this weekend I installed a new steering system on my Xterra. Unfortunately during the install I failed to mark the position of my pitman arm before removing it. Any how here's my problem: After the install I had the truck towed to Firestone for an alignment, the toe in/out was way too off to safely drive it there. Got the truck back and on the ride home I noticed that my turning radius to the passengers side was significantly less than that to the drivers side. I could turn the wheel a full 1 1/2 turns to the left and only 4/5 of a turn to the right. When I got home I took a look underneath and saw that the passengers side tie rod was much shorter than the drivers side. I am assuming that this was the result of my not puting the pitman arm back on in the correct position, I made my best guess and put it on. I also assumed that this wouldn't matter as I thought it would be addressed by the alignment.

So my question is: If I remove the pitman arm again and adjust the tie rods to the factory specs of 11.72" how do I know that I have the steering wheel in the correct position to put the pitman arm back on and have an equal amout of turning radius in both direstions?