shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Time To Replace Exhaust
by all2surreal
06/11/17 01:57 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 12 of 18 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#212083 - 28/05/03 03:49 PM Re: You all got waxed.
Lincoln Offline
Member

Registered: 30/01/03
Posts: 3221
Loc: Wisconsin
I am buying a membership once it opens, but not because of this. I used to be on here before I went over to the gulf...I actually registered in Jan 2002. I can't remember what my name was (all of my e-mail and everything was closed when I got back) but my first post was involving getting stuck on the beach. Anyone remember it?? I got lots of shit for it because of the Tread Lightly campaign. I was a jackass!! I was with you guys the whole way on this one though..making fun of the babies!!
_________________________
Schleprock, Schleprock...stronger than steel!

Top
#212084 - 28/05/03 04:12 PM Re: You all got waxed.
JayzX Offline
Member

Registered: 05/07/01
Posts: 1009
Loc: Sigonella, Sicily, Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by lincolnnellie:
I am buying a membership once it opens, but not because of this. I was with you guys the whole way on this one though..making fun of the babies!!
You are not even close to the type of person I was talking about. You cannot make it more obvious you want to be part of the clique. Don't worry, I'm sure it's working. I saw your name come up... well, I don't think it came up at all in the "behind the scenes" thread. Post more, they will notice you sooner or later. wink
_________________________
Fred

"What are you gonna make me do? Wack a guy? Off a guy? Wack-off a guy? Cuz I'm married!" - Peter (The Family Guy)

Top
#212085 - 28/05/03 04:21 PM Re: You all got waxed.
Mobycat Offline
Member
*****

Registered: 12/09/00
Posts: 8374
Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
I dunno...maybe it's just me. But I still don't see the *humor* in it. Sure, you can easily show how gullible people are (and I *almost* posted about it way back, but held back). You guys picked an easy target.

At least make it something that isn't so easy and a little more interesting.

I wonder if it's still going - after all, pm's could be flying back and forth right now.

_________________________
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

Top
#212086 - 28/05/03 04:22 PM Re: You all got waxed.
Lincoln Offline
Member

Registered: 30/01/03
Posts: 3221
Loc: Wisconsin
Yeah, I want to be a part of the internet website clique??? Jeez, I sure hope they notice me!!! Ummmm yeah... What the fuck are you babbling about??? People must have picked on you when you were a kid!
_________________________
Schleprock, Schleprock...stronger than steel!

Top
#212087 - 28/05/03 04:29 PM Re: You all got waxed.
Claus Offline
Member

Registered: 05/07/02
Posts: 4373
Quote:
Originally posted by lincolnnellie:
Yeah, I want to be a part of the internet website clique??? Jeez, I sure hope they notice me!!! Ummmm yeah... What the fuck are you babbling about??? People must have picked on you when you were a kid!
Why don't you go back and read your last 76 posts. I think your answer is there....Snarl?
_________________________
Sharam can have my sister

Top
#212088 - 28/05/03 04:33 PM Re: You all got waxed.
Lincoln Offline
Member

Registered: 30/01/03
Posts: 3221
Loc: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally posted by Claus A Christensen:
Why don't you go back and read your last 76 posts. I think your answer is there....Snarl?
[Finger] You are the coolest jackass I know...jackass!
_________________________
Schleprock, Schleprock...stronger than steel!

Top
#212089 - 28/05/03 04:34 PM Re: You all got waxed.
imacsae Offline
Member

Registered: 22/04/01
Posts: 1824
Loc: El Paso Tx.
Quote:
On second thought you know what guys this is getting out of hand and some might not get the joke. We should stop no matter what carlton says.
See guys if you look at page 3 on the thread you see that I tried to put a stop to it. Therefore you can see that this really wasnt my fault. [Wave]
_________________________
Cuz we're in the spirit world, asshole. They can't see us.

Top
#212090 - 28/05/03 05:40 PM Re: You all got waxed.
mmUTK Offline
Member

Registered: 15/12/01
Posts: 1903
Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Doh!!

Damit I thought I was smarter than this shocked
Ok I'm now adding the supporting members forum to my daily forum checklist.
_________________________
http://www.firemarshall.net

Top
#212091 - 28/05/03 06:12 PM Re: You all got waxed.
XXXTERRA Offline
Member

Registered: 18/10/00
Posts: 870
Loc: Toronto, Ont. Canada
The really gullible suckers are the ones who paid to have Supporting Member under their names.

That was the real joke [LOL]

Top
#212092 - 28/05/03 06:46 PM Re: You all got waxed.
ILUVMYX Offline
Member

Registered: 30/12/00
Posts: 5518
Loc: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Claus A Christensen:
Quote:
Originally posted by lincolnnellie:
[b]Yeah, I want to be a part of the internet website clique??? Jeez, I sure hope they notice me!!! Ummmm yeah... What the fuck are you babbling about??? People must have picked on you when you were a kid!
Why don't you go back and read your last 76 posts. I think your answer is there....Snarl?[/b]
Not Snarl... the new BoarderPhreak. He posts a one-liner every 30 seconds just to see his name in lights.
_________________________
http://www.feedforspeed.com

Top
#212093 - 28/05/03 06:49 PM Re: You all got waxed.
mmUTK Offline
Member

Registered: 15/12/01
Posts: 1903
Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Quote:
Originally posted by ILUVMYX:
Quote:
Originally posted by Claus A Christensen:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by lincolnnellie:
[b]Yeah, I want to be a part of the internet website clique??? Jeez, I sure hope they notice me!!! Ummmm yeah... What the fuck are you babbling about??? People must have picked on you when you were a kid!
Why don't you go back and read your last 76 posts. I think your answer is there....Snarl?[/b]
Not Snarl... the new BoarderPhreak. He posts a one-liner every 30 seconds just to see his name in lights.[/b]
Sorta reminds me of Offtocjesus, more like an attention whore.
_________________________
http://www.firemarshall.net

Top
#212094 - 28/05/03 07:07 PM Re: You all got waxed.
ILUVMYX Offline
Member

Registered: 30/12/00
Posts: 5518
Loc: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by mmUTK:
Sorta reminds me of Offtocjesus, more like an attention whore.
Nah, I don't see it. Off2, as annoying as he is, actually thinks he's saying something important. lincolnnellie, like BP, just likes to watch his post count go up.
_________________________
http://www.feedforspeed.com

Top
#212095 - 28/05/03 08:41 PM Re: You all got waxed.
XterrAZ Offline
Member

Registered: 29/09/00
Posts: 2857
Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by XXXTERRA:
The really gullible suckers are the ones who paid to have Supporting Member under their names.

That was the real joke [LOL]
.

No, the real joke is that you're member #441, been around here since Oct 2000, and are too cheap to help support the site. I guess that means that not only are you a tight ass, you're what the whole joke was about in the first place.

[Finger] Don't let the smile fool you.
_________________________
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
--- Paul Hornung

Top
#212096 - 28/05/03 11:35 PM Re: You all got waxed.
Todrick Offline
Member

Registered: 08/08/00
Posts: 7756
Loc: So.Cal
amen mike.

i didnt give ian money to get a red stripe under my name... i did it because the guy has given me three years of good times(including the un-board and yahoo) and XOC has let me meet some of the best people i ever have... anyone who has been here more than a year and hasn't became a supporting member is a leach, and a self centered one at that.

the stripe, access to the supporting members forum, the gallery, the stickers, etc... they are all just bonuses... ian deserved the money regardless

Top
#212097 - 29/05/03 12:44 AM Re: You all got waxed.
KJ_dragon Offline
Member

Registered: 28/08/01
Posts: 4805
Loc: East Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
... anyone who has been here more than a year and hasn't became a supporting member is a leach, and a self centered one at that.
Dude Todrick,
That's a wee bit harsh don't you think?
_________________________
There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count; and those who can't.

Top
#212098 - 29/05/03 12:45 AM Re: You all got waxed.
KJ_dragon Offline
Member

Registered: 28/08/01
Posts: 4805
Loc: East Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by XXXTERRA:
The really gullible suckers are the ones who paid to have Supporting Member under their names.

That was the real joke [LOL]
If you really believe that, then you are totally missing the point of the supporting members.
_________________________
There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count; and those who can't.

Top
#212099 - 29/05/03 03:17 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Todrick Offline
Member

Registered: 08/08/00
Posts: 7756
Loc: So.Cal
no... seriously how much is $20? its not like its a lot of money... ian put in a lot of hard work... seems to me if someone posts on here regularly and never became a supporting member then they think they are better than everyone else and they are above contributing... instead they let ian work, and others pay so they can have a free ride... they are like wellfare mothers with 6 kids

Top
#212100 - 29/05/03 04:29 AM Re: You all got waxed.
MBFlyerfan Offline
Member

Registered: 30/04/01
Posts: 4450
Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
no... seriously how much is $20? its not like its a lot of money... ian put in a lot of hard work... seems to me if someone posts on here regularly and never became a supporting member then they think they are better than everyone else and they are above contributing... instead they let ian work, and others pay so they can have a free ride... they are like wellfare mothers with 6 kids
Its a hell of a lot of money when you dont have a job, like I did when he was taking donations. Then, by the time I found a new job, he stopped taking money. So get off your high horse. :rolleyes:
_________________________
Chirpa Chirpa Bockala!

Top
#212101 - 29/05/03 05:16 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Samueul Offline
Member

Registered: 10/04/01
Posts: 4114
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
seems to me if someone posts on here regularly and never became a supporting member then they think they are better than everyone else and they are above contributing...
This is a Bullshit statement Todrick. A lot of people on this board are unemployed, and have been for a while, why do you think they post so much. $20.00 is a lot of gas money for such people. Others, myself included really thought XOC would implode within a few months if not weeks at the point in time when XOC had the "supporting member option" and I do not just throw my money at anything. Once I saw XOC was still going to be around, the option to be a supporting member was not there. Ian is now saying that the option will be there again after the upgrade. I fully intend to pay the price, to show my appreciation for this amusing and informative site, but the roof of my house is also caving in. If it goes, before I can get it fixed, I hope nobody gets their panties in a bunch because I diverted my time and money to that project........
_________________________
Must stay away from political/religious debates. Must stay away........

Top
#212102 - 29/05/03 05:42 AM Re: You all got waxed.
RedX Offline

Member
*****

Registered: 25/04/01
Posts: 2394
Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Interesting.....an acknowledged and deliberate attempt at polarization in the club.

Todrick....what an terrifically assinine statement.....especially from someone who should know what it is like to be in financially dire straits. Perhaps folks could not justify the spending of $20 for club membership at the time which it was being implemented. You could....BRAVO! That is actually an honorable thing given your appreciation of the site and it's impact upon your life.

I could not justify it at the time, and when I could, support memberships were no longer available. Does that make me a freeloading, leacherous shitbag? Perhaps, in your eyes, and the eyes of other "Supporting Members." But.....will I lose sleep because of it? No. If support membership does once again become an option, I will donate $20, simply for the fact that this club has probably saved me that much (in reality....more) in problem-related solutions for my X.

But also, keep in mind.....this club was initially started, I would assume, because of Ian's interest in the X, and an interest in building a community around its existence. And what a great community it has become.....great in size, not in attitudes or morale. XOC is now larger than Ian, you or any other "Supporting Member." It has developed into its own cynical, sarcastic, obstinate yet informative, compelling, often-humerous beast.

So, if Supporting Memberships do become available again (and please offer an option for payment methods other than PayPal.....I do not put credit card or debit card info on the web unless I absolutely have to), I will pay....just to express appreciation for this club.

But as long as you and the other "Supporting Members" can feel justified in creating havoc in the "virtual playground" and then stand off to the side and snicker about your accomplishment, you have succeeded in driving home that your hallowed, superior sub-sect holds power over us, simple minions.

Congrats....ass-face. [Finger]
_________________________
Brad & RedX

http://www.metzgardesign.com

Top
#212103 - 29/05/03 06:06 AM Re: You all got waxed.
XterrAZ Offline
Member

Registered: 29/09/00
Posts: 2857
Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by RedX:

Congrats....ass-face. [Finger]
This sentance alone is worth the $20, cheap entertainment wink
_________________________
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
--- Paul Hornung

Top
#212104 - 29/05/03 06:37 AM Re: You all got waxed.
TravelingFool Offline
Member

Registered: 17/10/00
Posts: 6013
Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
anyone who has been here more than a year and hasn't became a supporting member is a leach, and a self centered one at that.
Uh... fuck you, very much. Some of us missed the "supporting member" deal entirely because we were home, surfing the net for work.

Did you ever find a job, by the way? Or are my tax dollars still feeding your fat ass?
_________________________
kjw &
the PNUTMNM

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

Top
#212105 - 29/05/03 06:48 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Guido Offline
Member

Registered: 25/01/01
Posts: 1438
Loc: Albertville, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by RedX:
Interesting.....an acknowledged and deliberate attempt at polarization in the club.

Todrick....what an terrifically assinine statement.....especially from someone who should know what it is like to be in financially dire straits. Perhaps folks could not justify the spending of $20 for club membership at the time which it was being implemented. You could....BRAVO! That is actually an honorable thing given your appreciation of the site and it's impact upon your life.

I could not justify it at the time, and when I could, support memberships were no longer available. Does that make me a freeloading, leacherous shitbag? Perhaps, in your eyes, and the eyes of other "Supporting Members." But.....will I lose sleep because of it? No. If support membership does once again become an option, I will donate $20, simply for the fact that this club has probably saved me that much (in reality....more) in problem-related solutions for my X.

But also, keep in mind.....this club was initially started, I would assume, because of Ian's interest in the X, and an interest in building a community around its existence. And what a great community it has become.....great in size, not in attitudes or morale. XOC is now larger than Ian, you or any other "Supporting Member." It has developed into its own cynical, sarcastic, obstinate yet informative, compelling, often-humerous beast.

So, if Supporting Memberships do become available again (and please offer an option for payment methods other than PayPal.....I do not put credit card or debit card info on the web unless I absolutely have to), I will pay....just to express appreciation for this club.

But as long as you and the other "Supporting Members" can feel justified in creating havoc in the "virtual playground" and then stand off to the side and snicker about your accomplishment, you have succeeded in driving home that your hallowed, superior sub-sect holds power over us, simple minions.

Congrats....ass-face. [Finger]
A very good post RedX, but I think everyone needs to step back and remember how this post got started.

I have a feeling that Todrick is "stirring the pot" again.

If you are trying to start shit again Todrick, you may have stepped a little over the line. People usually don't find personal attacks all that funny.
_________________________
"There must be a hell of a ballgame going on upstairs. God must have needed a No. 3 hitter, because he took Puck away from us way too soon."
-Kent Hrbek

Top
#212106 - 29/05/03 06:50 AM Re: You all got waxed.
electrobuzz Offline
Member

Registered: 12/01/01
Posts: 2487
Loc: Denver, Colorado
Nice work, twodick. A little Catholic in your background working on a massive guilt trip?
Maybe some of us can set up a virtual panhandling web site like Karen to help pay expenses. :rolleyes:

Top
#212107 - 29/05/03 07:20 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Lincoln Offline
Member

Registered: 30/01/03
Posts: 3221
Loc: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally posted by ILUVMYX:
Quote:
Originally posted by mmUTK:
[b]Sorta reminds me of Offtocjesus, more like an attention whore.
Nah, I don't see it. Off2, as annoying as he is, actually thinks he's saying something important. lincolnnellie, like BP, just likes to watch his post count go up.[/b]
Man, you guys got me all figured out!! Shit!! I thought I could get away with it without anybody knowing!! Please let me know how many posts a day I should limit myself too, so I don't look like I am trying to raise my postcount. From now on, you guys can be the XOC Post Count Police!! Thanks for volunteering your time to look out for me and my post count. [Finger]
_________________________
Schleprock, Schleprock...stronger than steel!

Top
Page 12 of 18 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18 >



shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal