Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#178145 - 25/08/03 10:13 AM Frisbee Damage to Hood
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
I parked too close to the field and a frisbee skidded onto my hood. Initially, I didn't know there was a scuff, cause my X had Yosemite dirt, and Santa Cruz mountain dirt all over it from recent camping/hiking trips. I washed the X this weekend and found the scuff. Not to big, just bugs me that I can see it.

Any recommendations for some sort of wax or buff to cover it up or fill it in. I used some of that magic infomercal stuff a few years ago on my Honda and it covered up all the random scuffs on my hood really well. It was also cool watching the water bead off in the rain. But I am weary of using that infomercial stuff again.

Any recommendations for some sort of wax or buff to cover it up or fill it in.

#178146 - 25/08/03 12:24 PM Re: Frisbee Damage to Hood
Olegkha Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Just drive through Mud again
you sad you did not see the scuff when it was all muddy

wink

#178147 - 25/08/03 08:08 PM Re: Frisbee Damage to Hood
Anonymous
Unregistered

I used this stuff called GS-27 when I had some scuffmarks on my X. It works pretty well, if the scuffs are superficial enough. The scuffmark came out very easily. I wouldn't recommend it for dark cars cause it could leave swirl marks- but since (like me) you have a silver ice, it shouldn't be a problem. You can buy it at Pep Boys.

*Note*- I wouldn't use this stuff if the area you are trying to cover is larger than the palm of your hand. Also, try and test in an inconspicuous area before hand to see if your paint job is affected.

#178148 - 26/08/03 08:20 AM Re: Frisbee Damage to Hood
Anonymous
Unregistered

I recently got some character marks on the side of my black X and used Meguiar's Scratch X and it worked really well. I can still sort of see the marks, but only if I'm really looking. It probably wouldn't work for deeper scratches. Follow up with Meguiar's wax and you should be good to go.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal