Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#251537 - 20/10/04 09:39 AM Accident pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought you guys might like to see what happens when sombody doing 10mph in the fastlane, cuts in to the 60mph carpool lane without looking:

EDIT: before sombody flames me, I was in the carpool lane.

The result as you can see, is not good. so far, the tally is one busted truck, two sprained wrists, and a broken thumb. Thank you steering wheel [Finger]

#251538 - 20/10/04 09:41 AM Re: Accident pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Huh?]

damn

#251539 - 20/10/04 09:41 AM Re: Accident pics
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
oh shit

#251540 - 20/10/04 09:57 AM Re: Accident pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ouch!! eek

#251541 - 20/10/04 10:15 AM Re: Accident pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Glad to hear no more injuries than that, although hand injuries end up nice and achy later in life.

I'd want that whole front-end replaced. I'd also be concerned about any damage to your engine... any contact with the ground? If skid plate has any marks on it, get the oil-pan replaced due to possible impact weakening....

Anything up with Insurance? I'm assuming they didn't total it on you. I hope the police report didn't find you at fault at all. Some states file no-fault reports which can make this situation into your fault... you know... the good ol' "You should have control of your vehicle and be able to stop in time to avoid collision etc. etc.." Love those kinds of arguments with insurance. Hope all goes well.

#251542 - 20/10/04 10:31 AM Re: Accident pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake:
Glad to hear no more injuries than that, although hand injuries end up nice and achy later in life.

I'd want that whole front-end replaced. I'd also be concerned about any damage to your engine... any contact with the ground? If skid plate has any marks on it, get the oil-pan replaced due to possible impact weakening....

Anything up with Insurance? I'm assuming they didn't total it on you. I hope the police report didn't find you at fault at all. Some states file no-fault reports which can make this situation into your fault... you know... the good ol' "You should have control of your vehicle and be able to stop in time to avoid collision etc. etc.." Love those kinds of arguments with insurance. Hope all goes well.
No issues with insurance. No issues with the police report. He takes 100% responsability.

yeah "you should have had time to stop in that 10ft, which at 60mph = fraction of a second" laugh

#251543 - 20/10/04 10:41 AM Re: Accident pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jason something just clikcked in my head and I don't know why it wasn't any earlier than this [Too much XOC] but... It is as simple as SAS! [ThumbsUp] I would have to say go for it bro. Come on you know you want it...

#251544 - 20/10/04 10:42 AM Re: Accident pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wouldn't have worried about being flamed.. The pick showed the right side of your truck being busted.. unless you are very talented, you had to be on the left in the accident.. and sence mose carpool lanes are at the left edge, or right edge of the freeway, they arn't to the right of the fast lane....

#251545 - 20/10/04 10:44 AM Re: Accident pics
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Assuming he has the luxury of driving another vehicle for the entire time it would take to plan and execute an SAS, sure, that would be a great idea. But I have a feeling he's going to want to get this back on the road ASAP and the other person's insurance will only cover a couple of weeks' worth of rental car...

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#251546 - 20/10/04 10:45 AM Re: Accident pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shit, Jason! Glad you're (relatively) okay. This could have been A LOT worse. It always makes me really nervous when I'm cruising in the carpool at high speeds next to stopped traffic. I've seen that go wrong too many times. It's especially disappointing to see things like this happening to your truck because you've been working so hard on it, had so many obstacles, and put so much of your time and effort and $$$ into it. It's most disappointing because I know how much you love your truck, from what I've heard of and from you. Again, glad to see that you're alive and well, and only in discomfort.

Please feel free to email me if you need anything. Take care.

#251547 - 20/10/04 11:01 AM Re: Accident pics
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Sorry to hear, man...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#251548 - 20/10/04 11:02 AM Re: Accident pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why I never drive with my thumbs hooked in the steering wheel. Have never actually heard of the broken thumb scenario until now.

Hope you can get your truck fixed easily.

#251549 - 20/10/04 11:24 AM Re: Accident pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
Why I never drive with my thumbs hooked in the steering wheel. Have never actually heard of the broken thumb scenario until now.

Hope you can get your truck fixed easily.
You just don't think about that when you are cruising along.

While ofroading, I don't hook my thumbs for that very reason.

But the rate of speed at which the steering wheel was spinning when the wheel was ripped off, was enough to break my thumb at the base, and the impact sprained my wrists.

No airbags deployed.

#251550 - 20/10/04 11:37 AM Re: Accident pics
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
Us Southern Californian Granites are dropping like flies. Glad to hear your injuries were only minor.

With the rain starting in Socal, I've seen some pretty gnarly accidents where others may not have been as lucky.

#251551 - 20/10/04 12:29 PM Re: Accident pics
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Yikes... glad it wasn't any worse than it was.

Will the insurance cover putting it back like it WAS (Calmini UCAs etc) or do they just cover stock parts?

#251552 - 20/10/04 12:38 PM Re: Accident pics
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
With my accident my insurance company told me that as long as it's bolted or wired to the vehicle, it's insured.

I have State Farm Insurance.

#251553 - 20/10/04 01:58 PM Re: Accident pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser442:
Yikes... glad it wasn't any worse than it was.

Will the insurance cover putting it back like it WAS (Calmini UCAs etc) or do they just cover stock parts?
If it was my fault, then I would be worried. But his insurance has to restore my vehicle to the way it was before the accident.

#251554 - 20/10/04 02:08 PM Re: Accident pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are you sure your hand injuries werent from beating the livin boogers out of the dumbass who pulled in front of you????
Sorry about the truck man, that sucks mad

#251555 - 20/10/04 02:18 PM Re: Accident pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

A busted thumb has got to hurt like hell.

#251556 - 20/10/04 03:07 PM Re: Accident pics
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Prob'ly puts a crimp in his "social" life, too . . .

laugh

#251557 - 20/10/04 03:15 PM Re: Accident pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:
Quote:
[b]A busted thumb has got to hurt like hell.
Prob'ly puts a crimp in his "social" life, too . . .

laugh [/b]
Ha! No I still have my right hand for that [LOL] [Finger]

#251558 - 20/10/04 03:16 PM Re: Accident pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Yes it does.

#251559 - 20/10/04 04:15 PM Re: Accident pics
Loop Choke Offline

Loc: Peoria,IL
I know it wouldn't change anything ...........but I would probably have had to put that shithead to sleep for being a dumbass.

Jason

#251560 - 20/10/04 04:27 PM Re: Accident pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Loop Choke:
I know it wouldn't change anything ...........but I would probably have had to put that shithead to sleep for being a dumbass.

Jason
I was pretty dazed. Seeing some guy run across three lanes of traffic to get my tire/wheel/axle, was pretty trippy.

I have tried the pissed off approach before, and it didn't work out, so this time I shook the guys hand, introduced myself, and said "what the fuck were you thinking?"... it seems to have worked well so far.

#251561 - 20/10/04 06:07 PM Re: Accident pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by WolfmanX:
[QUOTE]I have tried the pissed off approach before, and it didn't work out, so this time I shook the guys hand, introduced myself, and said "what the fuck were you thinking?"... it seems to have worked well so far.
Amen, brother...I've only gotten attitude from one person who rear ended me, I let it escalate, and next thing I knew, I was explaining to the arresting officer how those bruises got there, why he was bleeding where he was bleeding, which was not a place people normally bleed from, why he had pepper spray in his ear, what were the hand cuffs for, and why my truck was full of cutting tools, rolling papers, and books about communism. Led me into about three months of paperwork hell, not to mention the confiscation of a nice Benchmade knife.

The next guy who rear ended me got a big hug, donuts and coffee, and a ride to work. I even helped him with the police report and his insurance paperwork, because he didn't speak English and couldn't read so well. In return, the police left us alone, and I didn't go to jail for the giant bag of marijuana behind the seat. It was the most pleasant unpleasant experience of my life. You did good in not losing your temper. It's difficult, but aren't most things?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal