Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#251899 - 07/02/05 08:40 PM Re: my buddies gettin stuck (56k run away)
DesertHB Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by badercarma:
All you people who are calling him stupid for getting stuck can go FUCK yourselves! Anyone who takes a brand new truck off-road and attempts questionable stuff like that deserves allot of credit for doing it. I have plenty of friends who have perfectly good off-road vehicles and will not take them off-road for bullshit reasons. And then if they do ever go off-road they will bitch about getting stuck, breaking stuff, and scratches.

And I don’t see any reason to call his Ford a POS, Ford is usually good about recovery hooks, and obviously the truck’s engine didn’t stall as you can see the bubbles coming from the exhaust when it was under water.
To say a Ford is good becuause it has recovery hooks is quite funny. For the record, the Sport Trac is a POS. I do like the Super Duty line and the new Mustangs, you can have the rest of the product line-up.
There is wheeling and then there is just driving around like a fool. Based on the photos it looks like he was driving around like a fool. This guy is a poster child for why trails get closed (I know this is supposed to be private land).

-Doug

#251900 - 16/02/05 05:24 AM Re: my buddies gettin stuck (56k run away)
SplashMan Offline

Loc: IL
Just because the driver is an idiot doesn't make the vehicle a POS. I've pulled out plenty of Nissans with all three of my POS Fords, but I don't call the vehicle crap because the driver can't drive.

#251901 - 16/02/05 06:13 AM Re: my buddies gettin stuck (56k run away)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
All you people who are calling him stupid for getting stuck can go FUCK yourselves! Anyone who takes a brand new truck off-road and attempts questionable stuff like that deserves allot of credit for doing it. I have plenty of friends who have perfectly good off-road vehicles and will not take them off-road for bullshit reasons. And then if they do ever go off-road they will bitch about getting stuck, breaking stuff, and scratches.

And I don’t see any reason to call his Ford a POS, Ford is usually good about recovery hooks, and obviously the truck’s engine didn’t stall as you can see the bubbles coming from the exhaust when it was under water.
I think he is stupid for taking a brand new truck off road that is no where near ready to be in such places........I say he is an idiot and got what he desreved........give him credit alright, for being stupid [Finger] ..........and not everyone wants to wheel their truck because they pay so much for them so if they do go out and it gets damaged, they pay for it and can complain if they want...........

In the end I just think the pic is absolutley hilarious and is a great example of how ignorance of a small few can ruin off roading for the whole! [Wave]

#251902 - 16/02/05 06:30 AM Re: my buddies gettin stuck (56k run away)
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:

You see.. badercarma was just upset that he was not getting the attention for his little U-boat adventure..

Nice work slick.

#251903 - 16/02/05 08:12 AM Re: my buddies gettin stuck (56k run away)
Anonymous
Unregistered

As funny as the pictures are, I can't belive this post is getting funnier as people defend that idiot.

I laugh every time I open this thread.

#251904 - 16/02/05 03:44 PM Re: my buddies gettin stuck (56k run away)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Admin:
You see.. badercarma was just upset that he was not getting the attention for his little U-boat adventure..

Nice work slick.
[Spit]

But hey, give him credit for the fact that his reverse lamps are still holding on! [LOL]

#251905 - 16/02/05 08:11 PM Re: my buddies gettin stuck (56k run away)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you splashman. I don't know why everyone has to hate on Ford just cause.

I didn't see any pics of the Nissan in the water. If your vehicle is so much better than his than why not prove it. Just cause he got his car wet and dirty and stuck doens't mean anything.

Here's a little something of mine that I think splashman should remember seeing.

If you don't get stuck then you don't wheel it. Getting stuck isn't for pussies, its for people willing to try something. In this pic I've got street tires on a bone stock rig with no limited slip. After this I got a 3" lift and 35" MT/R's and it didn't get stuck nearly as easily. Oh and my body lift cost $150 and 6hrs to install. Try that with a Nissan.

#251906 - 16/02/05 08:41 PM Re: my buddies gettin stuck (56k run away)
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you don’t get your truck stuck you’re not going off-road right, and you should stfu if you think getting stuck is the same as being an idiot. And I see allot of people bashing other brands when they have no idea what there talking about. All I have to say to those people is STFU go pickup your kids from soccer practice.

After I sunk my trooper (picture above), no one though it was ever going to run again. But I had it back on the road in a few days like it never happened, and I spent allot of time improving the electronics and air intake for next time :p . And there's been many other times when there was no cameras around when it’s been on its side, 5 feet in the air, and doing stuff which not to many would ever try.

#251907 - 16/02/05 09:17 PM Re: my buddies gettin stuck (56k run away)
XOC Offline
Admin

Being stuck and being stupid and floating/sinking your truck because you were a dumb ass and did not check the water depth are two differant things.

You need to go off-roading with someone who understands what real off-roading is. Right now you have not a clue.

#251908 - 16/02/05 09:20 PM Re: my buddies gettin stuck (56k run away)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

and I spent allot of time improving the electronics and air intake for next time :p
I know this is none of my business, but what do you do?? You seem to have a lot of time on your hands.

Just curious...

#251909 - 16/02/05 09:28 PM Re: my buddies gettin stuck (56k run away)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Water proofed the ECU a little, and moved the air intake up to the top back of the engine area. I'm going to extend the diff breathers and the transmission breathers to the roof soon too. And I’m going to make a snorkel soon too, I’m going to make it out of gutter piping, yeah the stuff you see on the side of the house. I can’t wait to see the replies I get when I post pictures of that. But like everything else I do, it will be effective and reliable (all that matters).

#251910 - 16/02/05 09:51 PM Re: my buddies gettin stuck (56k run away)
Anonymous
Unregistered

How do you plan on making it out of gutter materials? Weld it to the panels and run it to the roof? Interesting concept. I'm eger to see if it'll work.

#251911 - 16/02/05 10:09 PM Re: my buddies gettin stuck (56k run away)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I probably weld tabs onto the gutter, and then make it so it attaches with sheet metal screws (it will be strong, its not acceptable if its not). I could just weld it on but then it wouldn’t be re-movable for maintence (like draining it laugh ).

#251912 - 16/02/05 10:19 PM Re: my buddies gettin stuck (56k run away)
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
I probably weld tabs onto the gutter, and then make it so it attaches with sheet metal screws (it will be strong, its not acceptable if its not). I could just weld it on but then it wouldn’t be re-movable for maintence (like draining it laugh ).
Mad Max meets the Beverly Hillbillies. [Spit]

Maybe you could weld some rebar around it like you did on your antenna protector. [Freak]

#251913 - 16/02/05 10:26 PM Re: my buddies gettin stuck (56k run away)
Anonymous
Unregistered

nevermind, i changed my mind after reading the post below this...

i now see how this guy conjures up his ideas. [Freak]

#251914 - 16/02/05 10:36 PM Re: my buddies gettin stuck (56k run away)
Anonymous
Unregistered

O yes there will be re-bar involved.

#251915 - 17/02/05 05:17 AM Re: my buddies gettin stuck (56k run away)
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Quote:
O yes there will be re-bar involved.
Even though badercarma has a penchant for destroying good vehicles, it certainly can't be argued that he seems to have a great sense of humor.

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#251916 - 17/02/05 05:33 AM Re: my buddies gettin stuck (56k run away)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wish I had the time and money to bury and sink vehicles and then repair them..........it sounds like addictive fun to me.........but I do agree with the Admin (not Ian) post. One should be checking things like water depths and such before entering areas like that. Not just for the saftey of your truck but for your personal safety. That doesn't mean you are a pussy for looking or deciding not to try to make it accross or whatever, not at all. It just means you value the vehicle you are driving and dont want to see it beat up TOO bad. Anywho, great pics guys!! [Wave]

#251917 - 17/02/05 08:13 AM Re: my buddies gettin stuck (56k run away)
Anonymous
Unregistered

yea just cuz you don't get stuck doesn't mean your a pussy...its means your doing it right and responsibly, sometimes i'll hit easy trails around here by myself (since i know the X can do it alone) but if i ever come up to a big mud puddle or just a puddle alone that was too deep, i wouldnt attempt it alone, if you get stuck your fucked and get to walk home if no one is there to pull you out....if someone theres to pull you out then i'd hit some deeper stuff cool

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal