2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#263494 - 22/09/01 02:03 PM Finally starting to shop...
Anonymous
Unregistered

okay, i'm getting married at the end of october, and when i get back from my honeymoon, i'm ready to buy a new set of tires...
after seeing, driving on, and loving them, i've decided to go w/ the 31x10.5x15 BFG AT KO's.
after reading many posts, there's still a little bit of indecisiveness between the BFG and the trXus...

i occasionally go wheeling, but mostly street driving, and we do get hit w/ snow in the winters...
SO...what i'm asking you guys, what can you do to convince me on which one to go with...
i know Oleg's gonna say the ATKo's, and BP's gonna say the trXus...
but, what about the rest of you???

also, anyone know the cheapest price around for both, and where i can find it???

#263495 - 22/09/01 03:49 PM Re: Finally starting to shop...
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
Trxu is the only way to go baby. Actually it really depends I stay on road most of the time but I do wheel at least once a month usually more. The AT's will do just fine on road and they have a good reputation etc. They are the sensible choice. On the other hand the trxu's look much much better, they perform better off road, and you get that nifty hum from having mud tires. If you want the safe sensible choice go for the at's. If you want to grin every time you see your truck and have people actually ask you about your tires get the trxu's.

It breaks down to this if you get AT's you will be jealous of those with cool mean tires. If you get trxu's people will be jealous of you but you will have to replace the tires a little before they do.

#263496 - 22/09/01 04:10 PM Re: Finally starting to shop...
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Dunlop Rover RTs would be my choice. A bit more agressive than the BFGs, but not as agressive as the TrXus. Reasonable price, durable, excellent all-around tire. See my post here.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#263497 - 22/09/01 04:53 PM Re: Finally starting to shop...
Olegkha Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Ari : the only reason i told you AT ko is i know how much you going wheeling

and ones a quarter dont realy justify louder, faster wearing out trXus tires

#263498 - 22/09/01 07:32 PM Re: Finally starting to shop...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with Oleg. Ari, with the amount you wheel the A/T is the tire for you.

That is unless you can cut that chain, dodge that whip and join us a little more often wink

#263499 - 22/09/01 07:51 PM Re: Finally starting to shop...
MeWantSnow! Offline

Loc: Sparta, NJ
I agree...go with the BFG ATKO's. Most importantly, because you can purchase them with the road hazard warantee. I have them in 33x12.50x15 on my F150, and got 60,000 miles out of a set. You might want to check out the prices at BJ's or Costco..they seem to be the most competitive, plus they always have them in stock, incase you have to use the road hazard warantee.

#263500 - 22/09/01 07:54 PM Re: Finally starting to shop...
MeWantSnow! Offline

Loc: Sparta, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by Goliath The X:

That is unless you can cut that chain, dodge that whip and join us a little more often wink

I in no way had any influence on that....so may the Wrath of Tanya fall on another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahaha smile

#263501 - 23/09/01 05:41 AM Re: Finally starting to shop...
steinism Offline

Loc: spooner street
Quote:
Originally posted by Goliath The X:

dave this line is too funny!!! the even funnier thing is is that i can picture you saying it!!!

laugh laugh

#263502 - 23/09/01 07:03 AM Re: Finally starting to shop...
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
Right on - unless you're planning on joining us more, get the BFG's... Otherwise, you know what my suggestion is. wink

#263503 - 23/09/01 12:57 PM Re: Finally starting to shop...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Guys,
the comments that you all have made are really NOT appreciated.

How the fuck do you guys get the impression that i have a ball and chain???

I know i don't go out that much, but i think i have a pretty good reason for that, its called getting married.

My wedding is in 5 weeks, and there has been TONS of planning and TONS of things that get in the way of other things i'd like to do, like go wheeling. some things are just more important!

I really don't give a fuck if you guys take offense to this, or if you wanna make fun of it, but right now, this is the way my life is, and if you guys can't accept it, then you can all suck my ass.

#263504 - 23/09/01 02:18 PM Re: Finally starting to shop...
neil Offline

Loc: LA,CA
daaaam, are they going to surgically implant a sense of humor at the wedding?

they're just tires, man.

#263505 - 23/09/01 04:54 PM Re: Finally starting to shop...
number41 Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by njX:
I really don't give a fuck if you guys take offense to this, or if you wanna make fun of it, but right now, this is the way my life is, and if you guys can't accept it, then you can all suck my ass.

Yikes! Take a chill-pill daddio.

They are just giving you shit, calm down and get over yourself.

Small hands in third world countries make quality products.

#263506 - 23/09/01 05:31 PM Re: Finally starting to shop...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ari

I'm really not sorry for the comment. What I am sorry for is considering you a friend that I could joke with. I was obvisously wrong.

It seems other people read it and thought it was a joke too. A funny joke even. hmmmmmmmm.

I think we should keep our conversations to a minimum. I know I will avoid your posts in the future. I wouldn't want an off-the-cuff joke I might make pissing you off.

David

Quote:
Originally posted by njX:

Guys,
the comments that you all have made are really NOT appreciated.

How the fuck do you guys get the impression that i have a ball and chain???

I know i don't go out that much, but i think i have a pretty good reason for that, its called getting married.

My wedding is in 5 weeks, and there has been TONS of planning and TONS of things that get in the way of other things i'd like to do, like go wheeling. some things are just more important!

[ 09-23-2001: Message edited by: Goliath The X ]

#263507 - 23/09/01 05:39 PM Re: Finally starting to shop...
Olegkha Offline

CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG ???

#263508 - 23/09/01 08:38 PM Re: Finally starting to shop...
Craigs_Tonka Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I have never met any of you so I'm likely speaking out of turn here. But I think it was all in jest and they were just playing with you in proverbial terms. Like I said, I don't know any of you, but I hope a simple post like this isn't ruining any relationships between you and your wife to be, or you and your 4 wheeling friends. Just my .02

#263509 - 24/09/01 06:08 AM Re: Finally starting to shop...
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
Yay! Pile on Oleg!

#263510 - 24/09/01 08:03 AM Re: Finally starting to shop...
Olegkha Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

And I'll be right after Synchro. Picture the scene from Airplane where the passengers are lining up to beat the crap out of another passenger.

Kirk, Mike, Paul cmone do you have to lighn up and slap me?

i am sure we can get a.....

wink

#263511 - 24/09/01 08:21 AM Re: Finally starting to shop...
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by Olegkha:

i am sure we can get a.....

long rope and hang you from it?

#263512 - 24/09/01 08:27 AM Re: Finally starting to shop...
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
I hear ya Ari. Planning the wedding is pretty stressful, even when there's not much that can be done, you feel guilty for escaping for a weekend. Just remember, it's worth it in the end, and you might actually have a bit more freedom in the long run. Just remember to bring a silly little memento home for her every time you go, and also, to tell her how many cool women came along each trip, or to tell her it was a trip she would've hated... Sometimes, that's a good thing, as it makes her happy that she didn't go...

Good luck with it man.

#263513 - 24/09/01 09:04 AM Re: Finally starting to shop...
Philosopher Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

And I'll be right after Synchro. Picture the scene from Airplane where the passengers are lining up to beat the crap out of another passenger.

Excuse me stewardess, I speak jive.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal