2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#177210 - 23/02/05 08:56 PM window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

I live in CALI, or umm I purhcased my X here and the state law is no tint on passenger and driver side window . How can I match factory tint?

#177211 - 24/02/05 01:01 PM Re: window tint
BoneCrusher Offline

Loc: In a Bar near YOU!
by not breaking the law

no X's have tint on the front windows.
But i doubt the law states no tint on the front windows. Go to your local tint shop and ask if they can match the tint legally. If they say yes fine if they say no but they will do it for cash straight up than there ya go.

Its your ticket.

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency

99% of democrats give the rest a bad name

Liberals are constantly Inflaming the culture war. They seem to forget which side has all the guns.

#177212 - 24/02/05 03:57 PM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BoneCrusher:
no X's have tint on the front windows.
Here in AZ they do. I have 30% from the factory on mine it is called the "desert package" I believe, 20% or less is against the law in AZ, I think.

#177213 - 24/02/05 05:38 PM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

When I applied at Peoria Nissan, I observed them putting tint on brand new vehicle that hadn't even been PDI'd yet. But that was Phoenix (Glendale) and in Colorado, we don't do that unless requested.

I have matched tint on my Frontier, and don't get any guff. If I got a ticket, I'd pay it. No points, not a moving violation, just a fine.

I'd rather just enjoy my truck.

#177214 - 24/02/05 08:04 PM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

Besides the whole hot as hell thing in a car with no tint, I kinda get the whole "fish in a bowl" feel if the front were not tinted. This is AZ factory tint.

#177215 - 01/03/05 02:07 PM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

In AZ what is the percenage of the factory front tint? I have 35% on mine now. I am looking for something a little darker. Contemplating gowing 20% i wish there was something in between. I know that some tints are darker than others even at the same percentage so i may do some shopping.

#177216 - 05/03/05 07:54 PM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

go with what i have 5% in front and stock + 5% everywhere else

its a bitch driving at night in unlit areas sometimes though but i say if i get a ticket then its my fault but a cop has to be a real chicken shit to give a bs ticket like that

#177217 - 29/03/05 01:47 PM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was just researching this recently for my girlfriend. California law requires that the front side windows allow no less than 70% of the light through. Anything behind that can be as dark as you want. the windshield isn't supposed to be tinted at all unless you want to run a 4" band along the top of the windshield. They do allow a medical waiver too, so if you can get a dostor to write you a note that your tinting is for health reasons then you are home free.

The reality is that it is kind of like the front license plate thing. Unless you make yourself a target for some other reason I don't think you'll ever be bothered. A previous girlfriend had dark tint all around on her VW Bug and never had any problems with the po po.

-hutch

#177218 - 01/04/05 08:51 AM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

How many states require a front license plate? I didn’t know California was one of them.

#177219 - 14/04/05 08:20 AM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

Colorado requires a front license plate. You know whats funny, The also sell decorative front license plates around here too. Like we have a place to put them or something. confused

#177220 - 15/04/05 09:30 PM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

I found this site recently, hope it helps

http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html

#177221 - 18/04/05 02:49 PM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cali law is that you have to have proof in hand that the front window tint is for UV blocking purposes, and have a doctors note saying that you have a medical condition that requires you to have this. Otherwise, no front window tinting.

#177222 - 18/04/05 04:25 PM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kinda like weed. [Smoking]

#177223 - 18/04/05 10:05 PM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Laughing]

#177224 - 22/09/05 05:40 PM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

I used to live in Surprise AZ. I had a Toy Pre-Runner with Limo tint all the way around...never had any problems with the law...The only problem I had was seeing out at night time..

#177225 - 17/10/05 05:11 AM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperBlackXterra:
Colorado requires a front license plate. You know whats funny, The also sell decorative front license plates around here too. Like we have a place to put them or something. confused
When I used to live in Jersey I asked about decorative license plates. I was told that as long as my license plate was on the front under the decorative plate, I was legal...

#177226 - 18/10/05 04:44 AM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

How dark is 70%? That's the law in good 'ole NY. Probably not even worth the cash...

#177227 - 18/10/05 08:12 PM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

70% means it allows 70% of the light in...

i also live in ny and have had a few cars tinted in the past... when tinting the entire car getting the front windows at 70% is worth it depending on the tint level on the rear windows, plus they normally cut you a break for getting the entire car done... just getting the front windows done at 70% on an xterra wouldnt be too bad of an idea really, itd blend well with the darker rear windows, but it doesnt serve much of a purpose other than to look good. so if your worried about appearance, do it... otherwise look for a shop that will do illegal tint levels (youd be surprised how many will) and get about a 60% tint on the front and youll see the difference and not really have to worry much about being ticketed.

#177228 - 19/10/05 04:57 AM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

Reksav, or anyone else, what is the tint of the Xterra's back and side windows?

#177229 - 19/10/05 11:29 AM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

A 20% film up front will match the rest of the truck. That's what I did. Don't even bother with 70%. That's barely going to make a difference. Do they even make 70% film?

#177230 - 20/10/05 05:49 AM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

you can get whatever % you want... most good places can make it inhouse even. and i would really suggest against getting the 20%, youll be throwing your money out right there in ny, since youll be forced to scrape it off after a few months tops.

#177231 - 22/10/05 08:13 PM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just about the best window tint I've run accross is DREI by Huper Optik.
Cuts Solar Energy by 70%
Cuts InfraRed by 98%
Cuts UV by >99.9%
Visible light Transmission - 35%

http://www.huperoptikusa.com/products_klasse.cfm

I've had it on the front windows of two cars here in Phoenix area and it really stops the Blast Furnace Effect from coming through the driver and passenger side windows.

#177232 - 30/10/05 05:07 AM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had my local shop match mine and it turned out great. I'm not a glass conosseuir but he said there is a code either on the glass or the tag inside the door jam that specifies the degree of tint. Don't know if he's correct on that one but it sounded good to me.

I was pulled over once and was questioned about it. I simply said that I bought the vehicle that way in a different state and town. He didn't have his "tint meter" with him, thankfully. He wanted to give me a fine in the worse way but he couldn't prove it. I've always tinted my windows and the X has been the only vehicle that I was ever questioned about. My guess is because it looks pretty bad ass compared to a pick-up!

#177233 - 02/11/05 07:45 AM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

i was lucky as hell. the other day when i picked up my new Xterra it had the fronts match tinted to the back. the salesman said if i didnt like it hed have them remove it. i was like hell no haha. its cool. and best parts were it was free and i didnt even ask for it

#177234 - 02/11/05 08:08 PM Re: window tint
sean keary Offline

Loc: rockville centre new york
i live in ny and i just went to the local car shop and they matched it perfectly to the factory tint

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal