Greetings,
I'll probably be hitting 105k sometime early to mid June. I'm planning to have a local dealer replace the following items:

Timing belt
all other belts
water pump
spark plugs and plug wires
distributor cap
rear lsd fluid
upper/lower radiator hose replacement
radiator flush
thermostat
Most everything else I do myself.

Please let me know what you think about this:
I'm planning to fax a letter to all the local dealers with-in about a one-hour radius from here requesting a firm estimate/quote for all the work to be done at once.
I'm also requesting all labor and parts to be itemized. Hopefully, the competitive edge will be the labor reductions noted for certain items easily accessible during the timing chain replacement, e.g. belts, hoses, water pump, etc.
Also, if applicable, include any costs associated with a loaner/rental car while the work is being performed.
Because all the items are considered routine maintenance, a firm quote should not be a problem.
I'm just curious to see if there will be a cost difference between the dealers.
Both of my Nissan vehicles (Xterra and Quest) are 2001 models. Both have the VG33 motor and use the same oil filter. The filters and other routine maintenance items will also be purchased from this dealer in the future as well.
It might be worth it. Has anyone had any luck shopping service between the dealers?