2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#260013 - 22/04/07 08:09 PM alignment and balacing
Anonymous
Unregistered

I recently bought a new set of tires and noticed not long after that my xterra was pulling slightly to the rigth hand side. So I took the truck to the dealer and they adjusted my alignment, however now when I go over 60 mph the truck begins to shake. I just noticed on my bill from the dealer that when they fixed the alignment they flipped my two front tires for no apparent reason. I am very annoyed by this and now have to go back to the dealer so they can find out why my truck now shakes when i go over 60. any ideas would be appreciated

#260014 - 22/04/07 09:04 PM Re: alignment and balacing
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
The most likely source of the vibration - as you didn't have it before getting new tires....is a bad balancing job, or a bad ply in a new tire, etc.

Take it back, again, and have them also rebalance the tires.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#260015 - 23/04/07 03:07 PM Re: alignment and balacing
Anonymous
Unregistered

Or a weight dropped off. I have at times had those sticky weights fall off. You could have thrown one making it out of balance. If so these things just happen. I just had all four of my tires replaced and they gouged all four wheels putting them on. They are getting me a new set but now I have to go back and wait for them to remoount and balance them. I'm not to happy either.

#260016 - 25/04/07 01:54 PM Re: alignment and balacing
Anonymous
Unregistered

well I just got home fromt the dealer, when they took the car for a test ride they felt it and rebalanced my tires. However after driving it I really dont fell much of a difference. They couldn't find anything else wrong so I am out of answers.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal