Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#213115 - 16/02/05 09:34 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by steelX:
Quote:
Originally posted by badercarma:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by steelX:
just a quick question,

exactly which direction did you think the lights would be pointing when you opened the hatch? [Huh?]
“Everything seems good but when you open the rear door they aim into the sky .”
that is why i asked the question, if you had any kind of sence you would have figured that out before you welded the ............ nevermind youre a fuckin idiot.[/b]
No, that doesn’t explain why you asked the question when I clearly said that they aimed into the sky on the first post. I realized that before I welded them and it wasn’t a problem because they are for backing up, nighttime recovery, and loading stuff on my trailer. You’re the fucking idiot for asking.

And like I said 2 posts ago
“and don’t go bitching about mounting them on the roof rack, if they were mounted there, they would be blocked by the hatch, and mounting them in the middle to attempt to shine though the glass wouldn’t work well ether because most (not all) of the light would be reflected away.”

The fix for this is to mount a second set on the inside like BurgPath did. That will work great for loading fire wood, ect...

#213116 - 16/02/05 09:58 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by BoneCrusher:
[b] did anybody else notice that brainiac didnt sheild
That’s some good spelling there moron, why don’t you Shut the FUCK up until you can lean how to spell.[/b]
Ok now that’s just to funny!

Quote:

This setup wouldn’t last one day, branches would smash it instantly.
[img]Snip picture of Hawks lights[/img]

Oh yeah… I forgot NY is the only state where the trees have branches!

More than likely if the branches are that low you maybe should not be driving there!

I have a similar light bar setup on my X and while driving around during the last ice storm I smacked several branches that had hung down over the road with my light bar. No problem at all. I still have a big chuck of tree branch that broke off on them in the gear basket.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#213117 - 16/02/05 10:16 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
I have had lights on the roof of my Xterra for years and never had a problem with tree branches breaking them. Then again I am not going 90 miles and hour down some trail nor am I using Walmart (need I say more) lights.

From the videos I have seen on your website you have no right calling yourself a serious off-roader. Hell man, You are running street tires and still have the factory tin can step rails on.

Grow up a bit... run some real trails... get back with us in a few years. [Finger]

#213118 - 16/02/05 10:29 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Ramness Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RedX:
Quote:
Originally posted by Admin:
[b]Here is what the serious offroader is doing these days.

[img]snip pictures[/img]
Is that Rebar for the headlight protects?
[/b]
Yeah another one of his welding masterpieces

This is a before picture…

Another work of art… home made roof rack

And this “antenna protector”

looks familiar…

Got the Glass bottom boat thing going on here. Bet that’s fun in the rain, not to mention the wonderful fumes from rusted out holes in the exhaust. Note the cut out section of frame behind the bumper (DS)

Another moment of genius…

larger pic
http://fixedforever.dyndns.org/trooper/stuck/File0003l.jpg

You have got to be kidding? Darwin candidate?

#213119 - 16/02/05 10:32 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Problem solved, just gob weld another set if those $10 lights to the rear fender just above the tail lights and you will have light even with the hatch up.
[ThumbsUp]

#213120 - 16/02/05 10:37 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom:

thats a damn sad sight... that thing looks so bad. i cant imagine how bad a shape that truck will look in a few years.

frown

#213121 - 16/02/05 10:41 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

LMAO, not a bad solution, but I like the lights on the inside like BurgPath added.
http://www.burgpath.stonecutters4x4.com/12Vlight_GPS_Rdet.jpg

And this is what my truck will look like in a few years. http://204.210.136.14/trooper/08/PA290018.JPG

Maybe tomorrow when I’m in networking class ill PS a picture of a camo Xterra stuff welded onto it.

#213122 - 16/02/05 11:29 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I used muffler clamps to mount my rear lights..... you can rock the entire vehicle with them, my $10 lights aren't going anywhere. I also use a Yakima rack to protect them wink

As far as the inside lights, I used a set of $10 Wallyworld lights too:

As far as welding.... Kid, you need lots of practice. a Big Ugly weld may hold, but it's still big and ugly, it doesn't however look like you burned through any. Kudos on that! If it is what you want, fine, but PLEASE don't brag about your "Weldin' Skillz" It hurts those of us who do happen to strike an arc from time to time wink

I do like your mindset, but first, mock up your ideas and think about them for a bit before you do them, you might see a better way. If you really wanted your lights on that pillar, you could have gotten some big rig flush mount ones and put them there. I'm sure you would have gotten less flak.

http://www.vehiclelight.com/2615500.html

However, if you are having branch problems, the branch 'll still hit those lights on it's way down the rear hatch, unless you mount some of those "antenna protectors" back there.

If you like it, it's your truck smile

#213123 - 16/02/05 11:41 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Claus Offline

Man this takes the cake, the kid actually likes the attention...Still wondering if he is the fat red head or the beatleshaired bean stalk...

#213124 - 17/02/05 12:09 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Ramness Offline

im voting bean stalk

#213125 - 17/02/05 12:21 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Maybe we should start a poll, anyways I got some ideas for re-bar tail light guards, but its way more involved (more welding on car) then the lights, ill mess with it tomorrow.

#213126 - 17/02/05 12:59 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

This setup wouldn’t last one day, branches would smash it instantly.

You really are a fucking idiot!! That's my setup on top. It has been hit by branches, been crushed by a concrete parking garage ceiling, and basically been abused to no end!! I haven't had a problem with it at all!! THATS WHY THEY MAKE THEM SO THE LIGHTS CAN BREAK AWAY YOU FUCKING MORON!!! GET A CLUE OR STFU!!! [Finger] [Finger]

#213127 - 17/02/05 01:01 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus Christensen:
Man this takes the cake, the kid actually likes the attention...Still wondering if he is the fat red head or the beatleshaired bean stalk...
At any rate, he's uglier than the pimple on my dog's ass!!!

#213128 - 17/02/05 01:03 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I have had lights on the roof of my Xterra for years and never had a problem with tree branches breaking them. Then again I am not going 90 miles and hour down some trail nor am I using Walmart (need I say more) lights.

From the videos I have seen on your website you have no right calling yourself a serious off-roader. Hell man, You are running street tires and still have the factory tin can step rails on.

Grow up a bit... run some real trails... get back with us in a few years. [Finger]
So what do you think Carlton? Would he have survived Hayward?!? Somehow, I don't think so!!!And some of those trails were doable on a tricycle!!!
[Huh?] [LOL]

#213129 - 17/02/05 05:55 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
You should see the video on his site where he gets stuck in a parking lot and has to have his friend in a WRX strap him out.

Classic web wheeler.

Also.. If you get the chance look at the video of him on the side of the road speeding through a little puddle.

This guy is a tool.

Here is a mirror of the video.

Dumbass getting stuck and trashing his school grounds

#213130 - 17/02/05 06:11 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

wow. I can't defend him anymore. Pulled out by a suburu??? Dude, that is sad. Got nothing to do w/ backup lights, but holy shiite! I'd rather leave my rig stuck in a snow bank, before I got a car to pull me out... Where the hell is your pride, son?! Geezus! Doesn't anybody at your school drive a truck?? Better yet, why are you driving over snow banks w/ street tires??? You know it's not going to make it; why even try??

#213131 - 17/02/05 06:28 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Better yet, why are you driving over snow banks w/ street tires??? You know it's not going to make it; why even try??
I think that's been answered for you over the course of this thread, by more than a few people. laugh

#213132 - 17/02/05 06:35 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

if this guy is indeed for real, he is by far the dumbest person ive ever witnessed.

i want to see a picture of the inside of badercarmas truck. I'm sure its in as lovely a shape as the exterior. [Uh Oh !]

#213133 - 17/02/05 06:38 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

On the positive side, this thread get an A++ for entertainment value.

This kid and his X should be on Jerry Springer!

Tom
laugh

#213134 - 17/02/05 07:03 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
You should see the video on his site where he gets stuck in a parking lot and has to have his friend in a WRX strap him out.
That's brilliant, pull at an angle, and towards the adjacent vehicle no less. Lucky he didn't fishtail right into it...

#213135 - 17/02/05 07:57 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Trihead Offline

Loc: Austin Texas
His mother should have knocked him in the head and sold the milk.

#213136 - 17/02/05 08:34 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramness:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b] did anybody else notice that brainiac didnt sheild
That’s some good spelling there moron, why don’t you Shut the FUCK up until you can lean how to spell.[/b]

[/b]
I hate to do this...

too :p

#213137 - 17/02/05 08:58 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

DERRRRR!!! [Huh?]

#213138 - 17/02/05 09:23 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ramness:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
did anybody else notice that brainiac didnt sheild

[/b]
I hate to do this...

too :p

I was going to call Brian on it, but being he's an old timer and this tool is nothing more than your garden variety jizzwad, I didn't.

Oh well. laugh

#213139 - 17/02/05 09:48 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, has this thread ever been entertaining [LOL] .........what a complete waste of skin the "Village Idiot" seems to be........I mean, I love Subaru's as much as anyone and would die for a WRX, but to get pulled out of a snow bank in a school parking lot by one.......he shouldnt be allowed to drive anythign but a 1984 Chevette I say........how could he ever say he is a REAL off road whiz when he gets his X stuck in a snowbank in a school parking lot [Spit] ........and he doesn't have the brain power to realize that this is embarrassing to most people who do any whewling. [Huh?] Of course, most people with an ounze of common sense would not have there X stuck in a snowbank in a parking lot.....what a jackass......definitly a leading candidate for the Automotive Darwin Award for 2004 or something...........what an idiot.......especially after the pics of the "Super Trooper" [Save the fine unicorns] ........wow, how does it still work, who knows?.....I just can't believe how stunned this guy is, he can't be out of high school yet to be this ignorant [Laughing] .......anywayz, keep the roasts cooming boys, it is so damn entertaining!!!! [LOL] [Wave]

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal