2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 8 of 18 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#208794 - 21/06/06 08:25 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Just like you saying this is a campfire...
Oh you mean this fire? The one in the middle of the desert on the outskirts of 29 Palms?

Do you even know where that was? When that was? How windy it was? The fire risks in the area? The fire restrictions in the area?

No.. you pull that out of your hat at random.

Chris, I don't need to prove anything to anyone. Who is flying off the handle now eh? Have you not realized that I reply on purpose? Do you not see what a joke this thread has become?

How can you honestly take this so seriously?

Oh yes, there WILL be stories, many many stories... oh wait no I mean, there will be many talks and efforts to re-evalute the comical value Cary's posts have on XOC as a whole, and also discuss in detail, the unconventional borderline mentally disturbed methods of making a point Cary has. There.. more politically correct?

Saying Cary may be mentally insane isn't name-calling. It's an amateur diagnosis.

Edited for spelling

#208795 - 21/06/06 08:55 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...

#208796 - 21/06/06 09:50 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
LAXterra Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by WolfmanX:
So.. what your are REALLY saying, is that you are still pissed that you got stuck, and then refused help?
Nobody forced you to refuse help. And don't kid yourself, you DID refuse help, as can be verified by SCCX and non-SCCX members, including first hand witness from third party individuals with no connection to SCCX.
So Chris Ritchey... read the trail bosses report. Notice anything that doesn't make sense? Notice who "didn’t want our help". Don't even think about using your "miscommunications" Xcuse.

Quote:
Originally posted by Xtoolbox:
We made good progress out onto the first section of Soda Lake and stopped at the monument to place some rocks and scout the rest before crossing. A couple of ATV’s and a Jeep came across and told us the mud was deep in one spot and a Xterra was buried with a crew trying to recover it. So we sent the two most capable trucks to check out the situation. Turns out it was no other than Cary [Laxterra] :rolleyes: stuck frame deep in the goo, been there since Thursday; the ranger, some other jeepers, a skip loader all had been involved in various extractions but Cary was still stuck. The recovery crew didn’t want our help and it didn’t appear we could offer any assistance so we made the best of it and headed back out via the bypass on Razor rd and reconnected with trail off Kelbaker. We did find out later that night that the crew eventually did extract Cary’s X and he was in Baker exhausted but resting.

After the Soda Lake surprise the rest of journey was vintage Mojave Rd laugh Stopped for lunch at the edge of the lava flow, buffet table was nice as always.
Source: http://www.sccxterra.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2344&start=60&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

#208797 - 21/06/06 10:07 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Through the sands of time... these are...

#208798 - 21/06/06 10:12 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually it seems that the two stories agree with eachother. The only story that is out of place is yours. Very interesting indeed.

Also, don't forget that Toolbox was not on the lake where the help was refused. He was at the rock pile with the rest of the crew, he only heard us report that you had refused our help, and heard you blare obscenities over the radio. There were four witnesses to Cary refusing help.

1) myself
2) Chris West -> driver of Frontier
3) Richard from NCCX -> driving a granite Xterra
4) One other person from SCCX -> name slips my mind driving a yellow X.

Also Cary and the two "recovery crew" guys. All stories agree with eachother except Cary's. Hmmm the truth doesn't seem such a mystery.

[Smoking]

#208799 - 21/06/06 10:29 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
LAXterra Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by WolfmanX:
He was at the rock pile with the rest of the crew, he only heard us report that you had refused our help...
Quote:
Originally posted by Xtoolbox:
The recovery crew didn’t want our help and it didn’t appear we could offer any assistance so we made the best of it and headed back out...
WolfmanX... here is your chance to be truthful.

Please say what you said over the radio to Xtoolbox about connecting Xterra's together for a solid anchor.

I know you have a conscience in there somewheres. You called my wife at 9:10 PM that night to see if I got out.

Please say what Xtoolbox's response to your good idea was.

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

#208800 - 21/06/06 11:10 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, exact log of events as I remember them:

1) Line of SCCX xterras nears Soda lake, under the assumption that we may have to go around if it is muddy. In preperation, we have a truck with a locker in front, and one in back to pull folks out.

2) The group stops at the pile of rocks. Some notice a yellow dot in the middle of the lake, possibly stuck. First thought of a yellow vehicle is that it may be an Xterra.

3) A scouting party is established uincluding a 2005 Frontier driven by Chris West, a Granite Xterra driven by Richard from NCCX (the locked trucks) and I was passenger in the Frontier.

4) Scouting party arrives at scene. We are shocked to find an Xterra stuck up to the frame rails. An old Ford pickup has a long chain hooked to the front of the Xterra, and the crew is digging out mud trying to place plywood under the front tires.

5) After carefully walking through the mud, we make it to the Xterra, only to find out that it was Cary. I was amazed. We asked how it happened, and was told by Cary that he was scouting the lake alone, and while at night. He mistaked a big pile of mud for the rock pile because of it being dark, and tried to go around it. At that point he sunk in to thick mud. He said he tried to hike across the lake but thought he might die out there, so he came back. Eventually he hitched a ride in to town with the rangers (who tagged along with some jeepers). He hired a recovery crew.

6) I radioed back to the others and said that the Xterra was actually Cary and that he may need help. Brian radioed back and said "no way Cary Anderson is actually stuck?" Cary asked me for the radio, and he said some not so nice things back, then threw the radio at me.

7) Richard and myself offered our assistance, including water, food, supplies, rides to town, or anything else he could think of. All were refused. He said he had everything he needed.

8) We offered our assistance in helping with the recovery, Cary said no, that he had all the help he needed.

9) Brian gets on the radio and says that time is running out to make it to the spot he had planned. I radioed back that some of us may stay to help with the recovery.

10) Again Cary stressed that he did not require our help. The others were already starting to leave, so Richard and I again offered anything he needed, water, what ever. All refused.

11) As the scout group was leaving, I radioed to Brian asking how long it would take to get to the other side of the lake. I suggested that a few trucks could hook together in an effort to pull Cary out the direction he came. He radioed back saying that it would take quite a while, and if Cary didn't want help, then thats that. I radioed again, saying I did not feel comfortable leaving somone. Xterracer (black X) radioed back saying he agreed.

12) I radioed to Richard and suggested that I may want to head back to the lake after Chris's memorial was set up. Brian radioed and said that it would be dark by that time, and stressed again that he felt bad, but it was useless to help him if he didnt want it, and that the recovery crew would get him out.

13) Not having been to Mojave before, I wasn't going to search for a dry lake in the dark by myself. I felt extremely bad about leaving even though we were told to leave by Cary himself.

14) On the road out of Mojave once my phone was back in service, I called the number on the side of Cary's truck. I talked to his wife and asked if he made it out. She told me he had, and that he was staying somwhere that night but would be back the next day. If she had not told me he made it out, I would have formed a recovery party with anyone who was willing to try. I radioed to the rest of the trucks that Cary made it out O.K.

15) I called the number again the following day, and talked to Cary himself. He was not too happy. He talked about stuff that happened between toolbox and others that was way before my time and to which I really didn't care.

16) Everything gets turned around on the SCCX forum on XOC and Cary attacks me, saying that we left him?

Everything is there. Complete and honest truth.

Yes, Brian was trying to keep a schedule to complete the planned run for CCX. Did I feel bad about that? Yes. Was it wrong? Well, thats debatable. After all, you DID refuse all help from us.

Did I abandon you? NO! In fact, I was likely the only person who took the time to make sure you made it home safely.

I hope that clears some things up.

#208801 - 21/06/06 11:57 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Quote:
Originally posted by LAXterra:
Please say what Xtoolbox's response to your good idea was.

#208802 - 22/06/06 12:35 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

I seriously can't believe it's gotten to this point... :rolleyes:

I'm going to add my $0.02 - albeit unsolicited, because this is truly getting ridiculous.

LAXterra, as a relatively new member of the SCCX - but a member of the SCCX nonetheless - any slight, slander, mud-slinging directed at this club, I'm going to take personally. So I'd watch how I'd choose to generalize the "new SCCX" if I were you. Thus far, I've only met positive, helpful, both environmentally and socially conscience people. If you choose to take a couple of acts of indiscretion and blow it up and scream about it til you're blue in the face, well...not a whole lot I can say other than this:

Dude, get a life...seriously.

Is this seriously the legacy you want to leave behind? I mean, I don't know you from Bob but man oh man...the overall impression I have of you is that a) you have WAY too much time on your hands, and b) you are a petty, petty person that can't let go of the past. You say you're not going to sit idley by while people poke fun at you...well, why the hell not? How the hell is this going to affect your life in the 'real world' anyway? You're looking up old posts, taking the time to photoshop random pictures and actually DRIVING TO THE LOCATION IN QUESTION TO TAKE PICTURES!! Are you fucking kidding me? [Huh?]

Man, in some weird way, I feel for ya. Yeah, it sucks to be picked on. Yeah, people exercise false bravado using the anonymity of the internet. But shit - trust me...TRUST me when I say that like the mud pit you were in, the more you attempt to get yourself out of the hole (metaphorically speaking of course), the more you actually end up sinking into the muck. You're not doing yourself any favors buddy. Please take this stranger's advice and just give it a rest already.

Let it lie, let it die. For ALL of our sakes.

That's it - I'm out.

#208803 - 22/06/06 06:11 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

LAXterra, No please continue. 13 pages of popcorn material is great! Lets go for 30. Yeah that's it an even 30 pages of you refusing to let this great story die. I call 53rd to repile on this dead, no deader, no deadest thread. [LOL]

#208804 - 22/06/06 07:26 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#208805 - 22/06/06 07:44 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RedX:
[ThumbsUp]

[drink]

#208806 - 22/06/06 09:41 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been out focusing on medical issues and have not been keeping up with the Xterra world. However I received an e-mail last night telling me to check out XOC.

Whoa! The poster I created with Cary's X had nothing to do with him personally. He never even entered my mind. I'm not sure if that is disappointing to some, but that is the truth.

I thought I would try my hand at creating a poster and began a review of pictures on my computer. I ran across that one pretty quick and thought of some key words … stuck, can't get any farther, and the thought process went on with many edits along the way.

Although I knew it was Cary's truck since I was there, never once did I think of or relate Cary to the poster. I just thought of it as a stuck Xterra.

Apparently my mind and intent does not go in the direction of others because I do not understand why the poster is offensive. If I had been stuck and someone had created that poster of my truck, I would have laughed and thought it was a cool picture of my X, although I may have been a bit embarrassed to have been in such a situation.

But of course, when the incident first happened, I would have already posted my mistake so others could learn from it rather than trying to keep it a secret. That would have been easier than, once exposed, making excuses, blaming others and diverting the focus toward something other than the predicament I had gotten myself into.

It seems Cary, you can add your name to the list of those you claim tried to hide their mistakes, such as the rollovers you have referenced.

Not everything is about you Cary, although you seem to like the limelight. If the poster had been offensive to you, a simple PM asking me to remove it would have worked.

It was never my intent to belittle you, or whatever it is you perceive my motive was. To me it was just a picture of a stuck Xterra. I personally still don't get the joke.

Marshann

#208807 - 22/06/06 01:05 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Wow [Argue]

#208808 - 22/06/06 03:47 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I have been out focusing on medical issues...
[Wave]
I hope your shoulder/arm is doing better and you'll be out come late Sept/Oct for a AZXC/SCCX joint run [Smoking]

#208809 - 22/06/06 03:58 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Quote:
I have been out focusing on medical issues...
[Wave]
I hope your shoulder/arm is doing better and you'll be out come late Sept/Oct for a AZXC/SCCX joint run [Smoking]
No kidding Marshann, you may be gone but you aren't forgotten.

#208810 - 22/06/06 04:07 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterrah:
I have been out focusing on medical issues and have not been keeping up with the Xterra world. However I received an e-mail last night telling me to check out XOC.

Whoa! The poster I created with Cary's X had nothing to do with him personally. He never even entered my mind. I'm not sure if that is disappointing to some, but that is the truth.

I thought I would try my hand at creating a poster and began a review of pictures on my computer. I ran across that one pretty quick and thought of some key words … stuck, can't get any farther, and the thought process went on with many edits along the way.

Although I knew it was Cary's truck since I was there, never once did I think of or relate Cary to the poster. I just thought of it as a stuck Xterra.

Apparently my mind and intent does not go in the direction of others because I do not understand why the poster is offensive. If I had been stuck and someone had created that poster of my truck, I would have laughed and thought it was a cool picture of my X, although I may have been a bit embarrassed to have been in such a situation.

But of course, when the incident first happened, I would have already posted my mistake so others could learn from it rather than trying to keep it a secret. That would have been easier than, once exposed, making excuses, blaming others and diverting the focus toward something other than the predicament I had gotten myself into.

It seems Cary, you can add your name to the list of those you claim tried to hide their mistakes, such as the rollovers you have referenced.

Not everything is about you Cary, although you seem to like the limelight. If the poster had been offensive to you, a simple PM asking me to remove it would have worked.

It was never my intent to belittle you, or whatever it is you perceive my motive was. To me it was just a picture of a stuck Xterra. I personally still don't get the joke.

Marshann
That was a great poster. Hell, I'm pissed you didn't use my X when I was stuck in the snow in 2003! Never in a million years would I take that as a slam on the X involved. And I saw poster before this saga.

Why don't you freaks just go on Springer and work out your little issues? [Rainbow] [Save the fine unicorns]

#208811 - 22/06/06 06:28 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

can't we all just get along.. eek [drink]

#208812 - 22/06/06 07:22 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by xterra in HI:
NO!.....Hell No...... [Finger]

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#208813 - 22/06/06 08:17 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
What fun would that be? After all, that's what the ALR is all about!

#208814 - 22/06/06 10:11 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RedX:
Quote:
[b]can't we all just get along.. eek [drink]
NO!.....Hell No...... [Finger] [/b]
No fucking way man.. where is the fun in that? [Argue]

[drink] [Too much XOC]

#208815 - 22/06/06 10:21 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
[Wave]
An AZXC/SCCX joint run ... sounds like fun! laugh I have another surgery in August. With the run shortly after that, I now have a reason to aim for a quick recovery. I'm definitely going to try my best to be there.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Ritchey:
No kidding Marshann, you may be gone but you aren't forgotten.
Thanks Chris for the kind words. It means a lot to me to still be considered part of the SCCX family even though I haven't been able to participate for a while. I'm looking forward to getting all this medical nonsense behind me so that I can get back to the Xcursions and friendships that I enjoy so much. smile

#208816 - 22/06/06 11:06 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
Quote:
Hell no, Theo. The aloha spirit gets thrown out the window with me where LAXterra is concerned. It's just plain entertaining now. [LOL]

#208817 - 22/06/06 11:09 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
Quote:
Originally posted by xterrah:
Thanks Chris for the kind words. It means a lot to me to still be considered part of the SCCX family even though I haven't been able to participate for a while. I'm looking forward to getting all this medical nonsense behind me so that I can get back to the Xcursions and friendships that I enjoy so much. smile
Marshann:

The club misses you - and your food! Get well soon, oh jedi master of Costco. laugh

#208818 - 22/06/06 11:46 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by krisjon:
Quote:
[b]can't we all just get along.. eek [drink]
Hell no, Theo. The aloha spirit gets thrown out the window with me where LAXterra is concerned. It's just plain entertaining now. [LOL] [/b]
fair enough.. :: grabs the popcorn :: [drink]

Page 8 of 18 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal