2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#214532 - 12/09/03 07:52 AM Re: Sept. 11, 2001 ... Two years later...
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by Stonecoldchavez:

There is no dealing with these religious nuts. We should strike hard and strike fast and put the fear of Allah into them. Bomb them to hell. KILL THEM. It is much too difficult to sort out the good from the bad. Too bad.

Make the "so-called" good Muslims, which according to them far out number the terrorists, rise up and defeat the radical Muslims. Hmmmm....NOT. Will never happen. Muslims don't turn in other Muslims, right?

I agree with MBFlyerfan, Marshall Law should be declared in Iraq. The military should do what it it trained to do - GO ON THE OFFENSIVE! None of this mamby-pamby bullshit of being a police force. That is not their job. They are trained killers; go kill.

Don't get me started on the Palestinians and Israeli's.......

Stone
For once I agree with you Stone. The war between the Muslims and the West started in the late 80's and early 90's, yet the world as a whole seems to be in denile about it. I think everyone can now see that the US didn't go into Iraq hard enough, and to this day, the troops are spread way too thin to do a job they weren't trained for. If I were Bush right now, I'd be worried that this Iraq "Conflict" turns into another Vietnam because you know in the end, the Muslims we help today will turn on us eventually.

As for the Palestians and Israeli's, I say give the Palestians their state AND build a great big fucking wall between it and Israel. This way when Hamas strikes again, Israel can actually declare war and blow the shit out of them, putting the blame fully on the new Palestian State and it's people.

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#214533 - 12/09/03 09:49 AM Re: Sept. 11, 2001 ... Two years later...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will have to agree with MBFlyerfan's ideas to deal with suicide bombings on the civilian targets in Israel. It is called DETERRENCE. I will further add that by firing a missile at the families of a suicide bomber, it will cause suicide bombers to hide their identities after future attacks. This will cause the martyrdom movement to go underground, thus making it less attractive to those who want fame and fortune for their family. However, Hamas will simply switch to other tactics; they will simply NOT go away and one would be living in a dreamworld to think Islamic militants will simply disappear. There needs to be a real desire to work out a peace/land deal with the Palestinians. Their hatred for Israel and the USA go deep. Many are taught from adolescence to fight the Israelis and rise against the "infidels".

To respond to NY Madman, I am rather flattered that you thought I may be some left-wing professor from Concordia. You would be surprised how right-wing I am. Unfortunately, not everyone fits nicely into the two categories represented by the left and right political spectrums. Are you disappointed?

#214534 - 12/09/03 09:55 AM Re: Sept. 11, 2001 ... Two years later...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not sure if this message thread began as a tribute in remembrance of 9/11, but it appears to have been side-tracked to cover the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. Afterall, I do believe that is one of the contributing factors that resulted in 9/11. Maybe the Israeli/Palestinian topic deserves its own thread?

#214535 - 12/09/03 10:02 AM Re: Sept. 11, 2001 ... Two years later...
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Quote:
Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan... what we need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message.
Jeez, this has been posted here like 70 times already. Robin Williams did not write it, nor did Ted Nugent.

#214536 - 12/09/03 10:32 AM Re: Sept. 11, 2001 ... Two years later...
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by EAP:
Well I have never seen it on the XOC, and if they didn't write it, WHO did smart ass?
Not Robin Williams, dumb-ass . . .

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/williams.asp

Quote:
I thought you guys all needed to lighten up a little and thought this might help! Apparently not in your case…
Reposting stupid internet crap doesn't lighten moods . . .

Go to the Clubhouse, find the Booty Call thread, and contribute something worthwhile for your fellow XOCer . . .

Unless you can find us the Charlie Daniels-anti-celebrity rant. Haven't seen that one in a couple hours . . . :rolleyes:

#214537 - 12/09/03 10:35 AM Re: Sept. 11, 2001 ... Two years later...
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Well , allow me to Brent. Behold the power of "search":

If you had searched you would have found this Old , tired Robin Williams Hoax

Then it might have led you to this Comedian Robin Williams came up with a plan for how the U.S. should handle foreign affairs. False!

And with a little more effort you might have looked to Google for a second opinion and found this : Netlore Archive: Sarcastic \'peace plan...obin Williams

#214538 - 12/09/03 10:36 AM Re: Sept. 11, 2001 ... Two years later...
MBFlyerfan Offline

Thank you Graham. And you as well Socal.

#214539 - 12/09/03 10:51 AM Re: Sept. 11, 2001 ... Two years later...
socalpunx Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MBFlyerfan:

I Quick, lets name the terror supporting nations off the top of our heads. Iran, Iraq, Syria, Afganistan, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan.
You forgot Libya and Yemen. Momar Khadafi has been really smart keeping his crazy third world dictator routine to himself lately.

Quick question: What do five of the six countries on your list have in common?

Answer: We have supplied them with either weapons , money , intelligence , political support or all of the above in persuit of our goals. Why is it that every time we let a country hop in bed with us they end up hating us.

How soon before Pakistan thanks us for the billions we gave them to launch the Afghanistan war by attacking us? Or will we eventually decide that their millitary dictatorship in posession of REAL VERIFIED WMD is unacceptable?

#214540 - 12/09/03 10:59 AM Re: Sept. 11, 2001 ... Two years later...
MBFlyerfan Offline

Quote:
You forgot Libya and Yemen. Momar Khadafi has been really smart keeping his crazy third world dictator routine to himself lately.
Yeah, ever since our military parked a few missiles through his front door. [Spit]
Quote:
Why is it that every time we let a country hop in bed with us they end up hating us.
My take on this is the people who are responsible end up gaining too much influence. Then the radicals, using Islam as a tool, try to rally against us because of the terrible influence we have had on thier culture. You know, things like music, educating women, healthcare, womens rights, representative governmental ideas, you know, all that horrible western stuff.

#214541 - 12/09/03 11:17 AM Re: Sept. 11, 2001 ... Two years later...
socalpunx Offline

But Afghanistan was stil recieving aid from us ONE YEAR before the 9/11 attacks. We were fully aware of their politics and feelings towards western society and thinking towards us and they were suspected of harboring al queda.

We are fully aware of the Saudi's thoughts on women and western society and that was clearly amplified when eight of their citizens , funded by other (at least one) Saudis hopped on our airplanes and crashed them into our buildings filled with Americans. Yet , we continue to have diplomatic and financial relationships with them.

Pakistan is a military dictatorship with the same extremest muslum undercurrent as Afghanistan that is still happens to be in the midst of a cold war type nuclear showdown with India , yet we "needed" their support in our war against Afghanistan so we gave them lots of money and opened diplomatic ties.

What weren't we aware of when we did that? So , I ask again ; How long before that comes back to bite us on the ass?

#214542 - 12/09/03 11:22 AM Re: Sept. 11, 2001 ... Two years later...
MBFlyerfan Offline

I thought it has been biting us on the ass and that is why we are not running any more. If you dont think that our troops over in Iraq are not designed to also make Pakistan and Saudi Arabia tremble a bit, well I cant change your mind.

We know they are going to bite us in the ass. We give, and gave aid to nations because they suited our national interests at one time or another. A stong and influential America equals a safer world no matter what people try to say. I do not think there is anything wrong with that. This is also a huge reason why terrorists are after us. They want to take our influence away.

We were allies with USSR during WWII even though many of our military knew what they were and what they represented. It was a nessesary relationship. Just like when we gave money to Iraq to fight Iran. Just like when we contributed to Afganistan to fight the USSR. Just like now we need Pakistan so we can use thier airspace to hunt for Bin Laden. I understand these are relationships built on mutual convenience. But they are nessesary. France and Germany hate what we do so much at the moment because whether they like it or not, they need us. They hate this fact but it is a fact all the same.

I apologize if this has been posted before: On a lighter note.

Everyone seems to be wondering why Muslim terrorists are so quick to commit suicide.
Let's see now... No beer, No booze, No bars, No
television, No cheerleaders, No baseball, No
football, No basketball, No hockey, No golf, No
tailgate parties, No hooters, No pork BBQ, No
hot dogs, No burgers, No lobster, shellfish, or even frozen fish sticks. Rags for clothes and towels for hats. Constant wailing from the guy next door because he's sick and there are no doctors. Constant wailing from the guy in the tower who has been imprisoned because he cant grow a beard. No chocolate chip cookies. You can't shave, Your wife can't shave, You can't
shower to wash off the smell of donkey cooked over burning camel dung. The women have to
wear baggy dresses and veils at all times. Your bride is picked by someone else. She
smells just like your donkey. But your donkey has a better disposition. Then they tell you
that when you die it all gets better. No mystery here.

#214543 - 12/09/03 12:46 PM Re: Sept. 11, 2001 ... Two years later...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Everyone seems to be wondering why Muslim terrorists are so quick to commit suicide.
hot dogs, No burgers, No lobster, shellfish, or even frozen fish sticks. Rags for clothes and towels for hats. Constant wailing from the guy next door because he's sick and there are no doctors. Constant wailing from the guy in the tower who has been imprisoned because he cant grow a beard. No chocolate chip cookies. You can't shave, Your wife can't shave, You can't
shower to wash off the smell of donkey cooked over burning camel dung. The women have to
wear baggy dresses and veils at all times. Your bride is picked by someone else. She
smells just like your donkey. But your donkey has a better disposition. Then they tell you
that when you die it all gets better. No mystery here.[/QB]
You have failed to mention that when they do die, there are 72 willing virgins waiting for them in heaven. That would be an incentive for me to blow myself up!

#214544 - 12/09/03 02:28 PM Re: Sept. 11, 2001 ... Two years later...
MBFlyerfan Offline

Quote:
You have failed to mention that when they do die, there are 72 willing virgins waiting for them in heaven. That would be an incentive for me to blow myself up!
I guess this is why they kill all those women for showing thier faces or learning. They have to keep heaven stocked with enough virgins to fullfill the needs of all the ones our soldiers have sent there recently. laugh

#214545 - 12/09/03 02:58 PM Re: Sept. 11, 2001 ... Two years later...
ned946 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Let's see...

Terrorists attack the USA.
USA increases security for about a year.
USA then decreases security and kicks back, then attacks a country known to have terrorist ties.

I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again tomorrow.
And you sat on your butt the whole time talking smack. You're such the web hero. [Finger]

#214546 - 12/09/03 03:12 PM Re: Sept. 11, 2001 ... Two years later...
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
Quote:
Originally posted by lover of paulina rubio:
Quote:

that when you die it all gets better. No mystery here.
You have failed to mention that when they do die, there are 72 willing virgins waiting for them in heaven. That would be an incentive for me to blow myself up![/QB]
The Republican Propaganda Network (Fox News) aired a report that the interpretation of the Koran was incorrect that it was 72 grapes? Ridicule of a person's religion never goes over well.

I like Robin Williams interpretation that it was 72 Virginians. Bin Laden goes to heaven and gets lynched by George Washington and company.

#214547 - 12/09/03 06:05 PM Re: Sept. 11, 2001 ... Two years later...
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by lover of paulina rubio:

To respond to NY Madman, I am rather flattered that you thought I may be some left-wing professor from Concordia. You would be surprised how right-wing I am. Unfortunately, not everyone fits nicely into the two categories represented by the left and right political spectrums. Are you disappointed?
No... Of course I am not disappointed. I was merely responding to what you wrote in your first post. You seem to have changed your tune somewhat but I am skeptical of you. Why would anyone who considers themselves to slant to the right politically as you claim, be flattered to be mistaken for a Concordia University professor? That place is a groundswell of out of control leftism and support for Palestinian terrorism. Not to mention outward hatred for Jews and Israel.

I have agreed with some of the stuff in your later posts but you are seriously wrong if you think the Palestinian issue was in any way related to the attacks on 9/11. May I remind you there would be no Palestinian cause if it were not for the insane constant interference from the U.S. and other liberal Western nations.

#214548 - 12/09/03 06:35 PM Re: Sept. 11, 2001 ... Two years later...
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:

But Afghanistan was stil recieving aid from us ONE YEAR before the 9/11 attacks. We were fully aware of their politics and feelings towards western society and thinking towards us and they were suspected of harboring al queda.

We are fully aware of the Saudi's thoughts on women and western society and that was clearly amplified when eight of their citizens , funded by other (at least one) Saudis hopped on our airplanes and crashed them into our buildings filled with Americans. Yet , we continue to have diplomatic and financial relationships with them.

Pakistan is a military dictatorship with the same extremest muslum undercurrent as Afghanistan that is still happens to be in the midst of a cold war type nuclear showdown with India , yet we "needed" their support in our war against Afghanistan so we gave them lots of money and opened diplomatic ties.

What weren't we aware of when we did that? So , I ask again ; How long before that comes back to bite us on the ass?
First of all Socal.... 15 of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudi's. Not eight.

Regarding Pakistan... yeah it is a totally fucked up country. Basically our support for that country is really support for one man.. Gen. Musharraf. He doesn't even control the whole of his own country. I wouldn't really put him in the dictator category. He took control of the country in a coup to keep control away from the radical Islamist factions. He is hanging on by a thread. The U.S. military does have a plan to move in and take control of their nuclear weapons if anything were to happen to Musharraf or if those weapons somehow became compromised.

We also never gave weapons to all the countries you mentioned in one of your previous quotes. We stopped supporting Iran many years ago. At one time they were an ally. That was before Islamic fundamentalism spread throughout the Islamic world. The countries in the Middle East don't need American weapons. They can get them from China, Russia and many European countries. They don't need us to supply them.

You forgot to mention Pakistans biggest benefactor as far as nuclear technology and weapons... CHINA.

China is ramping up their weapons and misslile technology and soon it will be equivalent to ours. How did they get that technology? I think you know. China is selling and exporting this technology to all of our enemies. You may be surprised to know that they are also helping Brazil become a nuclear power. The leader of Brazil is a communist who hates the U.S. Also who controls both the eastern and western access to the Panama Canal? A front company for the People's Liberation Army...China.

We are surrounded by enemies, but who is our biggest enemy in the world today... it is China. They are arming the world and exercising influence in untold countries.... and no one in our country even talks about this. It has to make you wonder.

#214549 - 12/09/03 07:17 PM Re: Sept. 11, 2001 ... Two years later...
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
Quote:
I guess this is why they kill all those women for showing thier faces or learning. They have to keep heaven stocked with enough virgins to fullfill the needs of all the ones our soldiers have sent there recently. laugh
Just to correct a common fallacy. Not all muslims believe in opressing women as much as the Taliban did in Afghanistan. Iraq allowed women to show their faces and attend school, there was no rule that they couldn't. Out of the people I met it sounded just a little stricter than 1950's America. Women stay at home and take care of the family and men leave the house and work. And in Kuwait at the colleges women are pretty comfortable in Western styles and culture.

I'm pretty sure I have some pictures of educated Iraqi women dressed in western style clothing somewhere. She was a tour guide to the ruins of Babylon and a Professor in Archeology, which she earned during the decades of Saddams rule.

Xterra101.com

#214550 - 13/09/03 05:55 AM Re: Sept. 11, 2001 ... Two years later...
MBFlyerfan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kerensky97:
Quote:
[b]I guess this is why they kill all those women for showing thier faces or learning. They have to keep heaven stocked with enough virgins to fullfill the needs of all the ones our soldiers have sent there recently. laugh
Just to correct a common fallacy. Not all muslims believe in opressing women as much as the Taliban did in Afghanistan. Iraq allowed women to show their faces and attend school, there was no rule that they couldn't. Out of the people I met it sounded just a little stricter than 1950's America. Women stay at home and take care of the family and men leave the house and work. And in Kuwait at the colleges women are pretty comfortable in Western styles and culture.

I'm pretty sure I have some pictures of educated Iraqi women dressed in western style clothing somewhere. She was a tour guide to the ruins of Babylon and a Professor in Archeology, which she earned during the decades of Saddams rule.[/b]
And isnt this one of the reasons why the extremists hate us so much? For these very reasons they commit terrorist acts in the name of Islam. The so-called western influence on thier culture. All good Muslims all over the middle east need to start making a VERY PUBLIC outcry denouncing and ridding themselves of these extremists. This has not been done yet. In my eyes this lack of protest is one root of the problem. Maybe its the liberal media's fault. Because all I see on the news after every attack anywhere is a bunch of Idiots shooting thier guns into the air saying "death to America", or "Death to Israel!" (do they ever stop to think that these bullets come back down?)

Not once do I see a rally condemning these acts.

#214551 - 13/09/03 07:03 AM Re: Sept. 11, 2001 ... Two years later...
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
All good Muslims all over the middle east need to start making a VERY PUBLIC outcry denouncing and ridding themselves of these extremists. This has not been done yet. In my eyes this lack of protest is one root of the problem. Maybe its the liberal media's fault. Because all I see on the news after every attack anywhere is a bunch of Idiots shooting thier guns into the air saying "death to America", or "Death to Israel!" (do they ever stop to think that these bullets come back down?)

Not once do I see a rally condemning these acts.
This got me wondering... I know that some people have satellite in the area...but how much foreign news do most of the people really get?
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal