shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#216461 - 12/04/05 06:31 PM Upstate NY Xterra Owners?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Unless your close to New England or live near Western PA, there is no Xterra club for Upstate NYers. I live in Binghamton and would love to get my x dirty.

So...any other upstate x owners here? maybe we could start a club? (UNYX?)

#216462 - 13/04/05 02:15 AM Re: Upstate NY Xterra Owners?
FinallyAnXer Offline

Loc: Bradford, PA
You may be able to find some other wheelers (maybe not Xterra specific) on the Paragon Adventure Park website.

Paragon\'s forum

I noticed on their board, several folks from your area. Hope that helps. I'm in Western PA, and still have at least a 3 hour drive to get to the heart of the WPaXC. smile

-Jeremy

#216463 - 13/04/05 03:00 PM Re: Upstate NY Xterra Owners?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I live in Oneonta, and you are right. But if you want, I can show you some great trails up here.

Also, check this out:

http://www.niora4x4club.com/event

And this:

http://ultra.litpixel.com:90/

Or here:

http://bb.njax.net/

They may be in NJ, but are friendly to us New Yorkers, and you are closer than I am.

#216464 - 14/04/05 07:57 AM Re: Upstate NY Xterra Owners?
Anonymous
Unregistered

well,i just got my xterra a few weeks ago, and it's my first 4x4 suv.

My x is stock, but reading this board has given me the itch to have some fun with it and get it muddy.

it might be nice to at least have our own upstate ny forum on here if there are enough people from around here on this board.

Daggerdoggie..i sent you an email.

#216465 - 04/05/05 03:07 PM Re: Upstate NY Xterra Owners?
Anonymous
Unregistered

how do you think I feel... Im all the way over near Buffalo frown granted- I have more fun in the snow than any of you :-P ..but still.. I like mud too!!!

#216466 - 04/05/05 04:31 PM Re: Upstate NY Xterra Owners?
FinallyAnXer Offline

Hey there.. Buffalo isn't too far from Bradford. I'm trying to get more information on the trails the jeeps run here for the Jeep Jamboree, so that I can get all the necessary permission, but if you're ever down this way... I can take you a few places that are fun, keep will give the stock X a good excersize, and won't get us in trouble.

btw, Welcome to the club!

-Jeremy

#216467 - 04/05/05 04:41 PM Re: Upstate NY Xterra Owners?
Anonymous
Unregistered

2.5 hour drive- that's nothin! any good places to go camping out there? Im looking for a decently remote place to take my boys (tobie and keiper) camping and also get some offroad action at the same time.. I see a bunch of X's around here- but they're mostly driven by soccer moms..

#216468 - 04/05/05 08:52 PM Re: Upstate NY Xterra Owners?
FinallyAnXer Offline

I think I could drive to Buffalo in reverse, in 2.5 hours.

Its about 1.5 depending where in Buffalo you're coming from.

We border Allegheny National Forest (PA side) and Allegany State Park (NY Side.) There are lots of designated campgrounds as well as trails (North Country Trail) if you're into backpacking.

Allegheny National Forest

Allegany State Park (there are two sides, Quaker & Red House.)

If you need any specifics let me know.

-Jeremy

#216469 - 05/05/05 07:06 AM Re: Upstate NY Xterra Owners?
Anonymous
Unregistered

^that's mapquest for yah [Too much XOC]

Ive camped at allegeny before- we were actually gonna go Memorial Day weekend- but all the cabins are reserved and knowing NY weather it'll probably be snowing- so we're waiting till that weekend and if it's gonna be nice we'll just pack up the truck and go tent camping smile If I can figure out the PMs on this board, I'll PM you smile , thanks a bunch!

#216470 - 13/05/05 05:37 PM Re: Upstate NY Xterra Owners?
Anonymous
Unregistered

You upper New Yorkers can always cross the border and come play in Ontario with the SOXC. [Wave]

http://www.soxc.org

#216471 - 30/06/05 09:18 PM Re: Upstate NY Xterra Owners?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok...the wait is over. The Upstate NY Xterra Owners Club website is now live!

Click here to visit the new UNYX site !

#216472 - 01/07/05 03:31 AM Re: Upstate NY Xterra Owners?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by X-treme:
You upper New Yorkers can always cross the border and come play in Ontario with the SOXC. [Wave]

http://www.soxc.org
Maybe we Upstaters can orgaize a trip to your great Country sometime. Lets talk at ECXC. laugh

MPM, This is just great. Upstate New Yorkers stand up an be counted! laugh

#216473 - 01/07/05 05:45 AM Re: Upstate NY Xterra Owners?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm hoping that the site will pull more out of the woodwork..

#216474 - 06/07/05 04:13 PM Re: Upstate NY Xterra Owners?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll be signing up as soon as I get a picture.

#216475 - 09/07/05 09:52 PM Re: Upstate NY Xterra Owners?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you!! This is just what I've been waiting for... I too will be sending in some info when I can get a worthy pic... and if I don't, at least you know I'm here.

#216476 - 10/07/05 11:52 AM Re: Upstate NY Xterra Owners?
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey furyx- anytime u wanna get together lemme know- i'll dupe Jeremy into running some more trails as well wink

#216477 - 11/07/05 05:42 PM Re: Upstate NY Xterra Owners?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Excellent!! I'm game for whenever...except I should probably ditch the grabbers first, not only are they not that great, they're not the freshest either, especially the fronts. I've been procrastinating while trying to figure out what direction I wanted to take, i.e. body lift & larger tires, or not. Other than that I'm looking forward to getting the X out in the woods. Where did you find to wheel, somewhere in PA?

#216478 - 11/07/05 06:08 PM Re: Upstate NY Xterra Owners?
Anonymous
Unregistered

yep- it's in bradford pa.. Jeremy took me there my first and second time wheeling- good times! there's a thread in 'pictures' titled 'quick little run tonight' i do believe- there're some pics in there of where we were smile check your PMs

#216479 - 19/07/05 05:56 AM Re: Upstate NY Xterra Owners?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by furyX:
Thank you!! This is just what I've been waiting for... I too will be sending in some info when I can get a worthy pic... and if I don't, at least you know I'm here.
You can always sign up now and send the photo when you get one!

#216480 - 19/07/05 04:16 PM Re: Upstate NY Xterra Owners?
silverxglider Offline

Loc: Andes, NY
Hey, all. [Wave]

Not much of an offroader here but I'll try to get a decent pic (and not in the driveway) to stand up and be counted.

#216481 - 19/07/05 05:05 PM Re: Upstate NY Xterra Owners?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by silverxglider:
Hey, all. [Wave]

Not much of an offroader here but I'll try to get a decent pic (and not in the driveway) to stand up and be counted.
We need more upstate X's from the middle of nowhere like me! laugh

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal