Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#177500 - 23/05/07 05:33 AM White Paint Problem Solved
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
The paint on my white 2002 X has been an aggravation lately. Despite best efforts to keep it clean and waxed, the paint would get gray and dingy, with stubborn black streaks down from the windows. A guy named Mike Phillips described it well in an online article about white paint problems:

"I’m not talking about the kind of dirt you can wash off the surface with a wash mitt and car soap. I’m talking about deep down into the pores grungy. The paint on both of the white cars was so dirty they had what I can only describe as a dingy, gray finish. It was a translucent gray cloudiness on all of the top surfaces of the paint."

Short of a professional polishing job, which is too expensive to have done very often, nothing I'd tried worked until now. With no expectations, I decided to try Kit Scratch Out and it stripped the gunk off in a hurry. Followed up with Meguiars wax and my truck looks like new.

Scratch Out also works wonders on headlight lenses and the plastic covering the gauges, leaving both crystal clear. [ThumbsUp]

#177501 - 04/06/07 07:10 AM Re: White Paint Problem Solved
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks man i have had such a problem keeping my 04 Xterra clean. this stuff helped a lot

#177502 - 04/06/07 07:35 AM Re: White Paint Problem Solved
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by Gearykh:
Thanks man i have had such a problem keeping my 04 Xterra clean. this stuff helped a lot
Awesome, glad I could help and welcome to XOC. [Wave]

I've been on the board for 7 years and can't even add up the money, time, and aggravation it's saved me, not to mention the added level of confidence I've gained about doing work on my X.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal