Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#179578 - 14/05/01 03:11 PM Zaino Review
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Since there's been some disagreement about Zaino on this board, I'll put in my two cents. That stuff is, without question, the best stuff I've ever used... And I've tried darn near everything.

If you spend any time on other discussion boards, especially ones for sports cars... Vettes, Porsches or wherever you find car owners even more anal than us, you will quickly see it's the #1 choice. And that's coming from real owners; not advertising. That was why I decided to try it. Like the rest of you, I'm a skeptic. But I've just heard too much good about it not to try.

Yes Cygnus, I know your horror story, but I'm thinking there was some kind of problem. Mine didn't take long to dry (they do recommend you wait 30 minutes before removal). I let mine sit an hour just to be safe. Also, since I wasn't sure what to expect I only got the Z1 and Z2 and skipped the other steps. So here's what I did:

First I washed the car with Ivory to get the old wax off. I did that because I clayed it also and that was recommended before claying.

Then I clayed it and wiped it down.

Then I applied the Z1. You only have to do the Z1 the first time. After that you just use the Z2. You apply the Z1 VERY thin and maybe that's where some of the drying problems come in. You don't even have to rub in circular motion like with wax. Just wipe it on.

Right after the Z1 (don't wipe off the Z1), you apply the Z2. Same way--don't worry about circular strokes--just wipe it on. You don't even have to be very careful about getting it on other surfaces. It leaves no white dust. I waited an hour and wiped it off.

The finished product was unbelievable. It looks incredible! And rub the back of your hand on it and you won't believe how it feels. Part of that may be due to the claying. I'm completely blown away, not just by the results, but by how easy it was. Especially after the first coat (Z1). It takes only minutes to put on and it's extremely easy to get back off. I did have to use Back to Black on the door handles, but there is no white dust anywhere else.

If I sound like an infomercial... well, let's just say I'd probably star in one for free.

I'm very excited to hear some other stories about it. But please, if you try it, follow the directions. I'm thinking this is where the problems come in. Also, it was only about 55 degrees when I did it (though it was sunny) so I don't think the drying problems are because of cold.

------------------
Eric Konarske & Lara, my X
'01 Solar Yellow XE 3 Pk. 4x4

#179579 - 15/05/01 11:19 AM Re: Zaino Review
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
I was told the drying problems are due to humidity. But when I applied my Zaino is was pretty much a normal day so I dunno wtf was up. The Zaino guys said that sometimes you might have to let it dry overnight, then they told me to put a fan on it (no way).I'm sure there are plenty of folks who like the stuff and if it works for you then great. My .02 is that there are way too many steps involved, it doesn't apply very easily (to me anyway), and its pretty expensive for something that Meguiars does for 1/2 the price. But if it works for you then stick with it.

------------------
01 SE 4x4
Silver Ice

#179580 - 15/05/01 11:59 AM Re: Zaino Review
ILUVMYX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Cygnus-X1:
My .02 is that there are way too many steps involved

I agree that if you do all the steps it can get to be a pain. But the only step that needs to be done after the first time is the Z2.

------------------

#179581 - 15/05/01 01:35 PM Re: Zaino Review
splitcane Offline

Loc: greensboro NC USA
Zaino is simply the best polish I have ever used. Every successive use gets a glassier shine. I also used it on the bumpers and wheels and have not had nearly as much pollen or dirt adhering to the surfaces. You DO need to let it dry first before you wipe it off. A little bit of the polish goes a long way.

#179582 - 15/05/01 02:03 PM Re: Zaino Review
Mike Holmes Offline

Loc: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Do they actually sell it in stores? I can't even find a place to order it online (only print out and mail in an order form)?

------------------
Mine:'01 Solar Yellow XE w/ lots of toys
Hers:'01 SuperBlack XE, 99% stock.
Urban Assault Xterra.com :Updated 4.12.01

#179583 - 15/05/01 02:07 PM Re: Zaino Review
ILUVMYX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike H:
Do they actually sell it in stores? I can't even find a place to order it online (only print out and mail in an order form)?

As of this moment you have to mail them a check. I have a feeling that's going to change, but for now... It didn't take very long to show up though. I did see a Corvette related website that was selling it on their website, but I have no idea where I saw that.

------------------

#179584 - 15/05/01 02:43 PM Re: Zaino Review
Mike Holmes Offline

I saw that same 'vette site but you can't order it online there either. I want it quickly but am moving in a few weeks and don't want any shipping hassles. I guess I will have to wait. Gee, how much rust can accumulate in a month's time

------------------
Hers:'01 SuperBlack XE, 99% stock.

#179585 - 15/05/01 03:00 PM Re: Zaino Review
ILUVMYX Offline

Quote:
I saw that same 'vette site but you can't order it online there either.

I was just talking to my dad about that. He's retired and looking for a way to make some extra cash. He's been talking to the guy who owns Zaino and apparently they do want local distributors. But they don't want it being sold on the internet. There is a distributor here in MI. Perhaps you can find one local to you.

------------------

#179586 - 16/05/01 12:49 PM Re: Zaino Review
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Why, in this day and age, would you not want your product to be sold on the internet? That I just don't get. They'd probably move twice as much product if they set up a website with secure ordering. Not only would they get repeat buyers, they'd probably get a lot of impulse buyers too. That's one of the reasons I always thought Zaino was a little shady.

------------------
01 SE 4x4
Silver Ice

#179587 - 16/05/01 03:57 PM Re: Zaino Review
ILUVMYX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Cygnus-X1:
Why, in this day and age, would you not want your product to be sold on the internet?

Perhaps because there is a lot of stuff sold on the net that IS shady?? Or perhaps because with word of mouth their product has already been spreading like wildfire and they're having a hard time keeping up with production. I don't know their reasons. What I do know is unlike most products these days, Zaino's success is due almost exclusively to word of mouth. I don't know if or how much they advertise (I've never seen any), but it certainly isn't the reason for their success. I can't imagine a greater endorsement to a products quality than that.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ILUVMYX (edited 05-16-2001).]

#179588 - 17/05/01 09:48 AM Re: Zaino Review
Y02X Offline

Loc: Michigan...Land of humidity, H...
First, Zaino IS the best stuff.
Second, Al Zaino runs this business out of his "garage" and it would be hard to keep up with demand if it was sold on the Net.
Third, this stuff is expensive enough, adding Credit Cards and secure web site orders are more expensive for Al. Whay would he do it? He makes more money without that extra overhead.
Fourth, if you want some more of your questions answered on Zaino by everyday users, check out http://www.camaroz28.com/messagebd/ and go to the "Show and Shine" section. Just about every topic has Zaino in the subject.
Fifth, my Camaro has never looked beeter.
Sixth, Eric, WHAT'S UP!! I got three coats on now, what are you up to?
Seventh, I'm out. Thanks.

------------------
-Matt

#179589 - 17/05/01 09:53 AM Re: Zaino Review
ILUVMYX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Y02X:
Sixth, Eric, WHAT'S UP!! I got three coats on now, what are you up to?

Hey Matt. I'm still stuck at one coat. You have a garage you lucky bastard. This is Michigan, you pick your wax days carefully if you don't have a garage.

------------------

#179590 - 17/05/01 02:46 PM Re: Zaino Review
Mike Holmes Offline

I found another clay product manufacturer, IN A STORE EVEN!! I found 3M's Perfect-It III Cleaner Clay at an auto paint supply store. Give a place like that a try because I couldn't find Meguiar's or Zaino's anywhere. Now that I know Zaino is a "garage" business, I am glad I didn't order it from them.

------------------
Hers:'01 Super Black XE, 99% stock.

#179591 - 17/05/01 03:32 PM Re: Zaino Review
splitcane Offline

Loc: greensboro NC USA
Didn't Billy Gates start his "biness" in a garage ?? Ya gotta start it some place!!

------------------

#179592 - 17/05/01 08:43 PM Re: Zaino Review
ILUVMYX Offline

Quote:
Now that I know Zaino is a "garage" business, I am glad I didn't order it from them.

Yeah, it's probably a good idea you didn't. The so called following Zaino has is really a front designed to con you out of 30 bucks.

------------------

#179593 - 17/05/01 09:28 PM Re: Zaino Review
Mike Holmes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ILUVMYX:
Yeah, it's probably a good idea you didn't. The so called following Zaino has is really a front designed to con you out of 30 bucks.

Exactly my point, thanks.

------------------
Hers:'01 Super Black XE, 99% stock.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal