Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#267286 - 03/11/04 11:48 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Some years back I traded in an old Subaru on an Isuzu pickup. Long story short, the dealer (all their fault) gave me double what they had offered me on trade. I don't know whey they didn't catch it. I didn't at the time of sale, but later at home realized why my payment was lower than they initially said. The very next day the dealer called me and said they needed to talk to me. I drove over in my new truck. I asked what's up? They said that they made a mistake on MY INTEREST RATE and my contract was invalid. They had a new one for me to sign, that had a much lower interest rate, but low and behold, the trade in value was not doubled anymore (on the original contract they some kind of way deducted the trade twice). Hey, I was only 25 years old and I guess they thought I was stupid. I told them "If my contract is not valid, then bring my Subaru around to the front, because I'm driving home in that". They said "We've already sold your Subaru". I said "Well, that's that." They wanted to know why I wouldn't sign the new contract, after admitting their mistake. I told them because they initially lied to me about the whole thing and that is honestly why I would not sign another contract. Shit, they are so run mad to get you to sign that contract, how could it be no good!!

#267287 - 03/11/04 11:57 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Quote:
Originally posted by BeefJerky:
Shit, they are so run mad to get you to sign that contract, how could it be no good!!
Honestly, not to be a dick here. I did read that sentence over and over ... but ...What did you say? confused

#267288 - 03/11/04 12:02 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

The dealer told me my contract to buy the truck was no good. But a contract is suppose to be so binding. They do everything they can to get you in that finance office and get your signature on the contract. Then even if the friggin wheels fall off, the vehicle is yours.

#267289 - 03/11/04 12:03 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah I was kinda trying to decipher that sentence as well smile

No, I'm not considering trying to keep the wheels. It's an added expense that I don't need, and they don't look that great anyway. Had I been able to keep them free and clear, I might've considered selling them though wink

#267290 - 03/11/04 12:46 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
They are expensive because they made by Volk/Rays Racing http://www.rayswheels.co.jp/emenu/wheel.html (Click on Nismo wheels on the menu to the left) who are considered a high end manufacturer of wheels.
Actually they're not under the Nismo link. Click on the "Volk Racing" link to the left, then the TE37X (center top) and you'll see them.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#267291 - 03/11/04 01:30 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by mjpd1:
[b]So I bought an Xterra a couple days ago. When I bought it, it had a set of Nismo's on it. They told me when I bought it that they'd have to swap the wheels for the stock ones at some point, because the Nismo's are aftermarket, and were just on the X I bought for display purposes.
.........If so, how much is your word worth?

[/b]
To a stealership?

Nothing.

They screw people every day.

If they want the wheels back, I would tell they must buy the whole the Xterra back, full price. They won't take you up on that (they will have to sell it as used). If, by chance, they do, then go buy an X from somebody else.

They delivered the car to you in it's current condition, wheels included. If there is nothing in writing, I see no reason for you to acquiesce.

A thought:

If the stealership low-balled you on your trade-in by 5 grand, do you think they would give you the difference if you came back and complained after the fact? Hell no.

Keep the wheels unless there is a legal reason to give them back.

Stealership: [Finger]

You:

#267292 - 03/11/04 02:19 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
Keep the wheels unless there is a legal reason to give them back.
Thanks for the advice, but you musta skipped over the second page where I pointed out finding the doc I signed agreeing to the swap. Not much I can do if they ask for the wheels back smile

#267293 - 07/11/04 11:05 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Was at a dealership last night that had put the Nissmo Rims on 2 Xterras. One with silver the other bronze. On one they addedd $2000 to the price tag (along with other standard BS) the other had nothing on the adendum.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#267294 - 07/11/04 02:37 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fallen out with my local stealership over the whole not doing the Fuel Sender recall and lying to me about it. So I'd tell them to shove their repalcement wheels in a heartbeat. But then I never actually plan on buying another vehicle from that dealership either.

I'd not answer their calls and if they leave a voicemail just ignore it. Then eventually if they feel it's worth enough to come to your door, apologize for the problem you've been having with your phone and gladly take the X in for the wheel swap. Make those guys work for it, but don't help them to much along the way! lol.

They sure as hell tacked $2000 on the next X they sold to some unsuspecting women to make up for the mistake, if they are like any other self respecting stealership.

#267295 - 08/11/04 08:53 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I just got a letter from the dealership thanking me for my business. They also hand-wrote a side-note, asking me when a good time would be for me to stop in and have the wheels swapped. So they are definitely aware of the fact I have their wheels smile My question NOW is, what wheels will I be getting? According to the sticker on the X, I've paid for the "Xterra World Championship Package", which includes:

- 16" Aluminum-alloy wheels
- P265/70R16 Tires

What should these wheels look like? Are they different than what a stock X is equipped with? I wanna make sure they don't slap on some 15's amd try to put it past me. Pics of what I should be getting would be great just so I know smile

#267296 - 08/11/04 12:34 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by mjpd1:
Well I just got a letter from the dealership thanking me for my business. They also hand-wrote a side-note, asking me when a good time would be for me to stop in and have the wheels swapped. So they are definitely aware of the fact I have their wheels smile
I'd also make sure when you do go back that they give you something in return for the time you wasted bringing it back in for the swap. It was the Dealerships mistake that they didn't have them off before handing it over to you, I'd make them give you something.

Make sure to get it in writing that you have handed over the wheels and what they are going to give to you (if you do get anything).

#267297 - 10/11/04 10:52 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

I stopped at the dealership yesterday and they swapped the wheels off. So now I'm more stock than I was the day I bought it!

#267298 - 10/11/04 10:57 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
socalpunx Offline

Good job. Don't you feel splendid now? You did the right thing and you got what you paid for and you still have a great looking truck! [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

#267299 - 11/11/04 06:43 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have the same truck, but mine came with the Nismo Bronze wheels. I took another look at the sticker that was in the window of my truck when i bought it 3 months ago. I have the championship package, with a few other things, but it did not say anything about he Nismo wheels. It was supposed to have the 16' wheels on it. But when i bought it i said nothing to the dealer. Maybe they did not realize it, maybe they did. But i know i did not pay extra for them. I had gone to several dealers before i purchased it. They were all making the same deal, with the same options. Only thing different about he dealer i bought it from, was the Nismo rims. So i jumped on that. You guys might not like them, but i think they look good on the Super Black. But then again i am not a big off road guy. Especially when i have a 5 month old in the truck with me lol.... wife would freak out!

#267300 - 12/11/04 07:47 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Good job. Don't you feel splendid now? You did the right thing and you got what you paid for and you still have a great looking truck! [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]
Could you possibly be any more patronizing or self-righteous?

Why do you love the stealership so much anyway? Are you a used car salesman or something?

#267301 - 12/11/04 08:26 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sounds to me like he's just honest. Nothing wrong with that.

#267302 - 12/11/04 08:42 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
Sounds to me like he's just honest. Nothing wrong with that.
I judge honesty based on actions. More often than not, people strutting around on some kind of moral "high horse" are the MOST dishonest and depraved.

A car salesman's job is to say whatever he has to, including lying, to get the customer to pay more. His comissions are based on how much the customer pays. I see no moral issue with having a level playing field when dealing with such people.

People who know me know me as a what-you-see-is-what-you-get honest person. It doesn't mean that I advocate stupidity when dealing with auto salespeople........

#267303 - 12/11/04 09:42 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
socalpunx Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Good job. Don't you feel splendid now? You did the right thing and you got what you paid for and you still have a great looking truck! [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]
Could you possibly be any more patronizing or self-righteous?

Why do you love the stealership so much anyway? Are you a used car salesman or something?[/b]
He signed something. He made an agreement with someone. Regardless of how you feel about auto dealerships, sales people, or anything else for that matter, it is the right thing to do.

I personally feel good when I do the right thing. Especially when there are people suggesting that I do otherwise. I'm sorry you feel that it's "patronizing or self-righteous" to pat a guy on the back for not giving in to the urge to take something that it's not his and stand by his word.

#267304 - 12/11/04 09:57 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Sounds to me like he's just honest. Nothing wrong with that.
I judge honesty based on actions. More often than not, people strutting around on some kind of moral "high horse" are the MOST dishonest and depraved.

A car salesman's job is to say whatever he has to, including lying, to get the customer to pay more. His comissions are based on how much the customer pays. I see no moral issue with having a level playing field when dealing with such people.

People who know me know me as a what-you-see-is-what-you-get honest person. It doesn't mean that I advocate stupidity when dealing with auto salespeople........[/b]
Nice moral compass you have there. :rolleyes:

Even if you remove the ethics aspect, he had a binding contract to return the wheels.

#267305 - 12/11/04 10:09 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

I guess I don't see what this has to do with shifty car salesmen. The buyer/seller agreed he'd return the rims at a later date and to remove ALL doubt, it was put in writing.

Even if it weren't in writing and you agreed verbally to do it, socalpunx is right on there in asking about integrity to do the right thing. Is your word worth anything?

It used to be that most business deals were done on a handshake and a man's word. Gone are the days where you could trust someone not to stick you later on that simply because you don't have it in writing.

Regardless of how shifty or sneaky you think a car salesman is, your word should still have just as much meaning as it does with your best friend or your spouse. Jeff, it seems that you're suggesting that your level of integrity is based entirely on the level of integrity you percieve the other guy has. Consequently, you're the type of guy I'd want something in writing from.

Now go on and accuse me of being on a moral high horse. Then again, ask anyone who knows me. Hell, recently the ATM machine gave me an extra $40 because the bills stuck together. I returned the money to the bank. Actions speak louder than words.

#267306 - 12/11/04 10:34 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
jimbo Offline

If you said you'd bring it back - you bring it back. Regardless of the fact that they would screw you over.

Doing the right thing is not dependent on the other person acting the same way.

Selfish acts makes this world a shitty place. Selfless acts make this world a good place.

#267307 - 12/11/04 12:40 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by jimbo:
.....Selfish acts makes this world a shitty place. Selfless acts make this world a good place.
Good idea. Make sure that you spend $5K too much on your next vehicle. The stealership will thank you.

#267308 - 12/11/04 12:58 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
......Jeff, it seems that you're suggesting that your level of integrity is based entirely on the level of integrity you percieve the other guy has. Consequently, you're the type of guy I'd want something in writing from.

Now go on and accuse me of being on a moral high horse. Then again, ask anyone who knows me. Hell, recently the ATM machine gave me an extra $40 because the bills stuck together. I returned the money to the bank. Actions speak louder than words.
Nope.

My level of integrity is 100%.

Dealerships promise people things every day and only deliver what's in writing! No matter what, the dealership never loses money, anyway.

I believe in a level playing field when it comes to business deals.

If the buyer has to "beware", so should the dealer.

The agreement was in writing, so it's a moot point, anyway.

#267309 - 12/11/04 01:04 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
jimbo Offline

Quote:
[Good idea. Make sure that you spend $5K too much on your next vehicle. The stealership will thank you.
Negotiations and not honoring your word are 2 different things.

#267310 - 12/11/04 01:25 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
Quote:
...I believe in a level playing field when it comes to business deals.

If the buyer has to "beware", so should the dealer.

The agreement was in writing, so it's a moot point, anyway.
I think you should move to California... You'd fit right in... wink

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal