Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#261984 - 14/01/08 11:06 AM Re: BFG A/T's: Thoughts?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I purchased the General Grabber AT2. I did the research on Tire Rack and posted a couple questions in here. Some others run them too. They are great in the snow and normal off road... similar tread pattern to the BFG's as well. Alot cheaper too. Check them out at tire Rack.

#261985 - 15/01/08 09:19 PM Re: BFG A/T's: Thoughts?
Anonymous
Unregistered

QUOTE]hey what size tire did you use on those rims? i cause i want the BFG AT on the same rim[/QB][/QUOTE]
265/70/17's

#261986 - 16/01/08 07:12 PM Re: BFG A/T's: Thoughts?
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, here's my deal. Just came from Discount Tire this evening after getting BFG AT/KO's. They look sweet, and I'm sure will be awesome tires. I originally had a concern but after doing some research found my own answer.

'03SE, 4WD, no mudflaps, 265/75R16's. According to what I found I shouldn't need to do any trimming.

I'll post later about how well I like them. We even have some snow coming the next couple of days!

-G

#261987 - 22/01/08 07:20 AM Re: BFG A/T's: Thoughts?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, the snow came and continues to come. We're supposed to get a couple more inches today. But, I've got to add I'm disappointed. With my old tires (stock Long Trails), I used to be able to go around the block with my wife/daughter and gun it a little and have the back end slide on the corners. Did this mostly to irritate them. But now, I can't seem to GET the back end to slide! So, I'm disappointed... frown

Seriously, though, I'm very happy with them. They are quiet, long lasting (full 60k replacement warranty) and VERY grippy! If I truly had a complaint, it would have to be the speedometer is off now. I'm running with my GPS to find out exactly how far, but it looks to be a bit over 5%. That is, when the speedo reads 65, I'm actually going almost 70. So I'll have to keep an eye on that for a while. But other than that, no complaints so far.

Also, with my truck ('03SE, 4WD, no mudflaps) I've found I didn't have to trim anything either. These are about an inch taller than stock, but nothing rubs anywhere.

Hope this helps someone and thanks to all with their recommendations! That's what makes this forum so great!

-G

#261988 - 22/01/08 08:02 AM Re: BFG A/T's: Thoughts?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Two things:

1) Shouldn't your speedo be reading slower?

2) No offense at all man I swear, but seems to me like getting "slideways" in your X with wife and kid (in icy/snowy weather i'm assuming) is stupid not irritating!

JordanC

#261989 - 22/01/08 10:21 AM Re: BFG A/T's: Thoughts?
CK Offline

Loc: Exton, PA
JUST BUY THEM.........they work and are a good solid tire.......

#261990 - 22/01/08 10:56 AM Re: BFG A/T's: Thoughts?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by JordanC:
Two things:

2) No offense at all man I swear, but seems to me like getting "slideways" in your X with wife and kid (in icy/snowy weather i'm assuming) is stupid not irritating!

JordanC
That's what he said. his speedometer was showing 65, he was going 70.

I had a similar thing happen, on my audi. I put 215/45/16's as opposed to 215/55/16 and i was 5 miles slower. irritating.

#261991 - 22/01/08 11:29 AM Re: BFG A/T's: Thoughts?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by JordanC:
Two things:

JordanC
1) It IS slower (65 on speedo vs. 70 on GPS).

2) No offense taken. I have never went "slideways" with them in the truck. I'd only give it enough to just have the back end slip. Just enough to let them know it's losing traction. Couldn't have ever been more than just a few degrees. You know, just enough for them to go "eeek!". Just enough to get a reaction. Just enough for some fun 'cause they hate it!

-G

#261992 - 22/01/08 04:28 PM Re: BFG A/T's: Thoughts?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My apologies. I have mild dyslexia and I'm usually pretty good about reading things 3 times over but I rushed that one.

Those BFG's do have some good grip though, I feel ya there!

JordanC

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal