Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#250075 - 16/01/04 02:20 PM Re: Got another toy today
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
didn't mazda get in trouble a few years back because they exaggerated the hp for the miata, and people were dynoing it with FAR less? of course there's a difference in hp from crank to wheel, but i heard the miata's was to the extent that lawsuits were involved.

also, i agree with the miata=kind of gayish theory. i don't mean to insult any miata owners, but something about them is incredibly feminent. there's almost no aggressive styling to it at all. it seems the designers spent their time shaving off this and that to make it as PETITE and CURVY as possible.

whoever said the comment about BMW's being gay...i have no idea what that's about. the new designs are kind of weird, but not "gay".

#250076 - 16/01/04 03:49 PM Re: Got another toy today
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Mazda just got in trouble this past year (2003) because they inflated the horsepower numbers on the RX-8. They offered buyers a chance to return the vehicle, or they gave them a bunch of mazda stuff if they kept it.

#250077 - 17/01/04 01:51 PM Re: Got another toy today
Anonymous
Unregistered

id rather have a audi tt, or nissan 350z anyday. My friends dad has a 350z with twin turbo kit in it. and susupension mods. its flys. im not saying a miatas a bad car. just not one of my favorites.

#250078 - 17/01/04 03:29 PM Re: Got another toy today
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
I'll never understand the fascination with the overpriced, underpowered Audi TT. [Freak]

#250079 - 17/01/04 04:44 PM Re: Got another toy today
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
I'll never understand the fascination with the overpriced, underpowered Audi TT. [Freak]
Have you ever driven one? Sure, they aren't the fastest car out there, but they're far from being underpowered and the price is not bad at all. Plus, it's easy and relatively inexpensive to get 300+ HP out of one. The looks are still the best of any small sports car, the body is built like a brick shit house, the brakes are spectacular, the interior is the best in the world, and the car is a ton of fun to drive. On top of all that it drives like a RWD biased car despite it's FWD or AWD setup.

#250080 - 17/01/04 08:23 PM Re: Got another toy today
Anonymous
Unregistered

The wrx sti is always nice too.

i dont know what it is about the miata i just do not like it.

personlly im more into v8 rwd and thas why i own a 1970 mustang. made to go fast straight.

#250081 - 18/01/04 12:24 AM Re: Got another toy today
chucka Offline

Loc: Arlington Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by blackjackbender:
id rather have a audi tt, or nissan 350z anyday. My friends dad has a 350z with twin turbo kit in it. and susupension mods. its flys. im not saying a miatas a bad car. just not one of my favorites.
let me see, i paid $3250 for the miata, so can you tell me where i will find a tt or a 350z for that price?

i'm sure i would enjoy those cars more too, but some people can't afford that. i have one car payment right now and its for my xterra which i am very happy with and dont want to get rid of it. so for me to find a 96 miata m edition for $3250 just for a fun 2nd car, i think i did pretty good.

i'm sure i could list off a hundred cars that i would want before i picked a miata, but for what i can afford i'm very happy with it. thats kind of like saying i would rather have a lamborghini instead of a new vette.

[Finger]

#250082 - 18/01/04 03:51 AM Re: Got another toy today
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:
Have you ever driven one?
No, just an S4, which I really did enjoy. I just don't see dropping almost $40K for the detuned TT when there are far better cars available for the money.

#250083 - 18/01/04 01:06 PM Re: Got another toy today
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I think you would like the TT if you were to drive one. I was a week away from ordering a 225 quattro Roadster when I bought the Xterra. Looking back I'm glad I didn't get it, only because it just isn't a practical only car, it was $15K more, and I wouldn't have met all the cool Xterra people. [Wave]

The S4 is quite tasty. If they would offer it in Amulet Red and I could win the lottery I might have one! laugh

#250084 - 19/01/04 07:34 PM Re: Got another toy today
Anonymous
Unregistered

3250 dollar dang i didnt know you could get them that inexpensivley. that was more then my mustang when i bought it before i started the resto.

#250085 - 20/01/04 03:09 AM Re: Got another toy today
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Excelagator:
Quote:
Originally posted by dirty dee:
[b]just a thought, aren't miata's the "official" gay vehicle of choice??? correct me if i'm wrong...
anywho, just thought i'd share that with you wink
Nope! New Volkswagen Bettle and any BMW that is owned by a single guy wink
[/b]
Geez, what a ridiculous statement.

By the way, I'll take a miata any day on a track in my Alfa Romeo. [Smoking]

#250086 - 20/01/04 08:23 AM Re: Got another toy today
Excelagator Offline

Loc: Wisconsin...The show me how to...
Hmmmmm... I think you should look at this SCCA Link and scroll down to SSB class. BTW, No Alfas mentioned!
:p
Dan

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal