Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#178102 - 29/07/04 06:44 AM Scratches on interior plastic
Anonymous
Unregistered

For scratches on the interior plastic parts (i.e. armrests, dash, around AC vents and stereo) is there a way to "buff" them out and match them with the rest.

I just got my first X, and totally love it, but so far am disapointed with how easily it scratches, mostly due to the amount of interior plastic.

#178103 - 29/07/04 09:39 AM Re: Scratches on interior plastic
Pumpkinhead Offline

Loc: Canada
The interior plastic doesn't buff too easily - some's painted, some's pretty hard stuff. Call it character...

#178104 - 29/07/04 11:29 AM Re: Scratches on interior plastic
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm all for character, but I've only had this thing for 2 days. I was hoping the new pretty vehicle to monster truck transition would be a little less abrupt. I got in it this morning and closed the door and my watch scratched the armrest. I was like, "what?" My accord would have flipped me off before it scratched that easy.

There's gotta be some sort of sealer to wipe on it to blend in or something like that. Anyone have any ideas?

#178105 - 31/07/04 07:23 PM Re: Scratches on interior plastic
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had a cardboard box scratch mine, it amazes me how easly the plastic marks up. Armor All seems to blend it in... Good luck!

#178106 - 02/08/04 09:55 AM Re: Scratches on interior plastic
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks PB, Armor All actually did a surprisingly good job at blending the majority of the cracks. I did a serious detail job yesterday and it looks better than when I pulled it off the lot, literally. The dealer's idea of an "outstanding detail job" didn't even include removing the roof rack (wtf?).

Anywho, dude in service somehow managed to perfecly blend some heavy duty scratches in the armrest without replacing it. I'm gonna have to remember to ask him how he did that when I go back Wed.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal