2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#227946 - 08/12/03 12:01 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
MaloCS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by fmsmitty:
Dude,

I'm not gonna flame you for wanting to have some sound in you X...but I would like to say, as a homeowner, nothing pisses me off more than someone booming down the street. I mean, why the hell should I have to listen to some rediculously loud repetitive booming crap. It's even worse if the windows are down and you hear the lyrics as well. I don't know if you're one to do this, but I would hope that you are considerate of other people's right not to have to listen to you as you jam on your system.
What's the big deal? Someone driving down the street bassing is only in earshot for 30 seconds or so. I agree with your liberty to complain but come on, let's focus our energy on something that will make a difference. Sheesh.

#227947 - 08/12/03 12:21 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
bennet Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by MaloCS:
Quote:
Originally posted by fmsmitty:
[b]Dude,

I'm not gonna flame you for wanting to have some sound in you X...but I would like to say, as a homeowner, nothing pisses me off more than someone booming down the street. I mean, why the hell should I have to listen to some rediculously loud repetitive booming crap. It's even worse if the windows are down and you hear the lyrics as well. I don't know if you're one to do this, but I would hope that you are considerate of other people's right not to have to listen to you as you jam on your system.
What's the big deal? Someone driving down the street bassing is only in earshot for 30 seconds or so. I agree with your liberty to complain but come on, let's focus our energy on something that will make a difference. Sheesh.[/b]
First I'll say to the initial poster, your post did not pull my response here. I don't know how you play your music. Like everybody else has said, it looks like a nice installation.

But regarding bassing... I don't like it. And I've always been into metal, and mild rap, and music that I play loud. But not so loud to continuously annoy other people.

I wouldn't mind if it was occasional. But shit, at every other intersection, while stuck at a traffic light for several minutes, I can't hear my own music, or the conversation between the people in the vehicle, because some asswipe has to gain his pitiful self-esteem by rattling everybody's windows.

I used to live in the traffic pattern of the local AFB. I got tired of that noise, too, but at least there is a good reason for it.

It's fucking noise pollution, and there's no good reason for it. The person playing it is not pounding bass for musical clarity. He's doing it to either annoy or gain attention. What a joke.

#227948 - 08/12/03 02:27 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by bennet:
That "Xterra" printed (decaled) on the side of your truck, is that the same as appears on the bulge of jack's truck?
CLICK HERE

Whose doing that stuff and why?
It's similar but not quite the same, I think the decal on mine is a bit larger. As I said mine was dealer applied, so I have no clue where or who they come from. I can get you the contact info for the dealer if you would like to get some, maybe they can help you out.

#227949 - 08/12/03 02:34 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

As for the noise...

I dont sub-out all the time. Probably only 25% of the time at best, but when I see fit to do it, you best beleive I will. I would hardly ever sit at a stop light and just sub the whole time, but again if I want to I will. I can understand what you say about musical clarity, bennet, because most of the stuff you here is so distorted the driver cant understand it. Thats not the case with mine though, not to try an brag, but I can crank it very high without the least bit of distortion.

#227950 - 08/12/03 03:15 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Very nice! Looks great, not as big a box as some I have seen posted. Still leaves a little room for some gear.

I like the monitor, Id like to get a flip down one hooked up to a computer in the back eventually for mapping software through the GPS.

I also like the graphics on the side! I have seen some ugly graphics on cars before but those look good! (Clean the brake dust off your wheels next time! Hehe)

People that play loud bass at stop lights suck!

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#227951 - 08/12/03 03:28 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just out of curiosity, what would your response be if a professional drummer followed you around to every stop light beating on a trash can? Sure it could sound good for a while but it would definitely get irritating. Now what makes me want to get out of my X and slap the shit out of someone is when dudes pull up all looking around like they need everyone to know it's them playing music loudly. I think I'll get stickers made with cookies on them and slap them on people's cars to let them know that their special... :rolleyes:

#227952 - 09/12/03 05:09 AM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

The cookie sticker idea is sweet man, you need to get some made and do it. I also think it would be bad ass to have a drummer running after me with a trash can beating on it. Man that would be awesome.

#227953 - 09/12/03 10:01 AM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

What's the big deal? Someone driving down the street bassing is only in earshot for 30 seconds or so. I agree with your liberty to complain but come on, let's focus our energy on something that will make a difference. Sheesh.

My comment on this post is something I feel strongly about. If personal freedoms aren't something to comment on to "make a difference" then I don't know what is. If you own a system like this then you must beware of your environment and other people's right not to hear this shit. For example, how would you like to be at a graveside funeral sevice and hear somebody rollin' by with their Ludicris cranked up. [Huh?] Not to cool now huh? Or how about an outdoor wedding and you are exchanging vows with your betrothed. It's the little things like this that make a difference to me. The majority of people these days are far too oblivious to their surroundings.

p.s. Focus your energy on this. [Finger]

#227954 - 09/12/03 02:18 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

In the words of Joe Dirt, DAAAAANNNNGGG. Hey, smitty what about my personal freedom to do what I want. This is the U.S. of A.

p.s. Go take your Prozac, bro.

#227955 - 09/12/03 04:43 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I'm not sure why anyone wants others to hear what they've got? I turn my stereo up on the highway, but in town I turn it down because there's a lot more going on around me that requires more attention, and if I'm in a parking lot, stop light, or such I turn it almost off. Not only do I not appreciate others that blast their music unecessarily, but I'm not interested in sharing my stereo equipment with the local thugs either.

#227956 - 09/12/03 05:05 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fellows come on, I know exactaly what all of you are saying, but I'm not the guy your speaking of. Some here just assume I am. As I previously stated I'm only booming about 25% of the time at best. I feel your pain about the guy leaving a car booming while in a store or likewise, but you can bet your a$$ my truck is off and locked when I'm not in it. Lets stop making assumptions and stop taking your anger out on me just because I am capible of ratteling windows.

#227957 - 09/12/03 05:48 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Sobored,
Unless I missed something, nobody was directing their rants at you. They were just making general statements. No need to be so defensive.

I believe its illegal to drive with headphones on. The reason for this is so you can hear people honking, emergency vehicles approaching, children playing, trains coming, etc. Not only is it noise pollution and bad common couresty to blast your radio - but its also not safe.

Ever wonder why buses stop at railroad tracks and open the doors? It's so the bus driver can listen for approaching trains. The factor of safety goes up if the driver using his/her sight and hearing.

Being able to listen to your environment while you are driving is a key safety item. Blasting a car radio to the point where you cannot hear your environment should be illegal for that reason alone. (Not to mention the long term health risks to your ears)

I always wondered about those high end luxury cars with all the noise reduction measures. Sure its really quiet in there, but can you hear someone honking at you? Can you hear the ambulance coming toward you?

As for the sticker in quesiton, it looks like Alfonse's stickers available at: http://www.xterrastuff.com/decals/index.html

#227958 - 10/12/03 01:34 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

SoBored20,

In reference to your comment,

Quote:
Hey, smitty what about my personal freedom to do what I want. This is the U.S. of A.

p.s. Go take your Prozac, bro.
By the way, my comments were NOT specifically directed toward you, but since you chimed in...

Have you not been reading any of this thread, and did you not pay attention in U.S. Government class? When your personal freedoms infringe upon the rights of others then we have problems. That's why we have these little things called laws. Ever heard of 'em, or have you been too busy doing "what you want"?

Hey, I got an idea...how 'bout I take this so called prozac you say I need and shove it right, straight up your ass- bottle and all. Then maybe for some exercise, I take a sledgehammer to your brand new sound system that you've just installed. By your rationale, this is the U.S. of A. and I should be able to do this. Right? Wrong. Even if that is what I want (which it isn't) I wouldn't do that because we have laws that protect our rights, property, etc. Plus, that's just not my style, bro. cool

Now, that having been said, I don't think it is too much to ask for those who bass out to be considerate of the rights of others who do not wish to hear it.

#227959 - 10/12/03 03:09 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

The only time I turn up my stock stereo, which only goes up so far, is when a good-ass bitchin' metallica song's on. Other than that, its either barely on, or its off all together.

-DD

p.s. consider turning off the stereo more often. sometimes listening to the idling of the engine alone makes my day. smile my stick-shifters will agree, I hope.

#227960 - 10/12/03 08:01 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, If I were betting man I would say the majority of the people that dont like the "bassin" sh*t" are of the older more mature types. I would first say the comment about this being the U S of A, damn snowboarder or what ever your name is I belive you were 10years old and still having mom wipe your ass when I was in Saudi, not many years later in Somalia, Bosnia, Panama, Honduras and a couple others. So tell me about the right to annoy others and to be rude? It sounds to me you need a lesson in respect, Its fine that you ride the coat tails of all of our founding fathers, but lets not forget the price they paid. One of the people you are could be annoying could be me or another soldier who fought in WWI, the battle of Bastonge, The Tet offensive, Panama, Gernada, Desert Storm, Mogadishu, and the current war against terroist Enduring Freedom.
Alittle respect will get you a long ways.

#227961 - 11/12/03 05:53 AM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Little boys....

#227962 - 11/12/03 07:17 AM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice original thought.

#227963 - 11/12/03 08:04 AM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
uncwmusca Offline

Loc: Wilmington
When I had my system, I would only turn it down when in a neighborhood, at a stop sign or stop light and definetly when I drove by a church out of respect. Other than that, I used to play the hell out of them and not give. You only live once, stop bitching!!! [Argue]

#227964 - 11/12/03 08:21 AM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
uncwmusca Offline

SoBored,
I just wanted to say that you should use the profile of some these fools to your advantage. Now you know where to bring your car, such as lubbock , Tx and Waxahachie, Texas. I believe they will enjoy your presence while you drive around their town with your stereo up [Spit] I'm sure some of us would like to be there too to see how tough these guys really are.

#227965 - 11/12/03 08:45 AM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Keep up the good work [Rainbow] college boys, I'm sure your parents are proud of you.

#227966 - 11/12/03 01:06 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
uncwmusca Offline

#227967 - 11/12/03 05:26 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Another nice original thought coming from the young minds of America. I take it you guys are getting the point.

#227968 - 11/12/03 05:49 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I suppose I have to bring my point down to a childs level so uncwmusca and sonowboard can follow. First of all uncwmusca I am not trying to start a fight, although it does not surprise me that a guy who lives in a gym pushing more weight than his IQ would jump straight to violence when he inquires to how tough "these guys are".
Simply put, respect, a person earns it they are not born with it. Driving around town like some little rude punk forcing everyone to be subjected to your music is not the way to earn nor be respectful. As far as playing it loud Im all about it, Im perfectly fine with it but there is a time and a place for that.

#227969 - 11/12/03 06:56 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
uncwmusca Offline

Thank you for talking down to my level, now I finally understand...
You must have not read what I wrote earlier about turning my music down during certain times for respect for certain people and events. And yes, I can bench over 130.

#227970 - 11/12/03 07:02 PM Re: Thought you "might" want to see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

You know you are right, and Im sorry. After I posted I realized my mistake. Im not to proud to admit I was wrong. (Damn, this sounds like the post argument talks I have with my wife.)
Anyway, I am fine with the loud music and what you do/did when you had/have your system is the right idea.
Boy, that Crow was good!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal