shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#209089 - 11/10/05 08:09 AM Re: Guns in the house?
off2cjb Offline

I don't care how much you teach a child about guns, they will go after them. The same rule applies to men; if you place a good lookin' woman in front of him who wants to have sex with him, he will go with that woman, married or not. Now not every time, but he will. Guess what, he knows the risk. He was taught to respect his wife and not commit adultery. He will still go. The same with kids. Locks and safes only make the owners feel safe and gives them an excuse when things go wrong. You like guns, good. You want guns, good. Keep them at the hunting cabin. Keep them at the local range. Not at home.

#209090 - 11/10/05 08:15 AM Re: Guns in the house?
babyX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
The same rule applies to men; if you place a good lookin' woman in front of him who wants to have sex with him, he will go with that woman, married or not. Now not every time, but he will. Guess what, he knows the risk. He was taught to respect his wife and not commit adultery. He will still go.
Wow... That's a helluva statement. You'd cheat on your wife? Does she know that? Did you miss that whole "thou shalt not commit adultery" commandment?

#209091 - 11/10/05 08:20 AM Re: Guns in the house?
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by babyX:
Quote:
[b] The same rule applies to men; if you place a good lookin' woman in front of him who wants to have sex with him, he will go with that woman, married or not. Now not every time, but he will. Guess what, he knows the risk. He was taught to respect his wife and not commit adultery. He will still go.
Wow... That's a helluva statement. You'd cheat on your wife? Does she know that?[/b]
"if you place a good lookin' woman in front of him who wants to have sex with him"

His marriage is probably in no danger.
laugh

#209092 - 11/10/05 08:28 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
You like guns, good. You want guns, good. Keep them at the hunting cabin. Keep them at the local range. Not at home.
That's retarded.

If you're kids are undisciplined enough that they will flat out do what you tell them not to do (as in, "Don't touch my piece you little brat"), then maybe it's time you start spanking them!

Besides, a responsible thing to do is have a trigger lock on any gun you keep at home, if you've got kids. It's not rocket science.

There's buttloads of things around a house that can kill a kid. At my house, I can think of a few that'll do it instantly (nail gun, screw gun, dogs, wife, etc.). So when my little brothers come over, I actually pay attention to what they're doing...

It's very true that if a kid is intentionally looking for a gun, or something else, they're gonna' find a way to get to it. The only way to prevent that is to raise your kids right (I guess THAT'S out of the question these days...)

But most accidents are just that; accidents. Some dumbass owner leaves his gun where the kid can get to it, just screwing around. Then all the sudden, it goes off, and you've got one less kid. A trigger lock would prevent that from happening. AND, I bet that'll never happen twice...

Life is the hardest teacher. Don't teach your kids the right way, then life has a habit of teaching them for you.

#209093 - 11/10/05 08:40 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I don't care how much you teach a child about guns, they will go after them. The same rule applies to men; if you place a good lookin' woman in front of him who wants to have sex with him, he will go with that woman, married or not. Now not every time, but he will. Guess what, he knows the risk. He was taught to respect his wife and not commit adultery. He will still go. The same with kids. Locks and safes only make the owners feel safe and gives them an excuse when things go wrong. You like guns, good. You want guns, good. Keep them at the hunting cabin. Keep them at the local range. Not at home.
I agree with you a lot, but this time you're full of shit. Teach the kids proper use and put them through a hunter safety program. Then be an active PARENT. My dad did it with his 3 sons, and I've taught my son how to use the weapons too. No problems. Ever. The guns are kept in their cases and the ammo is locked up in the safe along with my loaded .45. Please, don't ever move to the same state I live in and share your distorted views on guns with any of the local politicians. The NRA is in place because of opinions like this.

When I was a kid I was shooting in competition. (metallic silohuette - age 12, 13, 14). Won some trophies. Took second place in the state in Junior class....I'm very grateful my dad took the time to spend with me to teach me safe handling of firearms. A gun is simply a tool like a knife, a shovel, or a screwdriver. Put it in the hands of an idiot and that's when the bad things happen. My son can handle a gun more safely than most adults because I took the time to teach him.

Guns will always be in my home. It's my 2nd amendment right.

#209094 - 11/10/05 08:42 AM Re: Guns in the house?
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b] The same rule applies to men; if you place a good lookin' woman in front of him who wants to have sex with him, he will go with that woman, married or not. Now not every time, but he will. Guess what, he knows the risk. He was taught to respect his wife and not commit adultery. He will still go.
Wow... That's a helluva statement. You'd cheat on your wife? Does she know that? Did you miss that whole "thou shalt not commit adultery" commandment?[/b]
Thank you for that liberal spin, and I am sure your girlfriend will cheat on you.

It is called temptation, and everyone is tempted by something. You cannot expect that every child taught repsect with guns will never be involved in a gun related incident. How naive is that.

#209095 - 11/10/05 08:45 AM Re: Guns in the house?
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
Quote:
[b]I don't care how much you teach a child about guns, they will go after them. The same rule applies to men; if you place a good lookin' woman in front of him who wants to have sex with him, he will go with that woman, married or not. Now not every time, but he will. Guess what, he knows the risk. He was taught to respect his wife and not commit adultery. He will still go. The same with kids. Locks and safes only make the owners feel safe and gives them an excuse when things go wrong. You like guns, good. You want guns, good. Keep them at the hunting cabin. Keep them at the local range. Not at home.
I agree with you a lot, but this time you're full of shit. Teach the kids proper use and put them through a hunter safety program. Then be an active PARENT. My dad did it with his 3 sons, and I've taught my son how to use the weapons too. No problems. Ever. The guns are kept in their cases and the ammo is locked up in the safe along with my loaded .45. Please, don't ever move to the same state I live in and share your distorted views on guns with any of the local politicians. The NRA is in place because of opinions like this.

When I was a kid I was shooting in competition. (metallic silohuette - age 12, 13, 14). Won some trophies. Took second place in the state in Junior class....I'm very grateful my dad took the time to spend with me to teach me safe handling of firearms. A gun is simply a tool like a knife, a shovel, or a screwdriver. Put it in the hands of an idiot and that's when the bad things happen. My son can handle a gun more safely than most adults because I took the time to teach him.

Guns will always be in my home. It's my 2nd amendment right.[/b]
It has nothing to do with the 2nd admendment. It has to do with being a responsible parent. Once again, I am not against guns. You cannot believe that your kids will never be involved in an incident. You cannot believe that no matter how well you think you raise your daughter, the chance is still there that she will turn out poorly like babyx, not to mention pregnant at 15. Things happen. People are tempted, even children. If they want that gun to show off to thier friends, they will get it. No matter what you have taught them.

#209096 - 11/10/05 08:50 AM Re: Guns in the house?
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Fuck off asshat. There are already several stories in this thread proving you are full of shit. mad

#209097 - 11/10/05 08:59 AM Re: Guns in the house?
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
Fuck off asshat. There are already several stories in this thread proving you are full of shit. mad
Then shut your pie hole and be thankful. You could be next jerky tits.

#209098 - 11/10/05 09:00 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Off2cjb....you're dead wrong. My brothers and I NEVER had that temptation. NEVER. It's when you hide guns from the kids and never teach them anything about them is when the temptations become too much. If the kids know they can go out shooting with Dad, it's a ton different.

My kids won't either. Handguns should stay locked up. They're not going to take any of my long guns anywhere. They know those are off limits.

Here's your problem. You're not giving KIDS enough credit. Look back in history and you'll see teens with huge responsibilities. In today's world, kids aren't maturing as fast as they used to because old fashioned parenting and placing responsibility on the kids has gone away. I still subscribe to those principles and work every day to teach our kids about responsibility.

#209099 - 11/10/05 09:05 AM Re: Guns in the house?
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Off2cjb....you're dead wrong. My brothers and I NEVER had that temptation. NEVER. It's when you hide guns from the kids and never teach them anything about them is when the temptations become too much. If the kids know they can go out shooting with Dad, it's a ton different.

My kids won't either. Handguns should stay locked up. They're not going to take any of my long guns anywhere. They know those are off limits.

Here's your problem. You're not giving KIDS enough credit. Look back in history and you'll see teens with huge responsibilities. In today's world, kids aren't maturing as fast as they used to because old fashioned parenting and placing responsibility on the kids has gone away. I still subscribe to those principles and work every day to teach our kids about responsibility.
I agree and sort of support your argument, but it only takes ONE time. Only one. Why play those odds when you don't have too. I fully support the 2nd admendment and served 13 years protecting that admendment, but you know what, the British aren't coming.

#209100 - 11/10/05 09:10 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I never worried about my kids messing with my guns; they are trained in their handling but more importantly know that under no circumstances may they touch one without supervision. Regardless, I have always kept them all locked up tight not because of the kids but because of the kids' friends. You never know which one of them might have a brainless moment and do something without thinking if they ever were to come accross one. Even one second of careless with a gun could cause irrepairable damage; it's just not worth the chance.

In fact when I was a little kid, my teenaged brother's dumbass friend came over with one shell (nobody knew it) and blew off a 30.06 through the basement floor into the dining room table where my sister and I were doing our homework about 10 minutes earlier. Shit happens fast.

I keep mine locked and I'm the only keyholder. You also never know when your spouse is going to go over the edge. eek (Hey it's in the papers every day; think it couldn't happen to you?)

#209101 - 11/10/05 09:14 AM Re: Guns in the house?
babyX Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
Wow... That's a helluva statement. You'd cheat on your wife? Does she know that? Did you miss that whole "thou shalt not commit adultery" commandment?[/b]
Thank you for that liberal spin, and I am sure your girlfriend will cheat on you.

It is called temptation, and everyone is tempted by something.[/b]
What about that was liberal? You said it yourself -- all men will cheat.

Sure, everyone's tempted by something, but that doesn't mean you have to give in to the temptation.

#209102 - 11/10/05 09:30 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I agree with you a lot, but this time you're full of shit. Teach the kids proper use and put them through a hunter safety program. Then be an active PARENT. My dad did it with his 3 sons, and I've taught my son how to use the weapons too. No problems. Ever.
Yeah! I mean, that plan worked for Dylan Kliebold and Eric Harris too! :rolleyes:

#209103 - 11/10/05 09:35 AM Re: Guns in the house?
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
The same rule applies to men; if you place a good lookin' woman in front of him who wants to have sex with him, he will go with that woman, married or not. Now not every time, but he will. Guess what, he knows the risk. He was taught to respect his wife and not commit adultery. He will still go.

It is called temptation, and everyone is tempted by something.[/b]
What about that was liberal? You said it yourself -- all men will cheat.

Sure, everyone's tempted by something, but that doesn't mean you have to give in to the temptation.

True. Very true.

#209104 - 11/10/05 09:38 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
Quote:
[b]I agree with you a lot, but this time you're full of shit. Teach the kids proper use and put them through a hunter safety program. Then be an active PARENT. My dad did it with his 3 sons, and I've taught my son how to use the weapons too. No problems. Ever.
Yeah! I mean, that plan worked for Dylan Kliebold and Eric Harris too! :rolleyes: [/b]
those weren't 6 year olds that stumbled onto a gun at the house.

those were deranged teenagers, that bought guns for their own use. Different story. Different arguement.

But if they had been raised right, maybe they wouldn't have been little bastards, afterall...

Go back to your hole. Your opinions are worthless.

#209105 - 11/10/05 09:40 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought this thread was about "Guns in the House". Apparently it's about who's F'ing who.

Statistically speaking, more married people cheat than not. Let the young, engaged ones say it isn't so, they'll learn.

#209106 - 11/10/05 09:42 AM Re: Guns in the house?
babyX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by X-Act:
Statistically speaking, more married people cheat than not. Let the young, engaged ones say it isn't so, they'll learn.
Statistically speaking, not everyone cheats. smile

Back to your regularly scheduled guns-in-the-house debate... Have 'em if you want 'em, but teach your kids to resepect 'em.

#209107 - 11/10/05 09:44 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Trihead Offline

Loc: Austin Texas
Quote:
Quote:
[b]Statistically speaking, more married people cheat than not. Let the young, engaged ones say it isn't so, they'll learn.

Back to your regularly scheduled guns-in-the-house debate... Have 'em if you want 'em, but teach your kids to resepect 'em.[/b]
I don't cheat but you know how hot my wife is so I could never do any better smile

#209108 - 11/10/05 09:45 AM Re: Guns in the house?
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Statistically speaking, more married people cheat than not. Let the young, engaged ones say it isn't so, they'll learn.

Back to your regularly scheduled guns-in-the-house debate... Have 'em if you want 'em, but teach your kids to resepect 'em.[/b]
51% divorce rate in America, and it ain't over controling the remote.

I think you would find the percentage of married men who cheat extremely high, if they answered honestly. I know from I have seen in the militay, the percentages are way high. Temptation is an evil thing.

#209109 - 11/10/05 09:46 AM Re: Guns in the house?
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
[b]
Quote:
[b]I agree with you a lot, but this time you're full of shit. Teach the kids proper use and put them through a hunter safety program. Then be an active PARENT. My dad did it with his 3 sons, and I've taught my son how to use the weapons too. No problems. Ever.
Yeah! I mean, that plan worked for Dylan Kliebold and Eric Harris too! :rolleyes: [/b]
those weren't 6 year olds that stumbled onto a gun at the house.

those were deranged teenagers, that bought guns for their own use. Different story. Different arguement.

But if they had been raised right, maybe they wouldn't have been little bastards, afterall...

Go back to your hole. Your opinions are worthless.[/b]
They were reported to have been raised "right".

#209110 - 11/10/05 09:48 AM Re: Guns in the house?
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Trihead:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:

I don't cheat but you know how hot my wife is so I could never do any better smile [/b]
That rarely has anything to do with cheating. And if that is all you care about concerning your wife, your marriage is in trouble when she gets older. Good Lord, my wife is hot too but it isn't in the top 100 things I thank God for when it comes to her and our marriage.

#209111 - 11/10/05 09:50 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Trihead Offline

Loc: Austin Texas
Wives should be traded like cattle. Always look for a better one.

#209112 - 11/10/05 09:52 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Good Lord, my wife is hot too but it isn't in the top 100 things I thank God for when it comes to her and our marriage.
...and the number one thing off2cjb thanks God for when it comes to his marriage:
(drumroll)
That she doesn't start leaking air during sex!

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! TIP YOUR WAITRESS!!

#209113 - 11/10/05 10:03 AM Re: Guns in the house?
babyX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Trihead:
Wives should be traded like cattle. Always look for a better one.
*sigh*

I would looooooove to see Shelley's reaction to that one... laugh

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal