2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#253182 - 22/01/06 06:22 PM Bombs away….
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
While exploring the area around the historic Bradshaw trail we came across these rusty old shells that where actually filled with cement and the Live Bombing Area Sign. Really cool to see the Navy jets fly by, I was amazed how low they come in.

Along the way we visited the Red Cloud Mine area which has some interested sites, wash running and a little bit o’ boulder climbing if you're looking hard enough. The side trip in/over Red Canyon was spectacular with some huge canyon walls, side slot areas, colorful dry waterfall, etc.

These types of wide open desert areas and side tracks always seem to yield some surprises the more time you spend exploring the more you can find. Good times & people :-)

Nice to wheel the black hawk again after 3 weekends wrenching…replacing the tranny, new cooler, rear main seal, power steering o-ring.

#253183 - 22/01/06 06:32 PM Re: Bombs away….
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cool!!! Good thing X's are bomb resistant!!! [Smoking]

#253184 - 22/01/06 06:50 PM Re: Bombs away….
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey I think I got bombed there once...But I don't remember [drink] [Too much XOC] [Laughing]

#253185 - 22/01/06 07:30 PM Re: Bombs away….
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Cool pics.. [ThumbsUp]

#253186 - 22/01/06 08:46 PM Re: Bombs away….
Anonymous
Unregistered

awesome pics man! SAS Xterra...SO cool cool

#253187 - 23/01/06 11:53 AM Re: Bombs away….
Anonymous
Unregistered

[ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

#253188 - 24/01/06 05:17 PM Re: Bombs away….
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey could anyone tell me who the brown xterra is with a lift..i love the looks of that and just want to see what it is

#253189 - 24/01/06 05:34 PM Re: Bombs away….
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great pics. That Black Hawk sure did turn out nice. Looks like you guys had a good time.

While you were at Bradshaw, I was gettin' my ass handed to me on the Rowher Trail. Mid-trail, my Center Diff Lock and ABS disengage decided they didn't want to play anymore. Tried the Front and Rear Lockers, and.....nada. Found a turnaround spot, got stuck in it. Froze my ass off in 80 mph. winds getting unstuck. Learned that I should stop depending on lockers to get me out of trouble.

Took the Sierra Pelona Trail instead, got to the top of the mountain and turned the engine off. Ate lunch, turned the key, and.....nada. Turns out my negative battery cable had come unstuck. Wind blew so bad that Steve and I actually had to sit on the damn hood to get it shut. Engine went on, lockers got back into the fight, and all was good.

Wish I could have been there with you guys. Now that the baby's a little older, I've been getting little reprieves here and there. Maybe I'll join you one of these times, God (and wife) willing. Take care.

#253190 - 24/01/06 05:35 PM Re: Bombs away….
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Xxcalibur 4x4:
...could anyone tell me who the brown xterra is...
Brown. Ha!!!

#253191 - 24/01/06 07:47 PM Re: Bombs away….
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great pix, you articulating mofo. I need to get out. Cabin fever...

#253192 - 24/01/06 08:10 PM Re: Bombs away….
Anonymous
Unregistered

In that one shot with the bush and the x behind it, it looks like its takin a piss. [LOL]

#253193 - 25/01/06 08:27 PM Re: Bombs away….
Xtoolbox Offline

Yeah looks brownish in the 3rd pix from the dirt with the sun & surroundings.

SAS with 5” lift, 34” Swampers; Black out special…rock crawler steel wheel, bumpers, trim, once I get I get around to painting the rack… I’ll never go back wink

Looks blacker in this pix:

#253194 - 26/01/06 09:42 AM Re: Bombs away….
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm glad I suggested that trail laugh

#253195 - 26/01/06 10:11 AM Re: Bombs away….
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
Hey Brian, please elaborate. Were you guys cruising thru Naval property, or along the perimeter skirting around the bounderies? confused

#253196 - 26/01/06 10:15 AM Re: Bombs away….
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Quote:
Originally posted by WolfmanX:
I'm glad I suggested that trail laugh
That's a trail? eek

Quote:
Originally posted by buffalo:
Hey Brian, please elaborate. Were you guys cruising thru Naval property, or along the perimeter skirting around the bounderies? confused
You're ready to tackle some bigger challenges in the X?

#253197 - 26/01/06 12:22 PM Re: Bombs away….
Xtoolbox Offline

Wolf…Me too laugh although we spent little of our time on the actual Bradshaw trail rather on the side spurs…mine site, canyons, washs, etc.

The Bradshaw trail aka the gold road is an old stage route from SE Riverside County to AZ.
http://www.desertusa.com/Thingstodo/ttdtrails/du_ttd_bradshaw.html

Parts of the trail border a Naval Range to the South, the sign you see warns of the perimeter which we were skirting.

Socal…Challenges you say? Tell me more, where? Black Hawk has already been to the Rubicon (inline), Sierra’s twice, and most of the other challenging trail(s) anywhere around here.

Has a few beauty marks as a result, and I’m tired of the pin stripping so I was thinking about using some bed liner stuff on both side and leaving the hood and hatch as is. Any suggestions? Been testing the autozone dupli color brand bed liner coating and I like it so far…really fine not chunky like rhino or herc.

Now if you’re talking about some of the hammers or more extreme stuff…really need a full on cage, tube fenders, dislike of sheet metal, rear quarters, windows, etc to really enjoy those so that what I’m building the bronco for laugh

#253198 - 26/01/06 12:53 PM Re: Bombs away….
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Brian, I was referring to Buffalo's inquiry about the trail. Since I know he's now driving a new X I was curious if he's past the "break-in" period and ready to get nutty with it.

By the way. I saw this on a new Z the other night and thought about you. Didn't you used to have a plate similar?

#253199 - 27/01/06 12:47 PM Re: Bombs away….
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think his was "unothat". I could be wrong

EDIT:

Yep, found it:

#253200 - 27/01/06 07:32 PM Re: Bombs away….
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
[QUOTE]Originally posted by socalpunX:
[QB]Brian, I was referring to Buffalo's inquiry about the trail. Since I know he's now driving a new X I was curious if he's past the "break-in" period and ready to get nutty with it.

Not yet! shopping for lights, as soon as taxes are done and refund comes in i will hopefully be getting some type of 2-3" lift plus a new calmin bumper plus BFG ATs. God! i love my kids even more at tax time.

#253201 - 30/01/06 04:45 PM Re: Bombs away….
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok well i dont know the offical color so ill call it brown its this xterra

that X

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal