Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#252547 - 19/12/05 12:44 PM yikes!
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok, so I've been having a problem w/ my Xterra when in 2wd w/ the hubs locked....it sounded like gear whine. Yesterday I changed my front diff fluid.

stuck to the drain plug...

looks like a gear tooth to me....about the size of a dime/nickle.

I've got 5,000 miles left on my powertrain warranty. I've got an appointment at the dealer for Wednesday. I just hope they don't deny warranty b/c of mods....lift, slightly larger tires.

#252548 - 19/12/05 06:03 PM Re: yikes!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Damn yeah that looks like a tooth.

#252549 - 19/12/05 08:05 PM Re: yikes!
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
If a gear goes, and you have put more stress on the drive train with your mods, you may have a hard time getting coverage if they are pricks about it.

laugh

Your best bet is to put it under your pillow, and hope the gear tooth fairy leaves you something for it.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#252550 - 19/12/05 08:35 PM Re: yikes!
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Pricks? At a dealership?!?! Nahhhhhhhhhh!

Good luck!!

#252551 - 20/12/05 07:23 AM Re: yikes!
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
oh NO - NOW YOU'LL HAVE TO PUT IN AN ARB LOCKER and taller R&P!!!!! OH THE HUMANITY!!!! [Laughing]

#252552 - 21/12/05 12:59 PM Re: yikes!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nissan is covering it under warranty. I'm getting a complete, new diff. They're not even going to bother w/ rebuilding my current one.

#252553 - 21/12/05 01:07 PM Re: yikes!
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by XMountaineer:
Nissan is covering it under warranty. I'm getting a complete, new diff. They're not even going to bother w/ rebuilding my current one.
You are Lucky, I sold my 01 X as the 2nd gear was going. Nissan refused to deal with even though it was under warranty I sold it to the dealership who did a complete tranny job on it.

Now I drive Automatic.

#252554 - 21/12/05 01:28 PM Re: yikes!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, I know I was lucky. I heard them talking in the back about "offroad suspension"....among other things. Then they asked me if I knew of other people that have had this problem. And I told them that I did (which I do). They they asked me about "offroading".

I'm definately lucky.

#252555 - 21/12/05 01:41 PM Re: yikes!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Oh, I know I was lucky. I heard them talking in the back about "offroad suspension"....among other things. Then they asked me if I knew of other people that have had this problem. And I told them that I did (which I do). They they asked me about "offroading".

I'm definately lucky.
just out of curiousity, what did you tell them about "offroading"? and how did they respond (obviously good because they're covering it)

#252556 - 21/12/05 04:52 PM Re: yikes!
Anonymous
Unregistered

They also knew that they weren't getting my business if it wasn't covered under warranty. I told them upfront that I was changing out the entire diff myself from a junkyard if it wasn't covered.

#252557 - 21/12/05 06:51 PM Re: yikes!
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
That is the thing that pisses me off about Nissan. They advertise the truck as an "offroad" vehicle in their commercials, showing it in mud and/or snow, but when it comes time to do warranty repairs the bitch about it and ask, "was the truck offroad"? What difference does it make? Don't advertise the truck as your "offroad" vehicle then....

My dealership won't address my rearend noise for over a year now because the new (yet again) service manager said I have "offroad" equipment on the rear of the truck (Bilstiens and Skid Row gas tank plate). Nissan Corp. called me a few weeks ago I am guessing because of the survey a filled out two months ago. But I am playing phone tag with them.

Stone

#252558 - 21/12/05 08:21 PM Re: yikes!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Stonecoldchavez:
That is the thing that pisses me off about Nissan. They advertise the truck as an "offroad" vehicle in their commercials, showing it in mud and/or snow, but when it comes time to do warranty repairs the bitch about it and ask, "was the truck offroad"? What difference does it make? Don't advertise the truck as your "offroad" vehicle then....

My dealership won't address my rearend noise for over a year now because the new (yet again) service manager said I have "offroad" equipment on the rear of the truck (Bilstiens and Skid Row gas tank plate). Nissan Corp. called me a few weeks ago I am guessing because of the survey a filled out two months ago. But I am playing phone tag with them.

Stone
yea you figure they would, but they dont cover shit usually if you mod or wheel, its not just nissan though, jeep is the same, now i'm not posting this against anything Jeep so i dont wanna see a war break out for no reason, but even the trail rated ads jeep puts out is BS, because on the jeep site itself on the bottom it, says "Traversing Deep water can cause damage, which voids vehicle warranty", and thats on the Trail Rated: Facts page, so advertise and focus on wheeling, then when something breaks they turn you away...ridiculous IMO :rolleyes:

#252559 - 22/12/05 05:38 AM Re: yikes!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, I just dont see how these dealerships can get away with this shit. Its not right. There has to be something that can be done. Hey look this can go anywhere we gurantee. But dont cuz we dont feel like backing or stuff if it breaks. [Finger]

#252560 - 22/12/05 08:59 AM Re: yikes!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I guess that's why I love my dealership....one reason is b/c they are replacing my diff.

Have you seen my Xterra? ARB Bumper, Warn winch, Shrockworks sliders, Rear tire carrier/bumper, full set of skid row skid plates, 3" suspension lift, mud tires.

They see all of that yet still replace my front diff under warranty....w/ 5k miles left on the warranty.

#252561 - 22/12/05 02:29 PM Re: yikes!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I guess that's why I love my dealership....one reason is b/c they are replacing my diff.

Have you seen my Xterra? ARB Bumper, Warn winch, Shrockworks sliders, Rear tire carrier/bumper, full set of skid row skid plates, 3" suspension lift, mud tires.

They see all of that yet still replace my front diff under warranty....w/ 5k miles left on the warranty.
yea thats def a great dealership, i have a PML on my X and tires, and they almost wouldnt cover something that triggered an SES light, some hose had popped off from somewhere, and was losing pressure, the manager said well since i had a lift on it, the hose might have overextened, Bullshit but i didnt listen to it, i told him it was only 1.5" and i wanted proof, so he just covered it without further issue

#252562 - 22/12/05 02:43 PM Re: yikes!
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Quote:
Very cool.

#252563 - 23/12/05 07:40 PM Re: yikes!
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by mudx4x4:
Quote:
[b]I guess that's why I love my dealership....one reason is b/c they are replacing my diff.

yea thats def a great dealership, i have a PML on my X and tires, and they almost wouldnt cover something that triggered an SES light, some hose had popped off from somewhere, and was losing pressure, the manager said well since i had a lift on it, the hose might have overextened, Bullshit but i didnt listen to it, i told him it was only 1.5" and i wanted proof, so he just covered it without further issue[/b]
Mine too. For a few years now I have mud tires. Now all of a sudden with the new service manager my tires are a problem. frown

I told Nissan on my survey that the dealership refuses to even look at my rearend noise. The dealership also told me it would take to much time and they don't have a mechanic to dedicate to it to find out where the noise is coming from. WTF? And this is from the dealership that used to treat me great. But this new service mgr is a real JO. I should just wait until he leaves.... smile

I am still trying to get in touch with Nissan Corp. Some girl left me her number but NEVER answers her phone or calls me back.

Stone

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal