Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#253500 - 15/09/04 09:04 AM Re: El Cheapo On-board air....
NetJunkie Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
definately not 80 #''s...40-50 maybe...and that thing aint moving more than a couple cm's each way at this point...have pushed and pulled on it and unless the truck rolls over(in which case I have more problems than my co2 tank rolling around) its not going anywhere....
Actually, I'd think that would be a BIG thing to worry about. You roll and that thing is coming right for you.

#253501 - 15/09/04 09:21 AM Re: El Cheapo On-board air....
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
You can buy really strong bungee cords, maybe thats what he has.

#253502 - 15/09/04 11:59 AM Re: El Cheapo On-board air....
perna Offline

I own an fire protection company, and all the comments about not using a bracket is stupid are correct. Not only is it very unsafe, it is also illegal to mount it like that, call DOT to check. You should be able to get one for under $35.
As for the fill hose, at a minimum I wouldnt use anything less then the powertank hose.
I personally would use a CO2 charging hose, the same hose we charge extinguishers with, will never fail and very durable. Cost is about $25 for the 6ft hose.

#253503 - 15/09/04 02:33 PM Re: El Cheapo On-board air....
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Quote:
Quote:
[b]Ahhh...thats what the tape in the kit is for!!!!!
Dude... you've never replaced a shower head before ?[/b]
Nope....lets see...lived at home 18 years, college(dorm and apartments) for 6 years, home again for 1 year, then 2 different apartments for 4 more years, and now finally into my brand new townhouse for a year...never replaced a shower head...

#253504 - 15/09/04 02:38 PM Re: El Cheapo On-board air....
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
Hope you guys are happy, look what you did to (Spalind)Dan!
Ahhh...thats all right...I probly deserve it....OK, OK, OK....the bungees will just be a temporary thing untill I find a fire extinguisher place that sells a bracket and then I will mount it upright(which I was planning on doing due to probable future use with an airlocker it would need to be mounted upright at all times) I dont really mind being flamed for something like this...its educational and funny at the same time!!

#253505 - 15/09/04 02:46 PM Re: El Cheapo On-board air....
spalind Offline

Oh, and how exactly is it that I use this magic Teflon tape?? Do I wrap it around the threads and then screw the thing in or what?? I'm asking seriously....

#253506 - 15/09/04 02:49 PM Re: El Cheapo On-board air....
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by babyX:
Seriously??? Why don't they TELL you that?
It's male DNA. We're born with the understanding of how tapered pipe threads work.
Except for Spalind it seems.

#253507 - 15/09/04 02:50 PM Re: El Cheapo On-board air....
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Oh, and how exactly is it that I use this magic Teflon tape?? Do I wrap it around the threads and then screw the thing in or what?? I'm asking seriously....
Yes, wrap it the same way the fitting will thread on. About a wrap and a half or two should suffice.

Stretch it a bit as you wrap so it drops into the threads.

If you remove the fitting in the future, replace the tape.

#253508 - 15/09/04 02:54 PM Re: El Cheapo On-board air....
TK1 Offline

Loc: Taylorsville, UT
Quote:
Yes, you wrap it around the male pipe threads and you don't need that much. Two complete wraps should do it. Also, make sure you wrap it in the proper direction so that it doesn't unravel when you thread the pieces together.

Got paint?

#253509 - 15/09/04 02:59 PM Re: El Cheapo On-board air....
XOC Offline
Admin

Damn, 3 pages about plumbing laugh

#253510 - 15/09/04 03:31 PM Re: El Cheapo On-board air....
spalind Offline

Quote:
Damn it!! you people are too quick....I was able to figure it out on my own(I know...miracles sometimes do happen!!) and I come right back upstairs to post that I had done it and now had a system with no leaks and what do I find?!?!? 3 posts already....Damn you!!! Damn you all to hell!! Thanks for all the help and advice though...it is appreciated...Oh...and I dont thing using teflon tape on screw threads for a CO2 system is something I would have been successful searching for!! But now it will be I guess!!!....The Library of Congress of X knowledge that XOC is grows bigger and bigger!!

#253511 - 15/09/04 03:37 PM Re: El Cheapo On-board air....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by babyX:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Ahhh...thats what the tape in the kit is for!!!!!
Dude... you've never replaced a shower head before ?[/b]
You're supposed to use some kinda tape when you replace a shower head?[/b]
Well when you take apart plumbing you can usually see the old tape. Depending... sometimes the old tape is just as clean as the new tape.

These tanks are pretty cool though... props! How much use (ie how many tires could you fill?)could you get out of one of these? And don't they make portable compressors?

#253512 - 15/09/04 06:29 PM Re: El Cheapo On-board air....
TK1 Offline

Loc: Taylorsville, UT
Quote:
Yah, and we were both telling him how to use teflon tape at the same time. How lame are we? [Freak] laugh

Got paint?

#253513 - 15/09/04 07:28 PM Re: El Cheapo On-board air....
01SalsaXterra Offline

Loc: Suffolk County,NY,USA
Quote:
Is it possible Western, to run a small keg (I guess a pony keg) off of my CO2 tank, like in camp, relatively easily?

I'd love to add that little piece of equipment (whatever would be needed) to my camping stuff. A pony keg run off my tank, I'd own the campsite!
I use my CO2 tank to tap my beer all the time. It kix ass. I regulate it down to between 6-8 psi and it works nicely. Just throw the keg on ice or in a mini-fridge like mine.
If you need more info feel free to drop me a PM or email..

I got "IT" from ebay.
Now it burns when I pee..

#253514 - 15/09/04 07:36 PM Re: El Cheapo On-board air....
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can also run the lines through an insulated cooler in coils, under ice, with the taps protruding out the front. Chills the beer on the way out, of course it doesn't hurt to have the keg on ice either. Typically used this for the smaller, mmm, 4 gallon(?) containers. Like for soda behind the bar. EDIT- like this thing.. What are those called again?

#253515 - 15/09/04 08:29 PM Re: El Cheapo On-board air....
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was wondering when someone would finally answer that question. Geez. Now I supply beer you supply CO2 Cyclemut.

#253516 - 15/09/04 08:58 PM Re: El Cheapo On-board air....
Anonymous
Unregistered

You're on Kev! Fall colors trip? My tank is still in the truck.

That tank is great! It's aired up my 35's twice, from 10psi, and 16 other tires from 18psi up to 36psi. Still have a lot of air left as well. Maybe a good 800psi or so, a little less than 1/2 a tank. Started from 1100psi.

#253517 - 15/09/04 09:01 PM Re: El Cheapo On-board air....
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Smoking] Now we're gettin' somewhere..

HOMEBREW LINKY

ps- don't bother with that "beermachine" from BPS or Cabelas, not worth the trouble...

#253518 - 16/09/04 06:17 AM Re: El Cheapo On-board air....
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Quote:
Originally posted by perna:
I personally would use a CO2 charging hose, the same hose we charge extinguishers with, will never fail and very durable. Cost is about $25 for the 6ft hose.
Hey, hadnt thought of that. Off to search the net..

No luck. Can someone point me in the right direction?

#253519 - 16/09/04 01:59 PM Re: El Cheapo On-board air....
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally posted by Cyclemut:
Still have a lot of air left as well. Maybe a good 800psi or so, a little less than 1/2 a tank. Started from 1100psi.
You're very nearly out. Pressure should remain nearly constant (temp not withstanding) as long as you have liquid remaining in the tank. Once the liquid has been exhausted, you're left with nothing but the gas volume in the tank and pressure will plummet quickly as it is used. That's why you need a scale to determine how much you have left, there's very little warning when you're nearly out, the volume of gas is only enough to do a handful of tires. Same as a gas grill if you're familiar...

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal