2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#24468 - 26/09/05 05:56 AM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by 10,000M Runner:
Wow eek I had no idea what I was starting with this thread. I was just asking a question.
See what you started, man...Hey, you making us San Antonians look bad...
I guess it looks like the 4x4's are winning the War...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#24469 - 26/09/05 07:03 AM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TremorX:
Quote:
Originally posted by dezurtrat:
[b]That's it! I'm going 4x4, just think what it could do for MY image!
[/b]
Yeah. TremorX knows, first hand.

Tremor with 4x2:

with 4x4 now:

Quote:
Originally posted by TremorX:
Make you go from flamboyantly gay, to being in the closet and so afraid to express yourself that you have to carry in your hands no less than TWO penile compensators?
Since you're clearly addressing me, I'll reply. That picture is when I took my wife to Vegas last year for her b-day. We both "dressed up" for the occasion. Call people whatever you want, I know you ain't got the cajones to say that sh!t to my face.

#24470 - 27/09/05 10:13 AM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
Anonymous
Unregistered

bump... I think a coupe of people were looking for the pics in this thread...

#24471 - 28/09/05 08:30 AM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey JeffW,
man, don't tell me that the Beretta in your hand is only a model 92 9mm or .40 cal. SEMI-auto. Christ, how gay are you? All the real men with the select fire model 93R with semi AND 3 round burst and 25 or 50 round mag know that the 92 is a useless piece of crap. The semi-auto only can never get you through the ambushes and fire fights the 93R will save your butt in. Oh well, mistake on your part buying that useless hunk of metal. I hope you can still get off strokin' your 4X4 though.

#24472 - 28/09/05 08:38 AM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TxDave:
Hey JeffW,
man, don't tell me that the Beretta in your hand is only a model 92 9mm......
Nope.

It's a toy.

The machete is so dull it's about as likely as a broomstick to cut anything.......

Quote:
......The semi-auto only can never get you through the ambushes and fire fights the 93R will save your butt in. Oh well, mistake on your part buying that useless hunk of metal. I hope you can still get off strokin' your 4X4 though.
If you think a pistol is a useful weapon in a firefight? [Freak] Spoken like someone who hasn't served. The military issues (real) weapons for a reason.

That pic was taken in my garage. There ain't ambushes in my neighborhood. If ther are in yours, perhaps it's time to think about moving.

Regardless, I'd rather be stuck with a $14.95 useless toy from Kmart than a $20K+ useless wannabe minivan.

[Finger]

#24473 - 28/09/05 10:47 AM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, a toy gun and a dull machete.
Poser?
Wanna be?
Or just a complete ass?

#24474 - 28/09/05 11:08 AM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
Anonymous
Unregistered

I choose a 4x4 because I like to be able to go anywhere I want when I want no matter what. Plus, I live in BFE and when it snows four wheel comes in pretty handy!

#24475 - 28/09/05 12:14 PM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
Anonymous
Unregistered

LaGrange, huh... That's just right down the road.

Anyways, I went w/ 4x4, because the mileage hit was only 1 MPG on the window sticker, which is negligeable. And there wasn't a price difference between the ones I was looking at. I sacrificed a trim model level, for the 4x4... Big whoop.

#24476 - 28/09/05 01:17 PM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Oh, a toy gun and a dull machete.
Poser?
Wanna be?
Or just a complete ass?
It's called a joke.

The complete a$$ is the inbred idiot who can't tell the difference between a gun and a toy.

He spends his time in fear of "ambushes" in his neighborhood.

He also drives a 2wd minivan that looks like a 4x4.

[img]http://www.whitescarver.com/erinjeff/Owned/GGAAYY.bmp[/img]

[img]http://www.whitescarver.com/erinjeff/Owned/GGAAYY.bmp[/img]

#24477 - 28/09/05 04:12 PM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
4x4 versus 4x2 is the same principal as a condom in your wallet. Its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#24478 - 28/09/05 06:38 PM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
BlueSky Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Lloyd Swartz:
Quote:
Besides, a well-driven 4x2 can go ALMOST anywhere you're going in 4WD anyway.

And BTW...my guess is that you guys who are always screaming [Rainbow] at anybody you disagree with are probably buying your underwear from Victoria's Secret.
First, a 4X2 can go NOWHERE a 4x4 can. An open diffed 4x4 has a chance to go some places, if it has big tires, but that requires full throttle abuse. Try a trail sometime. As far as most of us never using 4x4? Hmm, mine had 800 miles on it when I ran 4+ rated trails in Moab, and there were dozens of others along. And so what if I buy my underwear from Victoria's Secret? [Finger]

Dont be offended, but I am curious after that last post. How many 4x2 owners are liberal Vs conservative?[/QB]
You're amazingly full of s***. WTF does liberal vs. conservative have to do with anything? Is liberal another label you throw around (like the rainbow) when someone has a point of view different from yours?

I've been on this board for 4 years longer than you, and have seen many threads like this one. The general consensus is that 4x2 X's are capable off-road aside from the truly hardcore stuff.

But that's beside the point. People buy/drive what they want to and what works for them. If that's 4x4 with sliders, a lift, and a snorkel, great. If it's 4x2 stock, that's great too. It's not up to keyboard commandos like you to decide whose truck is ok and whose isn't. :rolleyes:

#24479 - 28/09/05 07:03 PM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I've been on this board for 4 years longer than you, and have seen many threads like this one. The general consensus is that 4x2 X's are capable off-road aside from the truly hardcore stuff.

But that's beside the point. People buy/drive what they want to and what works for them. If that's 4x4 with sliders, a lift, and a snorkel, great. If it's 4x2 stock, that's great too. It's not up to keyboard commandos like you to decide whose truck is ok and whose isn't. :rolleyes:
[ThumbsUp]

#24480 - 28/09/05 07:20 PM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
oleblue Offline

Loc: Winter Park, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeX:
[b]
Quote:

[ThumbsUp] [/b]
X2 [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

#24481 - 28/09/05 07:25 PM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Talk about fatuous, prosaic, and profoundly jejune arguments for 4x4! The salient fact is this(and yes, Jeff, put down the machete and the beer and pay attention...if you can): both versions of the Xterra serve their purposes.

You can expatiate and pontificate all you want...but there are a cornucopia of reasons someone buys a 4x2 or a 4x4. Both are valid. Both are sincere. And most importantly, both are part of the XTerra family. Or should be.

And I admit, if I am honest, that if I lived where it did snow on a daily basis...then I would have seriously considered a 4x4. However, Palm Springs, CA does not require a 4x4. It's great around town. It's great on the freeway. It looks terrific--and the wife and kids love it. It handles great on "normal" off-road conditions.

So yes...it works for me! Just as I am sure other 4x2 owners got if for the reasons that suit them. And for the 4x4 owners...I have no gripe with you. Just STOP THE EGREGIOUS AND SPECIOUS ARGUMENT THAT ONLY A 4x4 is Xterra. It's a fallacious and bullshit argument--and takes away from what this owners club should be.

#24482 - 28/09/05 07:40 PM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky42:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
Besides, a well-driven 4x2 can go ALMOST anywhere you're going in 4WD anyway........
First, a 4X2 can go NOWHERE a 4x4 can........[/b]
.........The general consensus is that 4x2 X's are capable off-road aside from the truly hardcore stuff.......[/QB]
I've never heard that consensus.

4x2's are fine for paved or dirt roads, but unacceptable for offroad. Even 2wds with lockers have significant trouble on small obstacles.

#24483 - 28/09/05 07:43 PM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by woodyas:
.......Jeff, put down the machete and the beer and pay attention...if you can......
LMFAO!

great point!

for you!

#24484 - 28/09/05 08:18 PM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Talk about fatuous, prosaic, and profoundly jejune arguments for 4x4! The salient fact is this
Wow! Those are some mighty big words, I wonder just how many people are truly going to understand...
"And you are a fastiggio. See, I can make up words too!" - Peter Griffin

#24485 - 29/09/05 03:13 AM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Or is the ass the one who has lots of time to post many colorful flags on a site, is dumb enough to explain that he is a man based on the vehicle he drives, is stupid enough to post ridiculous photos of himself on an internet site, and then has to defend his masculinity because of those photos? All of this after someone has asked a simple question of why did you buy a particular vehicle.

#24486 - 29/09/05 06:00 AM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
BlueSky Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
Besides, a well-driven 4x2 can go ALMOST anywhere you're going in 4WD anyway........
.........The general consensus is that 4x2 X's are capable off-road aside from the truly hardcore stuff.......[/b]

4x2's are fine for paved or dirt roads, but unacceptable for offroad. Even 2wds with lockers have significant trouble on small obstacles.[/QB]

You never heard that consensus because it was discussed way before you came to the board. To be fair, by "consensus" I meant the result of specific threads where people with 4x2's were going on club offroad outings and while they occasionally needed assistance from a 4x4, on the whole, they held their own.

A lot depends on the skill and experience level of the driver. 4x4 is not magic that makes anybody Mr. Offroader - witness the many instances posted on this board of people rolling or damaging their vehicles while offroading.

My problem isn't with a debate over what vehicle can do what. That's fine; you have your opinion and while we might disagree, that's fine too. My problem is with the people who obviously need some kind of ego stroke and try to get it through the tired BS of "mine's better than yours" for whatever reason - in this case 4WD. And they belittle others and throw out rainbows and call names, etc. It's pathetically obvious - to everybody but them - that they have some shortcomings, and while some competent therapy might help, 4WD will not.

#24487 - 29/09/05 06:43 AM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
quote:
.........The general consensus is that 4x2 X's are capable off-road aside from the truly hardcore stuff.......[/b]

4x2's are fine for paved or dirt roads, but unacceptable for offroad. Even 2wds with lockers have significant trouble on small obstacles.

You never heard that consensus because it was discussed way before you came to the board............people who obviously need some kind of ego stroke.......pathetically obvious - to everybody but them - that they have some shortcomings, and while some competent therapy might help, 4WD will not.[/QB]
You keep talking about how long you've been on the board, but who cares? Feel free to link me to the threads that prove 2wds are good offroad. [Freak] I assure you they are WORTHLESS outside of improved dirt roads in CO.

I haven't belittled anybody, but am happy to reply to those who call names.

This really isn't about ego. It's about my inability to understand why someone would buy a minivan that is "dressed up" like a 4x4.

To each his own. Do everybody a favor and don't compare the offroad capabilities of 4x22 vs 4x4. That kind of talk could get someone naive killed.......

#24488 - 29/09/05 07:46 AM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
BlueSky Offline

Quote:
You keep talking about how long you've been on the board, but who cares? Feel free to link me to the threads that prove 2wds are good offroad. [Freak] I assure you they are WORTHLESS outside of improved dirt roads in CO.

This really isn't about ego. It's about my inability to understand why someone would buy a minivan that is "dressed up" like a 4x4.

QB]
The point's not how long I've been here, it's that this was debated and settled long before you got here.

What you say may be true...in CO. Offroading is obviously very different depending on topography and climate. So whatever's true where you live must apply everywhere else? Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

If you're talking about 4x2 X's as minivans that are dressed up as 4x4's, I really don't get it. Unmodded 4x4's are identical to 4x2's from the outside except for a couple of center caps and some undercarriage stuff most people won't see or recognize anyway. So in effect, you're dissing your own ride.

And finally, if you can't drive what you want and be cool with others who drive what they want, it IS about ego.

#24489 - 29/09/05 07:59 AM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
BlueSky Offline

Drivers of this vehicle generally frown on those "poseur" off-roaders who "only" have 4WD. One said, "Why would anyone buy a 4WD minivan dressed up as a 6WD?" wink

#24490 - 29/09/05 08:28 AM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Take it easy Boys and Girls...this is getting carried away here...the Question was "4x2 or 4x4 why did you??"....not "My Xterra is better than yours cause I have a 4x4, so let's rag on the 4x2's"...C'mon, man !!!!

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#24491 - 29/09/05 10:07 AM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
monkeyman Offline

Loc: raleigh_nc
i got a 4x4 so no one on the board would verbally assault me for having bougfht a 4x2 laugh

#24492 - 29/09/05 10:46 AM Re: 4x2 or 4x4 why did you??
Anonymous
Unregistered

ROFLMAO!!! This is the BTE!!! [Spit]

I bought a 4x4 because of the winters in the Chicago area(even though they haven't been too bad the past few years :rolleyes: ), Puls, I'm not exactly sure what the point of having a 2wd sport UTILITY vehicle is other than to look cool and save on gas mileage(or you really wanted an X and couldn't afford the 2wd, or you just wouldn't use the 4wd.)

Either way, 2wd or 4wd, the X is a good overall choice for an SUV.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal