2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#179885 - 30/06/02 09:58 AM Re: WAX
Linda Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Hey there,
Thank you Dave for the information. We have had our X for a week now and are truly in love with it.
Two of our friends had one so did my homework before the purchase. Will try Mother's paste and see what happens.
Again, thanks for the info.
Linda

#179886 - 30/06/02 12:01 PM Re: WAX
JP Offline

Quote:
We have had our X for a week now and are truly in love with it.
Hiya Linda,

Got mine about two weeks ago, I too absolutely LOVE this Machine. laugh

This weekend I started my Car-Care program for the X after spending a couple of days reading and posting questions at this site, called Autopia . The site is soooo full of GREAT info... I shudder to think of all the mistakes I've made through the ages on all my past vehicles. [Uh Oh !] If you have a little time check it out. All the folks there are super-nice, and newbies (like me) are always welcome and encouraged to participate. cool

Oh... and check-out the pictures section too. Some of these folks have made their car finishes look like glass. eek

Anyway, enjoy your new X, and welcome to XOC. laugh

#179887 - 30/06/02 07:14 PM Re: WAX
Gene Averett Offline

If you are looking for some great wax/cleaner and you don't want to work you arm to death rubbing then check out a product called "Protect All". I have been using it for about 5 years now on my Honda cbr1000 and my 01 Silver Ice X and boy does it look good. Here is the web address for their site. Protect all

#179888 - 01/07/02 05:33 AM Re: WAX
DaveDatsun Offline

Loc: Sahuarita, AZ
Linda -
Some follow-up hints. You have to be *very* carefull with black paint - unless you like swirls. Work in the shade. Wash from the top down and use the two bucket method. Rinse your sponge or mitt in a bucket of plain water before going to the car wash bucket. This way you will not bring dirty saopy water back onto the paint.
Apply wax with a foam or terry covered foam pad. Work in straight line motions. Remove with 100% cotton terry towels. Furrin towels may say 100% on the label but don't trust'em. Remove the label and any edge stitching - any synthetic fiber/thread can scratch your paint.
If waxing the entire vehicle at one time is a bit much do just a portion after every wash. Do the hood and front fenders one time, maybe the doors next time and so on. This way, after 3 to 5 washings the entire vehicle is waxed but the effort was cut into pieces.
Get a 3x5 spiral note book to keep track of any maintenance procedure (even wash and wax), gas usage, oil changes and anything else. An easy fit in the glove box, console or that little pocket on the side of the passenger seat.

dave and xtoy - writing is easier than remembering

#179889 - 03/07/02 07:03 PM Re: WAX
Sonny*Daze Offline

Loc: Western North Carolina
I just waxed mine with some Zymol wax, and must say that it looks great! I don't know how long it will last, but according to a friend it's what he uses on his show cars. I asked him if it lasted long, and he told me, " Well I don't really know, because my cars aren't exposed to the weather". I should have realized that, so where's my sign? [Wave]

#179890 - 05/07/02 06:31 PM Re: WAX
c.chang Offline

Loc: Northern, VA
Anybody listen to Goss' Garage? He said to use warm peanut butter to remove wax from the trim and door handles. I tried today and it really worked....
C
Warning: Use creamy, not chunky! laugh

#179891 - 05/07/02 06:55 PM Re: WAX
SpenceJT Offline

Loc: Madison WI
Am I to assume that this also precludes the use of "Hybrid" products such as the pre-mixed "Peanutbutter & Jelly"? [LOL]

#179892 - 06/07/02 10:26 PM Re: WAX
c.chang Offline

Loc: Northern, VA
anybody else tried it?
C [LOL]

#179893 - 07/07/02 07:10 AM Re: WAX
SpenceJT Offline

Loc: Madison WI
Sorry, couldn't help myself. laugh

I had heard of the peanutbutter trick for removing stickerts etc. I'll have to give it a try.

My only concern is my wife. In her world peanutbutter belongs in the kitchen, and not on automotive products.
[Freak]

She already thinks I'm a nut about my Xterra. I wouldn't want to confirm her suspisions. [LOL]

#179894 - 10/07/02 12:09 PM Re: WAX
XTario Offline

Loc: Canada,QC
Don't any of you guys use Zaino Bro.s Polish.
I know it takes a few steps and drying time..but its the longest and strongest type polish 'wax' around.
I ve used all the Meguires, Zynmols. Mothers, Turtle wax..and NOTHING EVER out lasts my few coats of Zaino. Im talking months here...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal