2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#177235 - 19/01/06 10:21 AM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by reksav:
and i would really suggest against getting the 20%, youll be throwing your money out right there in ny, since youll be forced to scrape it off after a few months tops.
I had 20s on my Maxima, and I never got bothered, even when I was pulled over for something else. But, lately NYC is ticketing everyone for everything, so I'd be weary. But, I'm still going to go ahead and get my fronts 20'd. Anything higher isn't even worth the money, because what's the point of having tinted windows if you can still be seen?

#177236 - 28/01/06 06:34 PM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know what the deal is with Window tint laws. I guess it's another pain in the ass thing to give us tickets over.

#177237 - 28/01/06 07:36 PM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tint laws are the result of bad apples ruining it for everyone else. The real reason for tint laws is of course so a police officer can see when some dirtbag is raising a 9mm at them on the side of the road at a traffic stop. If your tint is "illegal" by your state's standards the best thing to do is roll down your windows when stopped by an officer...of course if you are being stopped for a tint violation this won't really help and you will be asked to roll them up for an inspection.

#177238 - 29/01/06 06:25 AM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by reksav:
youll be throwing your money out right there in ny, since youll be forced to scrape it off after a few months tops.
Maybe in Rochester, but I've had all my cars with 20% except for the Xterra which is 18%. Never had a problem. Just don't drive like an ass and give a cop a reason to pull you over, and you'll be fine.

#177239 - 29/01/06 06:27 PM Re: window tint
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am a cop, and some tints are just way to much on face, and thats is your reason to stop and figure out it the person is up to something. I mean as long as your not 16-17 driving a shit box tinted around the same area all night and hanging out with the "usual suspects", other then that I really wouldnt care if you have it on, but I am not as aggressive as other guys I work with.

The law on license plates in Mass is if you are issued two, you are required to have two. Also a primary offense and you can be pulled over for it. You also will not pass inspection without it. Unless you know the guy inspecting it...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal