2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 124 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#208452 - 02/10/03 12:38 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
This just makes you more tolerable than say this new WilMac woman. laugh
I'm all man, bitch, and I got you scared.

[LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

#208453 - 02/10/03 12:40 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

I consider myself to be moderate, though I'm sure Madman and Off2 would disagree.
You are definitely left of center... but you are not a leftist. A liberal yeah.. but not a lefty. You occassionally gravitate further to the left. I think it is when you are angry or something or when you attempt to play devil's advocate.

You are a staunch defender of the Democratic Party though.

You do have some type of hatred for Republicans and conservatives. I don't know how you feel about libertarians.
To be honest, I find myself gravitating more toward the libertarian point of view than any of the others. Not that I'm anywhere near them at this point, though. Do as you want, and let me do as I want. (simplification, obviously)
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#208454 - 02/10/03 12:40 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
I don't know how you feel about libertarians.
I think there should be MORE librarians. Books are wonderful. Librarians are my heros.

#208455 - 02/10/03 12:50 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
by the way - not to take this TOTALLY off topic, but I keep forgetting to ask you - what are the Raider's prospects this year? I never hear any Knight news here in VA.
Oh hell, why not? This thread has gone every which direction. Why not talk about my Red Raiders. laugh
As usual, we will be under-rated. Also, this is Emmett's senior year so expect huge things from him. Since we're under-rated, Emmett will have to step up and make major plays to get the NBA scouts to repect him and his ability.
As for the rest of the team, word is our recruits are pretty damn good and should make an immediate impact. No one's really had a chance to see them play since everyone is pretty much new this year. Here's a great place to read and chat about them:

http://insiders8.ezboard.com/fraiderpowerfrm4

All in all, I'd say we're a Sweet 16 team right now (if they're as good as everyone says). How we play as a team will be the difference on how far we go. I can't wait for the season to start so I can see these guys. Now that I live here in Texas again, I'll be sure to catch a few games.
smile

#208456 - 02/10/03 12:51 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
LAME!

I also have a pretty libertarian point of view. I still have some issues with them, but I agree with most of their principles.

#208457 - 02/10/03 01:08 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
NismoXse02 Offline

I just thought of something. WilMac came in claiming he's a Christian, yet our athiest liberals haven't jumped on him like they did us when we came here. Wouldn't you say that's hypocritical of them since they won't attack him for his religious beliefs since he shares the political views as them? [Uh Oh !]
Or maybe they know something we don't. [Huh?]

#208458 - 02/10/03 01:10 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
I just thought of something. WilMac came in claiming he's a Christian, yet our athiest liberals have jumped on him like they did us when we came here. Wouldn't you say that's hypocritical of them since they won't attack him for his religious beliefs since he shares the political views as them? [Uh Oh !]
Or maybe they know something we don't. [Huh?]
Who are the atheist liberals that have jumped on him?
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#208459 - 02/10/03 01:11 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
2001frontier Offline

I think he meant haven't jumped on him.

#208460 - 02/10/03 01:14 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
Anonymous
Unregistered

All I know is that Jesus loves me, but he can't stand you.

Of course I'm kidding...

#208461 - 02/10/03 01:15 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
I think he meant haven't jumped on him.
Well, still...I don't know everyone's persuasion here, but one's that I do know are atheist haven't joined in the conversations at all.

#208462 - 02/10/03 01:20 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
NismoXse02 Offline

I was reffering to XOC, OffroadX, and company. Wilmac, basically, that's a warning for you since you're new. There are a lot of athiest here that will attack you when you start to talk about God. Or maybe that's only when you're also a conservative. [Huh?] Also, I thought Sean was one as well. [Uh Oh !]

#208463 - 02/10/03 01:20 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
It just felt right. laugh

#208464 - 02/10/03 01:24 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
It just felt right. laugh

[Spit]
Timing couldn't have been more perfect.

#208465 - 02/10/03 02:52 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:

I was reffering to XOC, OffroadX, and company. Wilmac, basically, that's a warning for you since you're new. There are a lot of athiest here that will attack you when you start to talk about God. Or maybe that's only when you're also a conservative. [Huh?] Also, I thought Sean was one as well. [Uh Oh !]
I'm still in denile when WilMac1023 dropped that bomb shell about being a "Christian".

wink

Kidding aside, although I'm not a church go'er myself, I have nothing against religion per se, I just don't like organized religion and the people who try to push it on others or this government. If you believe in God, Budda, Allah, whatever, fine, just keep it to yourself, and that includes keeping it out of OUR government. Remember, the flag and the Constitution is all about FREEDOM, not religious assimulation.

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#208466 - 02/10/03 02:58 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
2001frontier Offline

Where is it being put into our government?

#208467 - 02/10/03 03:05 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:

Where is it being put into our government?
You're kidding, right?

"In God We Trust" Printed on U.S. currency

...and to the republic for which it stands, one nation, UNDER GOD...

"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth SO HELP YOU GOD

just to name a few...

:rolleyes:

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#208468 - 02/10/03 03:05 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Kidding aside, although I'm not a church go'er myself, I have nothing against religion per se, I just don't like organized religion and the people who try to push it on others or this government. If you believe in God, Budda, Allah, whatever, fine, just keep it to yourself, and that includes keeping it out of [b]OUR government. Remember, the flag and the Constitution is all about FREEDOM, not religious assimulation.[/b]
I understand where some ppl can get pretty bad at it. However, if ya'll can understand, the main part of the Christian religion is suppose to be us spreading God's word. I don't think that's any big secret. With that being said, I think some people can spread his word in a less dramatic manner, but I also think some can dismiss Christianity to Christians a lot nicer manner as well when they try to teach about it. smile

BTW, don't you love the way some Muslims force Allah on us? I mean, they do it such a loving way. [Freak]

#208469 - 02/10/03 04:09 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Preach the gospel to all of the world, and if necessary, use words."

St. Francis of Assissi

#208470 - 02/10/03 05:38 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
2001frontier Offline

Quote:
You're kidding, right?

"[b]In God We Trust
" Printed on U.S. currency

"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth SO HELP YOU GOD

just to name a few...

:rolleyes: [/b]
So, the word God is in a few things we have used traditionally for the most part since the beginning of our country? Forget the pledge, that was added in the 50s. Look dude. Our country was founded on Christian principles, and most of our founding fathers were Christians. I am not a Christian, but the word God doesn't offend me. Furthermore there is nothing illegal about any of it either. I figured this is all you would come up with, so I am not to dissapointed.

#208471 - 02/10/03 05:52 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]You're kidding, right?

"[b]In God We Trust" Printed on U.S. currency

just to name a few...

:rolleyes: [/b]
So, the word God is in a few things we have used traditionally for the most part since the beginning of our country? Forget the pledge, that was added in the 50s. Look dude. Our country was founded on Christian principles, and most of our founding fathers were Christians. I am not a Christian, but the word God doesn't offend me. Furthermore there is nothing illegal about any of it either. I figured this is all you would come up with, so I am not to dissapointed.[/b]
NONE of those have been used for even 25% of the life of the country. Money and the pledge - for the last 50 years. "So Help Me God" is not a requirement.

(I won't get into the argument about what the country was founded on and what the FF were...that's a dead horse that's been beaten 17 times.)

#208472 - 02/10/03 06:53 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
NismoXse02 Offline

Hey Moby, I forget... are you a Christian? If so, I was wondering how you explain your non-Christian-like signature... [Huh?] If not, please disregard this question. smile

#208473 - 02/10/03 06:56 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
2001frontier Offline

My bad. I thought In God We Trust was always on the money.

#208474 - 02/10/03 07:08 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Hey Moby, I forget... are you a Christian? If so, I was wondering how you explain your non-Christian-like signature... [Huh?] If not, please disregard this question. smile
I am a Christian, not to the degree of some, obviously. The quote is not a non-christian quote. It is a secular quote that is on the books of the US Government.

#208475 - 02/10/03 07:10 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
2001frontier Offline

Alright. So how is having In God We Trust unconstitutional?

#208476 - 02/10/03 07:40 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:

Alright. So how is having In God We Trust unconstitutional?
It's not. That's why you need to choose judges who are strict constructionists who will interpret the law and not create it. We have too much of that today.

Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal