2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#228069 - 03/06/02 10:04 AM Shooting for the moon…
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
Picture taken at the Holcomb Creek trail in Big Bear, CA with the Dirt Devils as we ran a gantlet of 3 difficult rocky black diamond trails in a row laugh

When I have some more time I will post some more actions shots & maybe video. Sure was fun & sweet to complete those trails, everybody else had lockers and much more lift then I did.

BTW that’s no pose wink I successfully navigated that obstacle by using my boulder bars to slide over the boulder on the driver’s side

#228070 - 03/06/02 11:49 AM Re: Shooting for the moon…
Axle Offline

Loc: Fort Carson, CO
When was this? I was with a group of buddies Saturday and we also ran the holcomb trail. I remember going over those boulders too. We also ran the Deep Creek trail in both directions.

#228071 - 03/06/02 12:02 PM Re: Shooting for the moon…
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
Holy sh*t! You made it up and over okay? Man, that looks... Intimidating! eek

Long live sliders!

#228072 - 03/06/02 04:49 PM Re: Shooting for the moon…
Anonymous
Unregistered

Glad to see you had such a GREAT time, Brian. Wish I could have gone, but both Steven and I were not up to the challenge (he with tonsilitis, me fighting cold/flu/whatever it is that seems to be going around) [Too much XOC] .

My hat's off to Steve at All-J Products -- those boulder bars have certainly saved us many times!! The Dirt Devils certainly give us the opportunities to use them, for sure!! laugh

See you soon,
LJ

#228073 - 04/06/02 05:06 PM Re: Shooting for the moon…
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
Blue,

Hope you guys get better quickly smile

Yeah, can’t say enough about the boulder bars they show virtually no sign of wear after all the abuse. Besides tires they seem to get the most use, hands down the best part/accessories modification I have made.

Phreak,

The bars did there job again and I made a clean pass/slider over those boulders with no damage/or touch on anything. There is a easier bypasses available that some take.

Axle,

This past sunday 6/2 and we only came across a couple of other vehicles the whole day.

cool you guys had the opportunity to run some BB trails. So what was everybody driving & do you have any pictures? Funny you should mention the Deep Creek Trail 3N34 (AKA Dishpan Springs) because that’s the trail adopted by the club (Dirt Devils) that I was running with. Besides the boulders those whoop-de-doos on Dish Pan Hill are fun laugh and the uphill direction is a lot tougher on that trail. BTW can you send me some pictures of the FIPK?

#228074 - 05/06/02 07:01 AM Re: Shooting for the moon…
Axle Offline

Loc: Fort Carson, CO
Well if I had known you were up there I would have stuck around. I ended up leaving abou 9:00 sunday morning because everyone else was too so I was left with no one the wheel with.

The group I was with included 2 '98 Wrangler with the rubicon kits and 35's. 1 stock 99 wrangler with 31's. 2 older land cruisers with massive lifts and 35's. A '85 toy with dual t'cases, bobbed bed, F&R lockers, totally decked out for rock crawling. And finally an '85 4 runner set up pretty much the same way as the toy truck. I forgot to take my camera with me so I am waiting on the others to send me the pics they took.

As for the FIPK system I still have the stock air box on both trucks right now. We are waiting for K&N to call us back so they can do the fitting for the heat shield. I'll keep you posted on the progress though and put up pics as soon as they're available.

#228075 - 10/06/02 05:00 PM Re: Shooting for the moon…
Krieves Offline

Loc: Indiana
Wow, incredible picture.
Safari Basket

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal