Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#265193 - 05/09/05 07:31 PM Wrangler MT/R's
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alright, here's the deal. I have the chance to get a set of Wrangler MT/R's 285/75/16 with about 80% tread left for free.

I have searched the forum and read a bunch of stuff. I figured if I start a new topic I may get some new responses.

So....here we go. I'm wondering what would need to be done to get these suckers on my stock X. Just trying to get an idea of how much this will end up costing. Can anyone give me some specifics on what will have to get done? ie...mods/shocks/trimming/lift/spacers/ect...will the PML and T-bar adjust give enough room with some trimming?

At this point I'm just curious, and will probably take the tires either way, (if I put them on or don't) and use them for something else.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

#265194 - 05/09/05 07:52 PM Re: Wrangler MT/R's
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
That size is like a skinny 33...like a 33 x 11.5-ish size....

So a PML and a 2" BL and some plastic cutting might be all you need to use them...and on-road the PML and trim alone could work.

laugh

Shocks and so forth only come into play if you want to articulate more...which is indepenent of tire size.

(A PML is a t-bar crank and a set of longer shackles)

laugh

Enjoy!

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#265195 - 05/09/05 08:08 PM Re: Wrangler MT/R's
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks for the info TJ. I've already got the shackles and i'm pretty sure i know how to do the crank, so that part shouldn't be an issue, i just wasn't sure if that would give it enough of a lift or not.

I'll probably just have to get them mounted and see what they rub on.

Mike

#265196 - 05/09/05 08:10 PM Re: Wrangler MT/R's
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Shocks will help control the extra unsprung weight of the bigger tires though. smile

Free is usually a good price.

#265197 - 05/09/05 08:28 PM Re: Wrangler MT/R's
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
So a PML and a 2" BL and some plastic cutting might be all you need to use them...
Are you talking about the shackles when you say a 2" BL?

#265198 - 05/09/05 09:00 PM Re: Wrangler MT/R's
Anonymous
Unregistered

Brant

He's probably speaking of the 2" BL that will raise your body off the frame. The shackles move your mounting point for the rear of the shackles lower, in effect giving you lift. The BL raises the tops of the wheel wells to allow for bigger tires to fit. I run a MT/R 33x12.5 15 with a 3"SL and a 2"BL. Can manage to rub a little in the front, thinking of re-indexing my bars or just buying new ones. Also, be aware of steering issues caused by larger rubber. Hope this helps.

#265199 - 05/09/05 09:21 PM Re: Wrangler MT/R's
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks, that does help alot. I thought he may be talking about an actual BL, but got confused there for a sec. I don't hear many people talking about BL's...as far as brands and whatnot. Any recomendations for the body lift? Brands and where to buy, ect.

UPDATE: Been reading more and more...pretty much got it figured out. Thanks for the help guys. laugh

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal