Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#262792 - 25/10/06 10:58 AM Yoko...Geolander Tires on.
Anonymous
Unregistered

It was time for me to get new tires. I dont OFF ROAD (so sorry Chia and other diehards [LOL] ) but I do tow my quad around. The occasional FIRE ROAD/DIRT ROAD hardly qualifies as OFF ROAD.

With that out of the way. I am pretty impressed with my install of the YOKOHAMA GEOLANDER H/T-S (Go/51'z) for my 2k SE. For $90 bux per, and an alignment for $60 I think I did pretty well.

Anyone else using these?

MGJ

#262793 - 29/10/06 08:13 PM Re: Yoko...Geolander Tires on.
Anonymous
Unregistered

My dad just recently installed Geolanders on his '99 Chevy Blazer ZR2, and he absolutely loves 'em!!!

But my dad paid $800 for the set, installed, balanced, and aligned... You got an amazing deal, care to let us know where you got them from?!? confused

I just recently bought my 2K SE, and the tires will probably need changing after this winter, and I'll definately look into Geolanders for it as well since the X is comparable to the ZR2 in terms of size and handling characteristics... cool [Smoking]

#262794 - 30/10/06 06:53 PM Re: Yoko...Geolander Tires on.
PaulsX Offline

Loc: Virginia Beach, Va.
I've got the Geolandars as well, and love them.

The only offroading that my X sees is the unimproved access roads in my area, so an offroad tire was not a big concern.

I've had them on the truck for over a year now, and they are just barely starting to show the first signs of wear. (200 mile commute per week.)

I paid about the same price from Tirerack.com for them, ($90 per) and did the mounting/balancing myself.

The only downfall that I have found with them is that they offer terrible traction in heavier snow conditions. Granted, my truck is a 4x2, and very rarely even sees snow, so it's really of no concern to me.

Dry weather handling as well as wet/rainy weather traction is superb.

Overall, I rate them very high for an inexpensive all season tire. [ThumbsUp]
97 GS-T

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal