Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#267261 - 02/11/04 01:15 PM dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

So I bought an Xterra a couple days ago. When I bought it, it had a set of Nismo's on it. They told me when I bought it that they'd have to swap the wheels for the stock ones at some point, because the Nismo's are aftermarket, and were just on the X I bought for display purposes. Since I've already bought the truck, do they really have the right to take them back? I'm new to Nissan's, and prior to Sunday I had never even heard of Nismo's. Should I fight to keep these?

#267262 - 02/11/04 01:24 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nothing in writing? They delivered it like that, that's the way it comes. When we bought my wife's Altima, it was a dealer trade. They didn't know it, but the dealer they traded it to used it as their show model, it had wood grain (which we took off), fog lights, in cabin microfilter and a few other bells and whistles. They made the deal though, so we took the car.

Swap them at some point? What do they expect, you drive around with those then whenever they order stock you bring it in for a swap? Sounds shady. I say keep them, tell the dealer to go soak his head.

#267263 - 02/11/04 01:28 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tell him you'll give them back for a set of the 15" steel wheels and 5 Goodyear MT/R's. Otherwise, if it's not in writing, he can pound sand.

#267264 - 02/11/04 01:58 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just tell him that you don't remember that conversation and you bought the vehicle as is. Let him know that you will gladly swap them if he can remind you in the written contract that that was actually apart of the deal. But if you get arrested...my bad...

#267265 - 02/11/04 02:07 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Give em back???? Hey, go through ALL your paperwork, if they are'nt mentioned I would tell them to go [Finger] themselves. Although no one has them around here, they are NICE as hell, they are forged VOLK wheels. Probably the most respected wheel makers in the world. The choice of NISMO and MUGEN, that says a lot.

#267266 - 02/11/04 02:28 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
TO the dealer

[Finger]

To you

[ThumbsUp]

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#267267 - 02/11/04 02:42 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

yea if they delivered it to u like that then screw em... u could even get a lotta money if someone wanted to buy them

#267268 - 02/11/04 02:56 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
I wouldn't give em back either,especially if it's not on the contract.Unless the gave me a good trade.I'd tell them I want a set of BFG M/T's mounted on the Fronty wheels... wink

#267269 - 02/11/04 03:09 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
BoneCrusher Offline

Loc: In a Bar near YOU!
If you had a problem and wanted to swap out your transmission because it wasnt working

WOuld THEY switch it out

HECK NO because the truck is delivered AS IS
AS IS doesnt mean oh well we have to take this back or that back

FIGHT THOSE GUYS FOR THEM
the wheels are yours and any small claims court is gonna side with you if these bozos try anything funny.

disclaimer im not a lawyer
I just know because my mom had a car delivered to her as a top of the line sports edition maxima and all she wanted was the low end model. They tried that with us and we told them to pound sand and we won in court.

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency

99% of democrats give the rest a bad name

Liberals are constantly Inflaming the culture war. They seem to forget which side has all the guns.

#267270 - 02/11/04 03:10 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
BOOM Offline

Loc: WISCONSIN
if i where you i would put NUT LOCKS on at least 2 nuts on each tire and then those crabby fuckers could not get them off if they would come by your house at night....

COOL......

LATER [Wave] [Wave]

BOOM

if you wanna get it DIRTY, Then go in and get some MUD !! ON IT

#267271 - 02/11/04 03:46 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Quote:
Originally posted by mjpd1:
So I bought an Xterra a couple days ago. When I bought it, it had a set of Nismo's on it. They told me when I bought it that they'd have to swap the wheels for the stock ones at some point, because the Nismo's are aftermarket, and were just on the X I bought for display purposes.
The real question is , What did you agree to?

When they told you this did you nod your head and say , "Sure , no problem?" or did you object at the time?

Is this a case of them telling that the wheels aren't part of the deal and you agreeing to have them removed and then doing the research and realizing that they are a very expensive option?

What arrangement did they make with you regarding exchanging the wheels.

If so, how much is your word worth?

Also, what time of day was it when you finally took delivery of the vehicle? Was it late at night or on a weekend after the service dept. was closed? Did they invite you back for a detail job or other servicing that wasn't able to be completed the night it rolled? If so, they let you roll the truck with stipulations.

Are you in an area where there are plenty of other Nissan dealers to choose from. Because if you pursue this you are probaly going to soil the relationship you have with this one.

Usaully, when a dealer adds aftermarket , dealer installed items like wheels, there will be a hand printed invoice on the window indicating the additional cost of such items.

Along with this, if there are items that the dealer has agreed to install in addition to the vehicle as delivered, there should be an additional sheet of paper outlining the items that are in addition to the as-is delivery of the vehicle.

Do you have any such items in or with your paperwork?

Sure , they are expensive wheels and you might love them to death. But what did you agree to? If they knew that they were selling you the vehicle with the wheels you would have paid for them. And paid dearly.

So the real question is: What did you say. What did they say that they would do and what agreement did you make. Why should they be penalized if you now decide to back out of your agreement?

There are a lot of things you are leaving out of the story. A complete scenario would be better in establishing what the right thing to do really is.

#267272 - 02/11/04 05:21 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

they come by his house at night, is is grand theft, a felony.. i doubt they would do that. take pictures defore you ever put it in the shop, as wheel locks can be defeated with a socket & a hammer. if it is not in the written contract, it never happned. go ask them for free oil changes, and say the salesman said you could have them for the first year.. cost to them, maybe 1 hr of labor, and $20 of parts.. They will ask to see where it is in your contract.. dowsn't mater what was promised verbally, written is all that matters.. after not seeing it, they will tell you no. so read your contract, and tell them no. (btw most little booths are bugged, and taped)so the "as delivered" is paramount..

#267273 - 02/11/04 05:35 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Every vehicle I've ever purchased comes with a form stating the vehicle is purchased "AS IS" or otherwise outlines tasks that are to be completed as a stipulation of the deal.

Say you bought your X, but you would like the S/C wheels and tires and you want them to install a temp/compass mirror too. This is where they would list these things if they haven't been completed yet. When I bought my last truck I wanted nerf bars and a bedliner form a local custom shop, these items were listed here since I will be taking the vehicle home but will bring it back to have that work done when the parts are available.

My salesperson and finance person always says "This is to say that you are taking hte vehicle just the way it is and that we aren't making any changes to the vehicle as part of the purchase." And then I sign.

I believe that if the paper lists no such agreement then it no longer exists. Like was explained, if you went to them and said that your salesman promised you free oil changes for a year, would they give them to you if you didn't have proof? Doubtful.

#267274 - 02/11/04 05:37 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
take em off sell them and use the money to buy some 15" steel wheels and some BFG Mud Terrains.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#267275 - 02/11/04 05:41 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
In real estate if it's not in writing, it doesn't exist. I believe the same would be true here. [Wave]

#267276 - 02/11/04 10:28 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
JSRAIDER Offline

Loc: Southern California
Sounds like the dealer made a mistake by not putting it in writing! If it is not in writing than it did not happen. When you buy a new vehicle and it did not have a towing hitch on it but you asked and paid extra to have it installed by the dealer, technically they have to put it into writing anything that they are to install (or in your case) to remove from the vehicle.

#267277 - 03/11/04 01:24 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Keep them. But find another dealer who will work on your car LOL

#267278 - 03/11/04 05:08 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Instead of the steel wheels, tell them you want the Charcoal Dessert Runner Wheels and Goodyear MT/R's. I would swap for that.

#267279 - 03/11/04 05:20 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Toy Man Offline

Loc: Beaverton Oregon
Quote:
The real question is , What did you agree to?

When they told you this did you nod your head and say , "Sure , no problem?" or did you object at the time?

Is this a case of them telling that the wheels aren't part of the deal and you agreeing to have them removed and then doing the research and realizing that they are a very expensive option?

What arrangement did they make with you regarding exchanging the wheels.

If so, how much is your word worth?

Also, what time of day was it when you finally took delivery of the vehicle? Was it late at night or on a weekend after the service dept. was closed? Did they invite you back for a detail job or other servicing that wasn't able to be completed the night it rolled? If so, they let you roll the truck with stipulations.

Are you in an area where there are plenty of other Nissan dealers to choose from. Because if you pursue this you are probaly going to soil the relationship you have with this one.

Usaully, when a dealer adds aftermarket , dealer installed items like wheels, there will be a hand printed invoice on the window indicating the additional cost of such items.

Along with this, if there are items that the dealer has agreed to install in addition to the vehicle as delivered, there should be an additional sheet of paper outlining the items that are in addition to the as-is delivery of the vehicle.

Do you have any such items in or with your paperwork?

Sure , they are expensive wheels and you might love them to death. But what did you agree to? If they knew that they were selling you the vehicle with the wheels you would have paid for them. And paid dearly.

So the real question is: What did you say. What did they say that they would do and what agreement did you make. Why should they be penalized if you now decide to back out of your agreement?

There are a lot of things you are leaving out of the story. A complete scenario would be better in establishing what the right thing to do really is.
Well said.

Toy Man

#267280 - 03/11/04 07:29 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got to agree with socalpunX on this one, what ever happened to people doing what they said they would.

Jeez, do we have a bunch of lawyers on this site (you know people who follow the chain of thought that goes something like this> does not matter that you beat a guy to death with a hammer in front of 500 people, you should be let go because your house was searched illegally to recover said hammer cause the clerk put the wrong apartment number?

If you agreed to the swap out just do it and stop trying to justify going back on your word. Incidentally, they may be screaming expensive and all that but my personal opinion is that they look like ass on your X.

#267281 - 03/11/04 07:46 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for all the input! I've got no intention of "going back on my word", and I'm certainly not trying to find ways to screw them over. This dealership went above and beyond in order to put me in the X, and I've got no intention of screwing up the relationship I have with them.

When they mentioned they would need to swap the wheels, I said 'ok', and in the event they call and want to perform the swap, I'll happily oblige. After reviewing the paperwork I signed, I did find a note on one of the docs stating the wheel swap would need to be done. So I can't argue with a doc that I signed!

Like I said before, I had never even heard of Nismos before I bought the X. I have no idea what they cost or their worth, which is why I was asking if I should make a deal out of this. I personally don't even like them that much wink But bottom line; I did sign a doc stating the swap would be done, so that's that smile

Thanks again everyone!

#267282 - 03/11/04 08:32 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

You're paying for them, so make sure you get new wheels the same or price or more.

#267283 - 03/11/04 11:05 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I've got no intention of "going back on my word", and I'm certainly not trying to find ways to screw them over
I owe you an apology, I inferred from the discussion that you were looking to weasel out of your word. You are a class kind of guy, good luck with the new truck!

I still think they look crappy though [Too much XOC]

#267284 - 03/11/04 11:34 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BigYella:
I owe you an apology, I inferred from the discussion that you were looking to weasel out of your word. You are a class kind of guy, good luck with the new truck!

I still think they look crappy though [Too much XOC]
No apology necessary wink

While we're on the topic, what do the stock XE wheels look like that I'll (eventually) be getting? And why are Nismo's so expensive? They don't even seem to be a favorite around here.

#267285 - 03/11/04 11:43 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
socalpunx Offline

They are expensive because they made by Volk/Rays Racing http://www.rayswheels.co.jp/emenu/wheel.html (Click on Nismo wheels on the menu to the left) who are considered a high end manufacturer of wheels.

Without going into the different wheel making processes pros and cons , cast VS. forged ect. these wheels are forged which makes for a very strong and a more expensive manufacturing process.

If you are thinking about biting the bullet and financing them as part of your purchase, don't. You don't need them. You can buy very nice wheels that will serve your purpose for less than half the price.

That's the primary reason why they aren't pupular here. People would rather spend that $1,500 on tires AND wheels or a lift or other accessories that might suit their needs.

Plus, they look like a car wheel IMHO.

#267286 - 03/11/04 11:48 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Some years back I traded in an old Subaru on an Isuzu pickup. Long story short, the dealer (all their fault) gave me double what they had offered me on trade. I don't know whey they didn't catch it. I didn't at the time of sale, but later at home realized why my payment was lower than they initially said. The very next day the dealer called me and said they needed to talk to me. I drove over in my new truck. I asked what's up? They said that they made a mistake on MY INTEREST RATE and my contract was invalid. They had a new one for me to sign, that had a much lower interest rate, but low and behold, the trade in value was not doubled anymore (on the original contract they some kind of way deducted the trade twice). Hey, I was only 25 years old and I guess they thought I was stupid. I told them "If my contract is not valid, then bring my Subaru around to the front, because I'm driving home in that". They said "We've already sold your Subaru". I said "Well, that's that." They wanted to know why I wouldn't sign the new contract, after admitting their mistake. I told them because they initially lied to me about the whole thing and that is honestly why I would not sign another contract. Shit, they are so run mad to get you to sign that contract, how could it be no good!!

#267287 - 03/11/04 11:57 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
socalpunx Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BeefJerky:
Shit, they are so run mad to get you to sign that contract, how could it be no good!!
Honestly, not to be a dick here. I did read that sentence over and over ... but ...What did you say? confused

#267288 - 03/11/04 12:02 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

The dealer told me my contract to buy the truck was no good. But a contract is suppose to be so binding. They do everything they can to get you in that finance office and get your signature on the contract. Then even if the friggin wheels fall off, the vehicle is yours.

#267289 - 03/11/04 12:03 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah I was kinda trying to decipher that sentence as well smile

No, I'm not considering trying to keep the wheels. It's an added expense that I don't need, and they don't look that great anyway. Had I been able to keep them free and clear, I might've considered selling them though wink

#267290 - 03/11/04 12:46 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
They are expensive because they made by Volk/Rays Racing http://www.rayswheels.co.jp/emenu/wheel.html (Click on Nismo wheels on the menu to the left) who are considered a high end manufacturer of wheels.
Actually they're not under the Nismo link. Click on the "Volk Racing" link to the left, then the TE37X (center top) and you'll see them.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#267291 - 03/11/04 01:30 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]So I bought an Xterra a couple days ago. When I bought it, it had a set of Nismo's on it. They told me when I bought it that they'd have to swap the wheels for the stock ones at some point, because the Nismo's are aftermarket, and were just on the X I bought for display purposes.
.........If so, how much is your word worth?

[/b]
To a stealership?

Nothing.

They screw people every day.

If they want the wheels back, I would tell they must buy the whole the Xterra back, full price. They won't take you up on that (they will have to sell it as used). If, by chance, they do, then go buy an X from somebody else.

They delivered the car to you in it's current condition, wheels included. If there is nothing in writing, I see no reason for you to acquiesce.

A thought:

If the stealership low-balled you on your trade-in by 5 grand, do you think they would give you the difference if you came back and complained after the fact? Hell no.

Keep the wheels unless there is a legal reason to give them back.

Stealership: [Finger]

You:

#267292 - 03/11/04 02:19 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
Keep the wheels unless there is a legal reason to give them back.
Thanks for the advice, but you musta skipped over the second page where I pointed out finding the doc I signed agreeing to the swap. Not much I can do if they ask for the wheels back smile

#267293 - 07/11/04 11:05 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Was at a dealership last night that had put the Nissmo Rims on 2 Xterras. One with silver the other bronze. On one they addedd $2000 to the price tag (along with other standard BS) the other had nothing on the adendum.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#267294 - 07/11/04 02:37 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fallen out with my local stealership over the whole not doing the Fuel Sender recall and lying to me about it. So I'd tell them to shove their repalcement wheels in a heartbeat. But then I never actually plan on buying another vehicle from that dealership either.

I'd not answer their calls and if they leave a voicemail just ignore it. Then eventually if they feel it's worth enough to come to your door, apologize for the problem you've been having with your phone and gladly take the X in for the wheel swap. Make those guys work for it, but don't help them to much along the way! lol.

They sure as hell tacked $2000 on the next X they sold to some unsuspecting women to make up for the mistake, if they are like any other self respecting stealership.

#267295 - 08/11/04 08:53 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I just got a letter from the dealership thanking me for my business. They also hand-wrote a side-note, asking me when a good time would be for me to stop in and have the wheels swapped. So they are definitely aware of the fact I have their wheels smile My question NOW is, what wheels will I be getting? According to the sticker on the X, I've paid for the "Xterra World Championship Package", which includes:

- 16" Aluminum-alloy wheels
- P265/70R16 Tires

What should these wheels look like? Are they different than what a stock X is equipped with? I wanna make sure they don't slap on some 15's amd try to put it past me. Pics of what I should be getting would be great just so I know smile

#267296 - 08/11/04 12:34 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
Quote:
Well I just got a letter from the dealership thanking me for my business. They also hand-wrote a side-note, asking me when a good time would be for me to stop in and have the wheels swapped. So they are definitely aware of the fact I have their wheels smile
I'd also make sure when you do go back that they give you something in return for the time you wasted bringing it back in for the swap. It was the Dealerships mistake that they didn't have them off before handing it over to you, I'd make them give you something.

Make sure to get it in writing that you have handed over the wheels and what they are going to give to you (if you do get anything).

#267297 - 10/11/04 10:52 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

I stopped at the dealership yesterday and they swapped the wheels off. So now I'm more stock than I was the day I bought it!

#267298 - 10/11/04 10:57 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
socalpunx Offline

Good job. Don't you feel splendid now? You did the right thing and you got what you paid for and you still have a great looking truck! [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

#267299 - 11/11/04 06:43 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have the same truck, but mine came with the Nismo Bronze wheels. I took another look at the sticker that was in the window of my truck when i bought it 3 months ago. I have the championship package, with a few other things, but it did not say anything about he Nismo wheels. It was supposed to have the 16' wheels on it. But when i bought it i said nothing to the dealer. Maybe they did not realize it, maybe they did. But i know i did not pay extra for them. I had gone to several dealers before i purchased it. They were all making the same deal, with the same options. Only thing different about he dealer i bought it from, was the Nismo rims. So i jumped on that. You guys might not like them, but i think they look good on the Super Black. But then again i am not a big off road guy. Especially when i have a 5 month old in the truck with me lol.... wife would freak out!

#267300 - 12/11/04 07:47 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Good job. Don't you feel splendid now? You did the right thing and you got what you paid for and you still have a great looking truck! [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]
Could you possibly be any more patronizing or self-righteous?

Why do you love the stealership so much anyway? Are you a used car salesman or something?

#267301 - 12/11/04 08:26 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sounds to me like he's just honest. Nothing wrong with that.

#267302 - 12/11/04 08:42 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
Sounds to me like he's just honest. Nothing wrong with that.
I judge honesty based on actions. More often than not, people strutting around on some kind of moral "high horse" are the MOST dishonest and depraved.

A car salesman's job is to say whatever he has to, including lying, to get the customer to pay more. His comissions are based on how much the customer pays. I see no moral issue with having a level playing field when dealing with such people.

People who know me know me as a what-you-see-is-what-you-get honest person. It doesn't mean that I advocate stupidity when dealing with auto salespeople........

#267303 - 12/11/04 09:42 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
socalpunx Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Good job. Don't you feel splendid now? You did the right thing and you got what you paid for and you still have a great looking truck! [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]
Could you possibly be any more patronizing or self-righteous?

Why do you love the stealership so much anyway? Are you a used car salesman or something?[/b]
He signed something. He made an agreement with someone. Regardless of how you feel about auto dealerships, sales people, or anything else for that matter, it is the right thing to do.

I personally feel good when I do the right thing. Especially when there are people suggesting that I do otherwise. I'm sorry you feel that it's "patronizing or self-righteous" to pat a guy on the back for not giving in to the urge to take something that it's not his and stand by his word.

#267304 - 12/11/04 09:57 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Sounds to me like he's just honest. Nothing wrong with that.
I judge honesty based on actions. More often than not, people strutting around on some kind of moral "high horse" are the MOST dishonest and depraved.

A car salesman's job is to say whatever he has to, including lying, to get the customer to pay more. His comissions are based on how much the customer pays. I see no moral issue with having a level playing field when dealing with such people.

People who know me know me as a what-you-see-is-what-you-get honest person. It doesn't mean that I advocate stupidity when dealing with auto salespeople........[/b]
Nice moral compass you have there. :rolleyes:

Even if you remove the ethics aspect, he had a binding contract to return the wheels.

#267305 - 12/11/04 10:09 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

I guess I don't see what this has to do with shifty car salesmen. The buyer/seller agreed he'd return the rims at a later date and to remove ALL doubt, it was put in writing.

Even if it weren't in writing and you agreed verbally to do it, socalpunx is right on there in asking about integrity to do the right thing. Is your word worth anything?

It used to be that most business deals were done on a handshake and a man's word. Gone are the days where you could trust someone not to stick you later on that simply because you don't have it in writing.

Regardless of how shifty or sneaky you think a car salesman is, your word should still have just as much meaning as it does with your best friend or your spouse. Jeff, it seems that you're suggesting that your level of integrity is based entirely on the level of integrity you percieve the other guy has. Consequently, you're the type of guy I'd want something in writing from.

Now go on and accuse me of being on a moral high horse. Then again, ask anyone who knows me. Hell, recently the ATM machine gave me an extra $40 because the bills stuck together. I returned the money to the bank. Actions speak louder than words.

#267306 - 12/11/04 10:34 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
jimbo Offline

If you said you'd bring it back - you bring it back. Regardless of the fact that they would screw you over.

Doing the right thing is not dependent on the other person acting the same way.

Selfish acts makes this world a shitty place. Selfless acts make this world a good place.

#267307 - 12/11/04 12:40 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by jimbo:
.....Selfish acts makes this world a shitty place. Selfless acts make this world a good place.
Good idea. Make sure that you spend $5K too much on your next vehicle. The stealership will thank you.

#267308 - 12/11/04 12:58 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
......Jeff, it seems that you're suggesting that your level of integrity is based entirely on the level of integrity you percieve the other guy has. Consequently, you're the type of guy I'd want something in writing from.

Now go on and accuse me of being on a moral high horse. Then again, ask anyone who knows me. Hell, recently the ATM machine gave me an extra $40 because the bills stuck together. I returned the money to the bank. Actions speak louder than words.
Nope.

My level of integrity is 100%.

Dealerships promise people things every day and only deliver what's in writing! No matter what, the dealership never loses money, anyway.

I believe in a level playing field when it comes to business deals.

If the buyer has to "beware", so should the dealer.

The agreement was in writing, so it's a moot point, anyway.

#267309 - 12/11/04 01:04 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
jimbo Offline

Quote:
[Good idea. Make sure that you spend $5K too much on your next vehicle. The stealership will thank you.
Negotiations and not honoring your word are 2 different things.

#267310 - 12/11/04 01:25 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
Quote:
...I believe in a level playing field when it comes to business deals.

If the buyer has to "beware", so should the dealer.

The agreement was in writing, so it's a moot point, anyway.
I think you should move to California... You'd fit right in... wink

#267311 - 13/11/04 07:18 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Only question I have is, was the price of the truck lowered 2K since the wheels werent part of the deal?

#267312 - 14/11/04 01:38 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Calm down guys! smile The wheels went back, just as I said they would; just as the doc I signed stated they would. Done deal. And to top it off, I still love my truck! I checked the sticker of the truck and the wheels weren't listed as part of the package, so there was no need to adjust the price. They were just on this particular X for display. So thanks for all the input guys, but let's let this thread die peacefully wink

#267313 - 14/11/04 03:01 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know if I would've given the wheels back. I mean, when I buy a vehicle, I'm buying it with everything I see, not what they say they're going to put on it afterwards.

#267314 - 14/11/04 03:27 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Lightning Offline

Loc: High Point, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by MuddyX:
I don't know if I would've given the wheels back. I mean, when I buy a vehicle, I'm buying it with everything I see, not what they say they're going to put on it afterwards.
I don't get it guys.... why would he keep the wheels!?!?!?!?!? When he bought the Xterra, he made both an oral and written agreement that he would not keep the wheels. He didn't pay for the wheels. Why would he keep them... it would be blatent theft. It's not like they don't know where he lives and couldn't file a suit against him. I say close the post and tell everyone to shut up about stealing the wheels!

On another note... Nice truck and welcome!

#267315 - 14/11/04 03:56 PM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Lightning:
Quote:
[b]I don't know if I would've given the wheels back. I mean, when I buy a vehicle, I'm buying it with everything I see, not what they say they're going to put on it afterwards.
I don't get it guys.... why would he keep the wheels!?!?!?!?!? When he bought the Xterra, he made both an oral and written agreement that he would not keep the wheels. He didn't pay for the wheels. Why would he keep them... it would be blatent theft. It's not like they don't know where he lives and couldn't file a suit against him. I say close the post and tell everyone to shut up about stealing the wheels!

On another note... Nice truck and welcome![/b]
I didn't read where he said he signed an agreement. An oral agreement doesn't mean jack shit when it comes to dealing cars.

#267316 - 15/11/04 09:21 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lightning:
[b]
Quote:
[b]I don't know if I would've given the wheels back. I mean, when I buy a vehicle, I'm buying it with everything I see, not what they say they're going to put on it afterwards.

On another note... Nice truck and welcome![/b]
I didn't read where he said he signed an agreement. An oral agreement doesn't mean jack shit when it comes to dealing cars.[/b]
Correct. Thats why you have a 'due bill' or whatever its called. Lists all work agreed to be done at time of closing. Otherwise, its all talk. smile

#267317 - 18/11/04 07:16 AM Re: dealer wants back the Nismo's on my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bottom line is that the dealer had it in writing. If he did not return the rims, he would either have to pay for them, or the dealer would get them back through taking him to court. Either way, the dealer will win.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal