2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#180242 - 07/03/06 03:17 PM Re: Next Gen X's look....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally SAID by PonyBoy:
He must be jealous
:p :p

#180243 - 08/03/06 10:42 AM Re: Next Gen X's look....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Some thoughts...

Having owned both an '04 before trading it in for an '05, I can tell you that other than the design concept of these two rigs, the differences are quite frankly - night and day. It's really comparing two completely different vehicles. Only thing that remained intact (and as they say in the commercial) - SAME SOUL.

Which brings me to my next thought, those of you saying the new X is a 'luxury SUV' clearly have not test driven it or seen it up close. It didn't win Motor Trends' 'SUV of the year' for being another Range Rover.

I also don't get the folks that are saying that they confuse the new X with the Pathfinders. Pathfinders look like Fronty's from the front bearing little resemblence to the X. If anything, the X stands out alone from the Nissan Truck/SUV lineup because while Pathys are joined at the hip with Frontys and Armadas are joined with the Titans, the X is the only rig that stands out with its relatively unique design.

Two major beefs with my 04 that they corrected in the Gen 2's: 1) I'm not a massive guy (6ft tall), but that interior got me claustrophobic after awhile. Don't tell me you guys aren't sick of fighting for elbow space with your passengers on the center console. 2) The anemic V6 that came with it. [ThumbsDown]

I'll re-emphasis my inital thought - from the chassis, engine, features...two completely different trucks. But an X is an X. '00 or '06.

Let's learn to embrace our differences and play nice. laugh

#180244 - 08/03/06 02:07 PM Re: Next Gen X's look....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Preach it, Brother! Hallelujah, I have seen the light!

#180245 - 09/03/06 03:34 PM Re: Next Gen X's look....
Anonymous
Unregistered

glad i could help...my office doors are always open. laugh

#180246 - 09/03/06 07:23 PM Re: Next Gen X's look....
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like the look of the Gen1's but I NEVER would have bought one due to the lack of power (I had a 2003 4Runner with a V8 before) Once I took an 06 for a test drive I traded my 4Runner in on the spot and took my baby home smile The V6 in the Gen2 is amazing I guarantee it would smoke my 4runner in a race.

#180247 - 10/03/06 12:24 PM Re: Next Gen X's look....
Anonymous
Unregistered

What made the 00-04's special to me is nothing in the Nissan lineup, well in the states that is wink , looked like it. Now the Pathfinder and the Xterra (And to some extent the Armada) look identical to me. Except the Pathfinder looks a helluva lot better IMO. I'm just getting old and cranky though, I want more room and a softer ride. I'm starting to understand why so many elderly people drive Grand Marquises. They are cheap AND comfortable.

#180248 - 26/03/06 10:45 PM Re: Next Gen X's look....
Anonymous
Unregistered

the new gen is larger, more powerful, and simply put, more masculine.

#180249 - 28/03/06 10:08 PM Re: Next Gen X's look....
Anonymous
Unregistered

the 2nd gens aren't bad looking. but i do love the way my '01 looks. the 1st gen have a classic look to them, meaning that they've aged well. the 1st gen looks as good today as it did when it wad first introduced. i just don't think the the new x's are going to look as good 5 or 6 years down the road, as the old x's look today.

#180250 - 28/03/06 10:29 PM Re: Next Gen X's look....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by juslovit:
the new gen is larger, more powerful, and simply put, more masculine.
1. ok
2. sure
3. but it's still a chick car :p

#180251 - 29/03/06 07:20 AM Re: Next Gen X's look....
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like some things about the 2nd gen X, but I don't really like that it's not based on a light truck anymore. It's basically a completely different vehicle. Don't like the front, either. I'm sticking with my 2000.

#180252 - 29/03/06 08:08 AM Re: Next Gen X's look....
Anonymous
Unregistered

The more I see the 2nd gen's, the more I realize the similarities between the two...when I first saw one I was blown away by how different it looked, but I think that was more a pre-concieved notion...the attributes of the 2nd gen seem to be more pronouced then the 1st but they are still the same IMHO...I wouldn't trade my '00 for anything...except an '06 OR that is. 265 hp awith all the other goodies from the factory laugh

#180253 - 29/03/06 01:08 PM Re: Next Gen X's look....
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by IamThFEAR:
...What made the 00-04's special to me is nothing in the Nissan lineup, well in the states that is wink , looked like it. Now the Pathfinder and the Xterra (And to some extent the Armada) look identical to me. Except the Pathfinder looks a helluva lot better...
Yeah...Nissan's design of the 00-04's Xterra's were a "Back to the Basics SUV"...now, the 05-06's looks like any other SUV out there...The exterior looks Sucky but I have to admit, the bigger engine and the option of having a Rear Locker Kicks...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#180254 - 31/03/06 06:03 PM Re: Next Gen X's look....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, the locker is a kicker. I wish they kept the old body style but added a locker, upped the horsepower a little and maybe threw in those cool bumper steps too.

#180255 - 03/04/06 10:39 AM Re: Next Gen X's look....
Anonymous
Unregistered

I prefer the aggressive styling and more muscular, meaner looks of the new model. The old X looks good too, but is smallish and feminine-looking to me. Which looks great when a girl is driving one, but for me I prefer a bit more of the muscular look.

I think the old X is similar in appearance to the new 4runner and Murano. That is, very curvaceous and lean in profile, more like a Ferrari in appearance than a truck. In contrast, the new X also looks stylish, but also retains the muscular appearance of a truck which I think the previous model lacked.

Some great shots of the next gen: wink

#180256 - 14/04/06 07:04 PM Re: Next Gen X's look....
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a 2nd Gen but I still think the first generation Xterra's look the best. They were and in some cases still are a real head turner truck - especially from behind with the extra tall rear end (due to the sloped roofline) that makes you think of car camping and all the junk you can strap to them.. I remember first time sitting in traffic and seeing an X a few cars ahead, a little taller than all the other cars around it, with that distinctive roof line and roof rack and wishing I had one of them..

The thing I don't like about the 2nd gen is the proportion of the rack to the body (seems too narrow) and I'm not that big a fan of the way the back windows are shorter than the passenger windows. It makes the back end of the X look like it steps up but isn't necessarily any bigger inside (just sits higher) - also adds to that bloated from behind look people have mentioned. The pathfinder has a much better profile I think.

Unlike others though I do think the interior of the new X is far superior to the old X - the 1st gens looked like Nissan wasn't really sure what they wanted to do style wise, esp with the 02 - 04 guages that look like a sports car or something, and that funky looking manual trans shifter being too long and skinny..

#180257 - 15/04/06 02:33 AM Re: Next Gen X's look....
Anonymous
Unregistered

An X is an X. Either way, both generations rock.

But, am I the only one who thinks that since the rear gate is so big, they could have made the window so it can open too?

I love all the XTERRAs. From 2000 to 2006 and beyond.

B.

#180258 - 15/04/06 03:11 PM Re: Next Gen X's look....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, that would be bad ass

#180259 - 15/04/06 07:34 PM Re: Next Gen X's look....
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by maximaXterra:
The thing I don't like about the 2nd gen is the proportion of the rack to the body (seems too narrow)...

Yeah, kind of like this... wink

...and that funky looking manual trans shifter being too long and skinny..
One of the funniest X-related things ever was the description one reviewer used for that shift lever: "It looks like it would be right at home on a Czechoslovakian bus." [LOL]

#180260 - 27/04/06 10:24 AM Re: Next Gen X's look....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have to say I loved the look of the old... before the new one came out. :p I would have bought it too, but when I did research I just could not get over the anemic engine. Holding off was a good decision for me.

I also think this is a silly topic... I have a friend that just loves fat chicks... is that wrong?

#180261 - 17/05/06 08:18 AM Re: Next Gen X's look....
Anonymous
Unregistered

I love the the ones! They look great

#180262 - 17/05/06 10:16 AM Re: Next Gen X's look....
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
My only complaint are the wheels on the non-OR ones. The OR ones look really, really nice mainly due to the cool wheel tire combo, the others are well..just..blah.

Gotta love the 265 Bhp though!!!!

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal