shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Northern eXposure Run 2022 @ Rausch
by Tom
24/11/21 09:44 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#202980 - 03/09/03 06:50 PM Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
BurgPath Offline
Member

Registered: 25/05/02
Posts: 2146
Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Great, another Hollywood baby.....

CNN article
_________________________
Kevin
- 2008.5 Titan SE 4x4
Burgy --- Nissan Offroad Association of the Southeast

Top
#202981 - 03/09/03 07:26 PM Re: Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
Lincoln Offline
Member

Registered: 30/01/03
Posts: 3221
Loc: Wisconsin
Pretty stupid...and I am a huge Depp fan. I still think he is a great actor. At least he is making these comments and not living in America, I guess that makes him less hypocrytical.
_________________________
Schleprock, Schleprock...stronger than steel!

Top
#202982 - 03/09/03 08:10 PM Re: Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
20-100 Offline
Member

Registered: 01/08/01
Posts: 319
Loc: Quebec, QC, Canada
Why having an bad opinion of his original country make someone an hypocrite ?

He does exactly what he says... He dont like USA, he left for another country... I think he deserves some respect for that. Even if we dont agree with him.

Top
#202983 - 03/09/03 08:19 PM Re: Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
Mobycat Offline
Member
*****

Registered: 12/09/00
Posts: 8374
Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
He's a little out there, anyway. I'm not surprised in the least he has that opinion.

Though he does have a point about French Fries. Didn't they originate in Belgium?

What about German Chocolate Cake? Maybe they should have changed that to United Chocolate Cake?

Sorry...but doing something that petty really does make them look stupid - they should be spending that time working on other stuff...like real legislative stuff.
_________________________
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

Top
#202984 - 03/09/03 08:54 PM Re: Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
Lincoln Offline
Member

Registered: 30/01/03
Posts: 3221
Loc: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally posted by 20-100:
Why having an bad opinion of his original country make someone an hypocrite ?

He does exactly what he says... He dont like USA, he left for another country... I think he deserves some respect for that. Even if we dont agree with him.
That is exactly what I said! Read my post! The actors that sit there and talk shit, but have nothing to offer when asked what should be done to make things better...those are the people that piss me off. They have gotten rich because of this country, now they live here, get richer, and bitch about it!
_________________________
Schleprock, Schleprock...stronger than steel!

Top
#202985 - 03/09/03 09:44 PM Re: Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
NY Madman Offline
Member
*

Registered: 09/05/02
Posts: 5232
Loc: Florida
He's fucked up. He has said so much anti-American shit over the last year, it's hard to keep up with it.

But... he doesn't mind coming here to make millions to support his lifestyle in the South of France.

Remember a month or so ago he said if his kids wanted to do drugs he would buy the drugs for them so they would not have to take chances buying the stuff sold on the street?

I liked him in "Donnie Brasco" but fuck that. I'm sure some other actor could have pulled it off also.

The guy is a total piece of shit and a hypocritical dirtbag.

Top
#202986 - 03/09/03 10:19 PM Re: Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
Claus Offline
Member

Registered: 05/07/02
Posts: 4373
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
He's fucked up. He has said so much anti-American shit over the last year, it's hard to keep up with it.

But... he doesn't mind coming here to make millions to support his lifestyle in the South of France.

Remember a month or so ago he said if his kids wanted to do drugs he would buy the drugs for them so they would not have to take chances buying the stuff sold on the street?

I liked him in "Donnie Brasco" but fuck that. I'm sure some other actor could have pulled it off also.

The guy is a total piece of shit and a hypocritical dirtbag.
But a supertalented actor with an opinion....
_________________________
Sharam can have my sister

Top
#202987 - 03/09/03 10:33 PM Re: Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
NY Madman Offline
Member
*

Registered: 09/05/02
Posts: 5232
Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Claus A Christensen:

But a supertalented actor with an opinion....
What talent? I've never seen him do anything some other actor couldn't do just as well.

Actors are a dime a dozen. Most never get a chance to prove themselves.

Why do people in this society worship actors so much? I don't get it. Many are reprehensible scum.

You like him Claus because he hates America. That's all.

This guy is scum. Let him act in France if he hates his country so much. What will he say then? The French are mad puppy's with underarm odor?

Top
#202988 - 04/09/03 05:11 AM Re: Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
off2cjb Offline
Member

Registered: 23/10/00
Posts: 4557
He happened to say this before the war started I believe. I admit that I think he is one of our better actors. He is very talented. He also took his family and left to live in France. Good for him, a man who sticks by his committments.

Top
#202989 - 04/09/03 05:21 AM Re: Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
MBFlyerfan Offline
Member

Registered: 30/04/01
Posts: 4450
Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
He happened to say this before the war started I believe. I admit that I think he is one of our better actors. He is very talented. He also took his family and left to live in France. Good for him, a man who sticks by his committments.
While I do not agree with Depp's opinions, I feel he is honorable in doing what he said he would do. Unlike hypocrite Alec Baldwin. I am still waiting for Baldwin to leave, he said he would, but he didn't.
_________________________
Chirpa Chirpa Bockala!

Top
#202990 - 04/09/03 05:41 AM Re: Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
Lincoln Offline
Member

Registered: 30/01/03
Posts: 3221
Loc: Wisconsin
There is not another actor that could have pulled off Hunter S Thomson in Fear and Loathing! There isn't another actor that could have pulled off George Jung as well as he did in Blow either. He is a great actor that is saying some fucked up things. Just because he is talking shit, doesn't mean he is a shitty actor all of a sudden. I think what he is saying is fucked up and shitty. It's too bad.
_________________________
Schleprock, Schleprock...stronger than steel!

Top
#202991 - 04/09/03 05:51 AM Re: Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
austinbrtndr Offline
Member

Registered: 05/01/03
Posts: 1872
Loc: ATX
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:
Originally posted by Claus A Christensen:

But a supertalented actor with an opinion....
What talent? I've never seen him do anything some other actor couldn't do just as well.

Actors are a dime a dozen. Most never get a chance to prove themselves.

Why do people in this society worship actors so much? I don't get it. Many are reprehensible scum.

You like him Claus because he hates America. That's all.

This guy is scum. Let him act in France if he hates his country so much. What will he say then? The French are mad puppy's with underarm odor?
Obviously you haven't seen "Pirates of the Carribean" yet... or "Benny and Joon"... or "Fear and Loathing..." the guy is a genius actor! I just can't see Tom Cruise or Sylvester Stallone playing any of those parts... On another note, I'm sure you've never said anything bad about another country, have you Madman?
_________________________
XOC
Everything you need, if you don't mind the b.s.

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

Top
#202992 - 04/09/03 06:19 AM Re: Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
Trihead Offline
Member

Registered: 09/10/02
Posts: 1669
Loc: Austin Texas
NYMM, I am curious how people talking trash about the government differs from your talking trash about the goverment. Obviously there are problems and the solutions are were the diffences in opinion come in but if I am not mistaken you have share opinions on how screwed up the US Government is. I actually agree with you 100%.

Top
#202993 - 04/09/03 06:42 AM Re: Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
babyX Offline
Member

Registered: 20/04/01
Posts: 2852
Everybody has an opinion, and everybody's entitled to their opinion. Just so happens any "celebrity" who has an opinion ends up sharing it with millions of people, whether they intend to or not. I doubt his remarks were premeditated. Some interviewer asked, and Depp let it fly. So what? I'd do the same thing in his shoes.
_________________________
Whatevs.

Top
#202994 - 04/09/03 06:54 AM Re: Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
Andre the Giant Offline
Member

Registered: 28/06/01
Posts: 2081
Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
Britney Spears mentioned in a recent interview that we should support the president and that she trusts him. Now which one should I agree with???

or


Hmmm....
_________________________
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
--Frank Zappa

Top
#202995 - 04/09/03 07:02 AM Re: Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
Lincoln Offline
Member

Registered: 30/01/03
Posts: 3221
Loc: Wisconsin
She is a stupid bitch whore though that only cares about being a slut so little girls and boys will buy her music.
_________________________
Schleprock, Schleprock...stronger than steel!

Top
#202996 - 04/09/03 07:08 AM Re: Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
daventx Offline
Member

Registered: 01/12/02
Posts: 1002
Loc: Midtown Houston, Texas
He still needs to call Alec Baldwin up and tell him to move. Also take that hack Susan Surrandon with him also.
It just seems funny he is living in a country that could give a rats ass about it's citzens.
Let's see over 11,000 die from heat and some elderly were not dicovered for over 15 days?
I guess the general population there just doesnt care about each other. No one ever thought about "Hummm i havent seen Jean for a few days, wonder if he is ok"?
Yeah great country.
If you hate it here so much then France will take ya.
Make sure you bash us in a country that already hates us and will embrass you for it.
Oh yeah that took big nuts Jonny!
_________________________
www.myspace.com/chrome44

Top
#202997 - 04/09/03 11:47 AM Re: Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
OffroadX Offline
Member

Registered: 17/08/00
Posts: 13682
Loc: Baltimore, MD
You know it was coming...

*yawn*

Brent
_________________________

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

Top
#202998 - 04/09/03 01:49 PM Re: Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
number41 Offline
Member

Registered: 08/09/00
Posts: 2906
Loc: Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
You know it was coming...

*yawn*

Brent
Brent, please feel free to use this smilie at will.
_________________________
-Xavier

Small hands in third world countries make quality products.

Top
#202999 - 05/09/03 04:56 AM Re: Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
xterrapin Offline
Member

Registered: 06/04/01
Posts: 1842
Loc: San Francisco
Why is it that almost anytime anyone speaks in a not-so-"patriotic" way they are immediatly branded as whatever the flag-wavers term is for that day; traitor, sellout, etc.?
Why are you people so afraid of dissent? Dixie Chicks, Michael Moore, Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, Johnny Depp, me, etc. It's always the same patetic points that you guys always bring up too.

"If you don't like it...leave",

"They don't have a problem taking money from us for their crappy movies, music, whatever"

Your responses are so weak, tired and old. I'll say it again; this country was founded on dissent, revolt and free speech. I am sick and fucking tired of being told to shut up, get in line and buy fucking Pepsi! Your demands to silence those that speak out will only make us scream louder, don't you get that? For fucks sake; unemployement is up, stock markets down, soldiers are dying, WTO, IMF and the World Bank are stonger than ever, we now allow advertising in National Parks, civil liberties are being taken away, the earth is "hotter" than ever, Halliburton and Carlyle Group are getting richer and were getting poorer. If now is not the time to speak up, when is?
_________________________
"I came for the soccermommycars but I stayed for the retards."

Top
#203000 - 05/09/03 04:57 AM Re: Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
CPTMIGGS Offline
Member

Registered: 05/09/02
Posts: 518
Loc: Arizona
Clarification from Depp.
Click me
_________________________
Matthew
"Americans need to face the truth about themselves, no matter how pleasant it is"

Top
#203001 - 05/09/03 05:12 AM Re: Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
Lincoln Offline
Member

Registered: 30/01/03
Posts: 3221
Loc: Wisconsin
I believe him. I was surprised to hear what he said in the first place.
_________________________
Schleprock, Schleprock...stronger than steel!

Top
#203002 - 05/09/03 05:26 AM Re: Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
BurgPath Offline
Member

Registered: 25/05/02
Posts: 2146
Loc: Knoxville, Tn
I was as well. It was almost like biting the hand that feeds. A German spin machine at work?
_________________________
Kevin
- 2008.5 Titan SE 4x4
Burgy --- Nissan Offroad Association of the Southeast

Top
#203003 - 05/09/03 06:25 AM Re: Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
Andre the Giant Offline
Member

Registered: 28/06/01
Posts: 2081
Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
Not that I really care what Depp says, but I think his retraction is bogus. Here's a little demonstration for you...

Xterrapin is like a aggressive retarded adult. He's big enough to really hurt you. You never know what to expect around him. I prefer to teach my kids that Xterrapin is a broken man who has gone insane.

The next day....

Oh, I meant no disrespect to Xterrapin, I owe a lot to him. He's young and is still growing. If my comments offended anyone, please don't let it keep you from going to see my next movie.

I don't think Depp is sincere with the apology. That being said, I'll still go to see his movies. He's a great actor. Not very smart about politics and the real world, but a great actor.
_________________________
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
--Frank Zappa

Top
#203004 - 05/09/03 02:16 PM Re: Johnny Depp speaks out on CNN
NY Madman Offline
Member
*

Registered: 09/05/02
Posts: 5232
Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by xterrapin:

Why is it that almost anytime anyone speaks in a not-so-"patriotic" way they are immediatly branded as whatever the flag-wavers term is for that day; traitor, sellout, etc.?
Why are you people so afraid of dissent? Dixie Chicks, Michael Moore, Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, Johnny Depp, me, etc. It's always the same patetic points that you guys always bring up too.

"If you don't like it...leave",

"They don't have a problem taking money from us for their crappy movies, music, whatever"

Your responses are so weak, tired and old. I'll say it again; this country was founded on dissent, revolt and free speech. I am sick and fucking tired of being told to shut up, get in line and buy fucking Pepsi! Your demands to silence those that speak out will only make us scream louder, don't you get that? For fucks sake; unemployement is up, stock markets down, soldiers are dying, WTO, IMF and the World Bank are stonger than ever, we now allow advertising in National Parks, civil liberties are being taken away, the earth is "hotter" than ever, Halliburton and Carlyle Group are getting richer and were getting poorer. If now is not the time to speak up, when is?
No one minds dissent. If he had objections to policy decisions or whatever that would be fine. But insulting the country itself as a whole is hatred for the country. It is only natural for the people of the country to hate him right back. And yes he is a hypocrite.

Fuck You with your flag waver comments. That flag has given you every single thing you own. It has given you your entire life. Out of everyone on this board your mind is without a doubt the most vacuous of any I have seen.

All you do is believe and reprint lies told by other people. All of them hard leftists. Your entire post seems straight out of a Molly Ivins screed.

Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >



shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal