2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#214062 - 02/10/03 05:57 PM Re: Do not call...
Anonymous
Unregistered

yup.

#214063 - 02/10/03 06:09 PM Re: Do not call...
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
you got a PM laugh

#214064 - 02/10/03 09:08 PM Re: Do not call...
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
yup.
I could move to AZ to make 6 figures! I't my job to answer phones now among other things but I make jack doing it!

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#214065 - 02/10/03 09:49 PM Re: Do not call...
LAXterra Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
[b]
I'm still waiting for the day when they invent a phone that disables the ringer after a certain time frame from "Unknown" callers.
They already do. Unfortunately, it can be a hinderance, too. I have my number blocked, but my sister has blocked numbers blocked. So if I want to call her, I have to use a landline phone that gives out the ID.[/b]
Sean... it is called Privacy ID Service. laugh
If it is "Unknown" or "Out Of Area" my phone never rings. They have to "State your name or your companies name". Their computer never does it and my phone never rings. cool

If you are a live person an say "I'm from Joe's Siding" my phone rings. I press "1" to accept. I press "2" to block and the person gets a recording saying basically take me off your list and leave me alone.

Mobycat... if you are using a your landline phone you can temporarily unblock your number before each phone call.

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

#214066 - 09/10/03 12:56 AM Re: Do not call...
Costas Offline

Loc: Burnaby, B.C.
"Fuck off" followed by a hang-up usually works for me...in my humble opinion, my home telephone number is off-limits to ALL telemarketers, regardless of WTF they're selling! Get a real job, you lazy fuckers!

You don't know me, or my needs, so quit wasting my time and fuck off!

If I could abuse them any more, I would.

Sorry, that's how I feel.

#214067 - 09/10/03 05:10 AM Re: Do not call...
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
I look at it this way. I pay for my phone service. I only give my number out to those I want to call me. Telemarketers are freeloaders.
My wife and I put our names on the do-not-call list for telemarketers. We feel strongly that since we pay a monthly fee for telephone service to our home that these marketers are freeloading, using our lines to carry on their business.

This is just the same as going into someone's private office and freely using it and its equipment to carry on your own business.

#214068 - 09/10/03 01:48 PM Re: Do not call...
coferj Offline

Loc: Montgomery, AL
I just answer, and as soon as I hear the silence or hear them say my last name wrong, I say "take me off of your list" (which I know they're not going to do) and hang up. Yes, I know they are just doing their jobs, but that's not my problem.

#214069 - 09/10/03 02:29 PM Re: Do not call...
MaloCS Offline

I'm sorry. I don't care if the person on the other end of the call is Mother Teresa or Ghandi. They don't have the right to interfere with my privacy.

When I watch television I know I am going to subject myself to advertising. No problem, it's a choice I make. When I listen to the radio I know I will subject myself to advertising as well. Again, no problem, I made the choice to tune in. Same thing with magazines, newspapers, etc, etc, etc.

But when I'm at home, enjoying my family I should not be subjected to advertising I did not agree to. (This includes charities as well. If I want to donate money I'll contact you.) These people are basically kicking down my door and forcing themselves upon me and my family. I wont stand for it. They do not have this right.

Get another fucking job. I don't give a rat's ass if you're disabled, or whatever. STOP CALLING MY FUCKING HOUSE.

Now this doesn't mean that I don't sympathize will disabled people because I do. Just stop calling my home. PLEASE!

#214070 - 09/10/03 02:43 PM Re: Do not call...
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by MaloCS:
I'm sorry. I don't care if the person on the other end of the call is Mother Teresa or Ghandi.
Cool, a call from the dead.
I'd stay on the line for that laugh

#214071 - 09/10/03 02:46 PM Re: Do not call...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Quote:
Originally posted by MaloCS:
[b]I'm sorry. I don't care if the person on the other end of the call is Mother Teresa or Ghandi.
Cool, a call from the dead.
I'd stay on the line for that laugh [/b]
dammit, you stole my joke! [Laughing]

#214072 - 14/10/03 09:55 PM Re: Do not call...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Turn the tables, I try to sell them Something, ANYTHING!! Until they get so irritated they hang up.

Or I get thier Phone# & Address being in sales myself, and try to sell them. So far it has worked once.

#214073 - 14/10/03 10:02 PM Re: Do not call...
Bobby_X Offline

Who needs a phone these days anyway? I've been without a phone for a LONG time now, I only have my cellphone. In 5-6 years I've only had 2 telemarketers call, and I really let them have it.

#214074 - 14/10/03 10:49 PM Re: Do not call...
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bobby_X:
Who needs a phone these days anyway? I've been without a phone for a LONG time now, I only have my cellphone. In 5-6 years I've only had 2 telemarketers call, and I really let them have it.
I went on cell phone a few years ago and it's sure been nice. Unfortunately I am now moving to a "remote" location where cell phone coverage is sparse at best so I have to get a land line for my phone and a satellite dish for my internet.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal