a 2wd topic? I'm not channeling Brent here, I swear, but if I were searching apprearance for tint I'd never find this topic...

Damn, maybe I am channeling Brent [Freak] [Uh Oh !]

#176368 - 13/09/06 01:14 PM Re: tinting
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good Point, I think I'll move it.

#176369 - 13/09/06 06:33 PM Re: tinting
Anonymous
Unregistered

well, i have the so called high end tint .... its by 3m corp and is rated to withstand high impacts on the glass and prevent glass from breaking into pieces. all 5 windows.........aprox. 500.00 dollars... it was a chrome look. i will post photo on 4 x 4 p a r t s...

#176370 - 13/09/06 07:20 PM Re: tinting
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
question, how is tint a 2wd topic? I'm not channeling Brent here, I swear, but if I were searching apprearance for tint I'd never find this topic...

Well the sub title of Appearance says, "Washing, waxing and taking care of your Xterra". I assumed it was more upkeep related.

Now when i think of the 2wd forum in a, what i would call a off road forum. Based on the topics in the 4x4 forum where people ask about lifts and such, i would think the 2wd forum would be more, exhuast (sp), rims, tint, etc.

just my $0.02

#176371 - 13/09/06 09:13 PM Re: tinting
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Tregga:
Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
[b]question, how is tint a 2wd topic? I'm not channeling Brent here, I swear, but if I were searching apprearance for tint I'd never find this topic...

Well the sub title of Appearance says, "Washing, waxing and taking care of your Xterra". I assumed it was more upkeep related.

Now when i think of the 2wd forum in a, what i would call a off road forum. Based on the topics in the 4x4 forum where people ask about lifts and such, i would think the 2wd forum would be more, exhuast (sp), rims, tint, etc.

just my $0.02[/b]
I see your logic, but I own a 4x4 and I have an exhaust, aftermarket stereo, and I've been contemplating getting tint for a while now.

At any rate, it's neither here nor there laugh Carry on

#176372 - 14/09/06 08:20 PM Re: tinting
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got my fronts matches last week it looks so nice it was 70 bucks.. its 27.. I would goa little darker though if i were to do it again

#176373 - 14/09/06 08:27 PM Re: tinting
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, tint is one of those things in which you get what you pay for. Best bet is shop around and find a shop with high end product and a nice facility.

#176374 - 15/09/06 03:13 PM Re: tinting
Anonymous
Unregistered

got the two fronts done for 40 bucks. at 20%

they are *slightly* darker than the back windows but that can only be noticed when looking for it at noon.

i like the 20%, however i would like to warn everyone that is thinking about it that at night when there are no street lights around. vision is greatly diminished

#176375 - 19/09/06 11:58 AM Re: tinting
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think the price range varies greatly depending on where you get it and who you have do it. When I lived in Southern Cali you could have seriously quality work done under the table (I had Huper Optik on my old xterra, got it on all the windows for $300), but now that I live in Northern Cali it's a whole different market. You'll probably have to do some local investigation.

#176376 - 20/09/06 07:33 PM Re: tinting
Anonymous
Unregistered

Also beware that the tint shop will tint your windows as dark as you want and that could end up with a ticket, a law suit, or issues with your insurance coverage.

Go to a real tint shop that offers a life-time guarantee and doing the five rear windows ought to be a bit less than $200 with top quality tint.

There are tints with a metalic pigment which will block the function of your radar/laser detectors if that's an issue.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal